BOLTON WANDERERS VS LIVERPOOL - 31 october 2010, ko: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:37 am

you going the game nan?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:35 pm

rocky29 wrote:i aint laughing about flaming woof woof locking my aqua thread down. Must be jealousy cos i get more attention than him.

:laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:01 pm

BOLTON v LIVERPOOL       BIG MATCH STATS AND FACTS    29 October 2010

Liverpool have won the last seven Premier League meetings with Bolton.

• Ryan Babel has scored in two of his three Premier League appearances against Bolton.

• Steven Gerrard has scored seven goals against Bolton (only against Villa has he been more prolific) including in each of his last two visits to the Reebok Stadium.

• Liverpool have not scored a league goal that wasn't either scored or assisted by Gerrard or Torres since the opening day of the season.

• Eight of the Reds' nine Premier League goals this season have come in the second half.

• All five of Johan Elmander's goals in the Premier League this season have come away from home.

• Liverpool have won just one of their last 13 Premier League away matches.

• Liverpool have beaten Bolton in their last seven league meetings.

• The Trotters have managed only three wins in 22 Premier League encounters with Liverpool. The Reds have won 15 and there have been four draws.

• This is the 130th meeting between the sides. Liverpool have won 54 matches, Bolton 43 and 32 draws.

• All five of Johan Elmander's goals in the Premier League this season have come away from home - he has scored only one league goal at the Reebok Stadium - which came on his debut on the opening day of the 2008 campaign.

• Bolton have conceded 199 goals in north west derbies in the Premier League.

• Steven Gerrard enjoys facing Bolton and he has been on the scoresheet in his last two visits to the Reebok Stadium. He has scored seven goals against the Trotters, which is more than he has against any other side bar Aston Villa.

• The Reds have not managed to score a league goal that wasn't either scored or assisted by Gerrard or Fernando Torres since the opening day of the season.

• Liverpool are playing their 163rd match on a Sunday - a Premier League high.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:57 pm

stmichael wrote:you going the game nan?

Yep,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:18 pm

Its been 442 days since Hodgson's last away victory in prem - will he break the run on Sunday ?
Benny The Noon

Postby europian-kings » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:23 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Its been 442 days since Hodgson's last away victory in prem - will he break the run on Sunday ?

Wow, didn't know it was that bad lol.

Im confident for some reason, with big greek getting another goal to his name.

:buttrock
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:37 am

I'm going to Wembley on Sunday for the NFL for the 3rd year running. Last year we beat the mancs on NFL Sunday, I watched it VERY happy from a bar near the ground! The year before we beat Chelsea form the same bar! We can't lose!!!!!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:26 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Its been 442 days since Hodgson's last away victory in prem - will he break the run on Sunday ?

OOH whose been a busy boy on google   :laugh:
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:29 am

NANNY RED wrote:The Greek has to play imo. This game would suit him down to the ground, Bolton just launch the ball and we need someone of his ariel ability to cope with this, and yet i know im jumping the gun but he wouldnt be in there against Chelsea , different ballgame different way of playing and i think he will get found out , The blackburn and Bolton games and the likes are made for him, So id have the greek in with either Carra or Skrtel. and Kelly right back. No two holding midfielders either, Meirles and Lucas in for me,

I disagree Nan.  Sure Kyrgiakos is more effective in games where teams launch the ball high, but I think he has to play regardless of the opponent at the minute.  He looks like the steadiest defender we have right now.  Couldn't imagine saying that a year ago, but it's true!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:45 am

I agree John I'd play the Greek as our first choice centre half right at this moment. He will cost us the odd goal here and there with his lack of pace, and he'll concede posession here and there with his lack of guile, but he'll save lots and score a few which will more than make up for it. I also think he has something of the talisman about him, one that the other lads can rally around a bit when the sh!t hits the fan. He's like a throwback old fashioned centre half and I like him.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:13 am

bigmick wrote:I agree John I'd play the Greek as our first choice centre half right at this moment. He will cost us the odd goal here and there with his lack of pace, and he'll concede posession here and there with his lack of guile, but he'll save lots and score a few which will more than make up for it. I also think he has something of the talisman about him, one that the other lads can rally around a bit when the sh!t hits the fan. He's like a throwback old fashioned centre half and I like him.

Yep, fair assessment mate.  Definitely agree he has become a bit of a talisman.  I loved him from the moment he snapped Fellaini in the derby last year.  I was stood not far from it and it sounded bloody sore!!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:18 am

john craig wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:The Greek has to play imo. This game would suit him down to the ground, Bolton just launch the ball and we need someone of his ariel ability to cope with this, and yet i know im jumping the gun but he wouldnt be in there against Chelsea , different ballgame different way of playing and i think he will get found out , The blackburn and Bolton games and the likes are made for him, So id have the greek in with either Carra or Skrtel. and Kelly right back. No two holding midfielders either, Meirles and Lucas in for me,

I disagree Nan.  Sure Kyrgiakos is more effective in games where teams launch the ball high, but I think he has to play regardless of the opponent at the minute.  He looks like the steadiest defender we have right now.  Couldn't imagine saying that a year ago, but it's true!

If it was a choice John between him and Agger if fit against Chelsea would you still have Soto in, i know im looking ahead here, and before anyone jumps on my case , i love the greek and its just a question ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Another win, nowt else.. 0-2 at least !

Come on redmen
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm

You just know Bolton are gonna pump it up in the air into the box....so I'm not looking forward to seeing this one....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby liverpoolusfan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Seeing both Man.City and Arsenal struggle against lesser foes this weekend speaks volumes on how good the teams in Prem are, even the lower end ones. Wouldn't surprise me if this team losses this game. Wouldn't surprise me if they won it either.
liverpoolusfan

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games