Liverpool v QPR Sun May 19th 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kartiek » Sun May 19, 2013 7:49 pm

damjan193 » Sun May 19, 2013 5:11 pm wrote:
kartiek » Sun May 19, 2013 5:56 pm wrote:I also hope Bale leaves Spurs this summer. I mean, for gods' sake, the guy has literally earned Spurs 10-15 points on his own entirely.

Still in an Europa League spot though.

Yup, Spurs have a hype around them, and I think if next season Bale leaves, we should see them go bust. He's got 90 minute winners in at least 5 games this season where Spurs looked entirely dire and lucky to have come away with the win.

BTN, I don't want to argue, but you're saying that Suarez has won as 30 points on his own is, for me, quite frankly absurd. He hasn't had a single game where you could pull him aside and say he single handedly scored that goal and won the game for us.
kartiek

Postby kartiek » Sun May 19, 2013 7:51 pm

parchpea » Sun May 19, 2013 6:22 pm wrote:Not been a massive improvement this year with the club basically laying the seed and hoping to
see the benefits next year and beyond, but you never can tell.

Its a big a summer for FSG and the club where their will either display their real commitment
to Liverpool or fall short of doing enough to give us a proper crack at it again like last year.

Rodgers will now be under more pressure to deliver gains on the park and push for the 4th spot
but its not going to be easy and he cant afford any mistakes the market that's for sure.

9 points more than last season (and ideally 11 if you include the Everton game which we wrongly lost) - I think that's massive improvement. I'm expecting this points total to keep going up. Next season, 70 has to be the target.

Liverpool points total since Rafa - 04/05 - 58, 05/06 - 82, 06/07 - 68, 07/06 - 76, 08/09 - 86, 09/10 - 63, 10/11 - 58, 11/12 - 52, 12/13 - 61+2=63
Last edited by kartiek on Sun May 19, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kartiek

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 19, 2013 7:56 pm

apparently since mid january though (when sturridge and coutinho arrived) we`ve been showing top 4 form, yes the final points total isnt that much of an improvement on last seasons tally but it took us 14 games before we won a game.
one thing i have noticed since january is that more and more teams set up to come away with a point from anfield, before today we had drawn our last 3 home games and it is something we are going to have to deal with next season.
looking at some of the CB`s we are being linked with i`m confident rodgers will sort the defence out but i`m not convinced he`s worked out how to break down a packed defence yet.
i still would like to see carroll or someone of that ilk in our squad at the start of next season for that very reason.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Mon May 20, 2013 10:32 am

Playing Carroll against the likes of stoke isnt going to work. Putting balls in the air Huth and Shawcross will just header away.

Putting cute passes through the middle for Suarez Coutinho and Sturridge is how how you beat a rugby side like Stoke City and all the others that play their horrible way.

I understand what you mean by teams defending for the point against us. The likes of the laready mentioned Stoke, WBA, West ham find it too easy to get something from Anfield.  It has been a problem for years I remember a time when we just couldnt beat birmingham city think it was 6 games without a win v them

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 20, 2013 11:14 am

LFC1990 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:32 am wrote:Playing Carroll against the likes of stoke isnt going to work. Putting balls in the air Huth and Shawcross will just header away.

Putting cute passes through the middle for Suarez Coutinho and Sturridge is how how you beat a rugby side like Stoke City and all the others that play their horrible way.

I understand what you mean by teams defending for the point against us. The likes of the laready mentioned Stoke, WBA, West ham find it too easy to get something from Anfield.  It has been a problem for years I remember a time when we just couldnt beat birmingham city think it was 6 games without a win v them

i`m not just talking about stoke, i`m talking about any side that packs their box at anfield like west ham did recently.
when a team gets every man back behind the ball for whatever reason we find it very hard to break them down and more often than not we end up running out idea`s and throwing crosses in to 5 foot 8 and 5 foot 9 forwards.
as i said before today we had drawn our previous 3 home games (thats without mentioning the recent 0-0 at reading where we came up against the same defensive tactic) and that was with suarez, coutinho and sturridge available.
carroll may not be prepared to sit on the bench for 90% of the season so it doesnt neccessarily have to be him, but imo we do need to bring someone in who can get on the end of crosses.
if we dont i can see us drawing a hell of a lot of home games next season, the better we become under brendan the more teams will be happy to take a point from us.
btw this isnt having a go at rodgers tactics, our inability to beat teams that park the bus has haunted us for years, it has probably cost us the title at least twice over the past 2 decades (2008/9 under rafa and 96/97 under roy evans when we came `fourth in a two horse race`)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedHands » Thu May 23, 2013 2:34 pm

If we brought two more players into the starting 11 that were dangerous from set pieces (like Vertonghen at Spurs) it would help us beat the likes of West Ham, Stoke,  and West Brom that just sit back. The key to beating these sides is being able to score on free kicks and corners. Once you go up 1-0, then they have to attack and we win big.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games