BENFICA VS LIVERPOOL - Thursday 1st april 20.05 k.o

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bigmick » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:17 am

metalhead wrote:Agreed, but the ref was still a c*nt

Sometimes, when some people display behaviour which could be said to be "c...ish", we can say their actions are untypical. In this instance, we can say they are ACTING like a c...

That is to say, under normal circumstances they aren't a c..., but on this occasion they are.

On other occasions, certain people don't ACT like a c..., they merely display tendencies which are consistent with their normal behavioural patterns.

The referee tonight IMHO was in the latter of the two categories. That is to say, he didn't act like a c..., he actually IS a c...
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 am

bye bye europa cup?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:15 am

heard benfica have made a swap deal offer  for angel di maria plus 25 million for lucas leiva. but rafa said no way?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:45 am

LFC2007 wrote:
s@int wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:"If you raise your arms to an opposing player you deserve to be red carded" is a crock of sh!te.

So don't raise your arms.......just kick em in the b0llocks and get a yellow  :D

:laugh:  :laugh:

Shows how ludicrous it is really. Kick em anywhere but don't stroke their face or you're asking for it!  :D

spot on, not even a freekick for a boot to the head  :D
account deleted by request

Postby shawnk » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:33 am

Come to think of it, losing 2-1 against 12 men is actually a damn good result.
To some, dont misunderstand, the 12th man I'm talking about here is the referee, not Lucas.
shawnk

Postby Zidane » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:06 am

Too tired to write my full thoughts but we had our chances and it could have been a lot better but at the same time they could have opened us wide open.  They're definitely a good side and it'll be a dangerous tie at home but I think we'll go through.. I hope.  If Babel was sent off for that Luisao or whatever should have been sent off as well.  Terrible officiating throughout the match.  Insua and Carra handed them those goals though, bad defending in both instances.

Anfield better be crackin next week we need to show them a proper atmosphere and remain loud throughout.  Anything else and I'd be dissapointed honestly.
Zidane

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:48 am

Think we played well under the circumstances but them officials lost the plot, the first pen was exactly the same as Puyoll against Arsenal he got a red and it was dodgey to say the least as was that on Aimar. So why didnt our player get a red? Because they wernt sure it was a pen and the linesman sh!t incase he got a firework thrown on his head!!!

ABBA loving Volvo driving cheating feckin b@stards, felt really sorry for babel he was sticking up for his team mate whilst that cheating horrible fecker Luisao stayed on.

WE WILL BERST YOU SHOWER OF CHEATS IN ANFIELD NEXT WEEK, FUCK YOU AND YOUR SHITTY HAWK !!!!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:10 am

We can win in the second leg, ref was terrible and it was never a sending off, it totally changed the game.
leep33

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:28 am

LFC2007 wrote:
andy_g wrote:what a bunch of diving, cheating, fouling, dirty, rotten, play acting, fekcing cnuts. they deserve everything thats coming to them at anfield.

:angry: :angry:

Have to throw my weight behind those comments

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

What he said
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:05 am

I think we'll need to score three in the return leg, just can't see Benfica not scoring. Under the circumstances I think 1-2 was a good result for us, without Babel for 60 minutes and with them creating so many chances. One thing to note is the foul count was 19-12 in their favour yet only two of their players got booked. Thought the high foot on Babel deserved a yellow, borderline whether Luisao deserved red or not but noone can argue Babel wasn't an idiot and rightly saw red. While some do get away with yellow, a) this is EUROPE not the Premiership and b) just because some get away with it doesn't mean it isn't a red card offence. Myself I would have started with Benayoun as I might well have said on here before the game, Babel did as much in the 30 minutes as he would in 90 and I'd just fancy Benayoun more for scoring in Europe.

Without trawling back through the pages I take it the ref, C5 commentary and Babel incidents are taking the blame rather than the usual suspects.............................. :rolleyes: It was inevitable Lucas would play, no Aquliani, Maxi both ineligible and illegible and we were away from home against a good side and our manager is defensive minded and old school thinking (keep it tight away, win at home) BUT we've conceded 48 goals in 47 games so the chances of us winning 1-0, 2-0 etc aren't good against Benfica.

09/10 RESULTS BY GOALS CONCEDED

0 goals : P18 W15 D3 L0 F28 A0 (Won 82.33%)
1 goal : P12 W5 D3 L4 F20 A12 (Won 41.67%)
2 goals : P15 W2 D2 L11 F18 A30 (Won 13.33%)
3 goals : P2 W0 D0 L2 F2 A6 (Won 0.00%)

That despite playing two DMs a lot, we'd be better off playing more attacking players and more possession and pressure might take the pressure off our defence by giving them something to worry about. Did we keep a clean sheet against Sunderland because we soaked up as much pressure as Benfica put on us or because we did all the pressing and they simply couldn't get into our half often enough? There is the cliche you can't score from your own half, well most of the time you don't.

One interesting stat I perchance noticed, the break down Rafa's record in charge by (current) Premiership, rest of England and then Europe/ROW/

vs current Premiership sides* : P203 W100 D54 L49 F312 A192 (Won 49.26%)
vs rest of England* : P66 W46 D9 L11 F137 A53 (Won 69.70%)
vs Europe/ROW : P72 W43 D12 L17 F120 A51 (Won 59.72%)

*current Premiership includes sides played while in the Championship, so rest of England includes sides like Newcastle played while in the Premiership

vs current Premiership sides* : P203 W100 D54 L49 F312 A192 (Won 49.26%)
Rafa overall Premiership results : P222 W124 D52 L45 F363 A180 (Won 55.86%)

Read between the lines and a lot of Rafa's wins that make his win percentage look so good and is compared with true Anfield greats, has to be down to sides that have been relegated - 6/6 wins vs WBA, 4/4 vs Watford, 8/10 vs Newcastle, 5/8 vs Reading. Good record in Europe, but then if you don't win 50% of your games then you won't get very far - as proven in the CL this season.

And one final stat :

Rafa season losses

19 : 2004/05 (19/60 = 31.67%)
17 : 2009/10 (17/47 = 36.17%)
16 : 2006/07 (16/58 = 27.59%)
11 : 2005/06 (11/62 = 17.74%)
9 : 2007/08 (9/59 = 15.25%)
5 : 2008/09 (5/55 = 9.09%)

Ironically if we reach the Euro Disney final then that will be European finals in each of Rafa's three seasons with the most defeats. Despite only losing five games and nine games in 08/09 and 07/08 respectively, neither season produced a final or a trophy. You might argue more games = more defeats, but only in two-legged ties/ group stages can you lose and progress and we did reach the QF and SF in those two seasons with least losses. And both those seasons produced a low percentage of losses without significantly less games than average (will be around 58-58.5 by the end of this season)
Last edited by Owzat on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:05 am

Last nights game was an absoluet f*cking disgrace. Its getting harder and harder to watch football when you get stupid decisions like that. Whats the f*cking point if its gonna be that biased?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:21 am

Saw the match..........and have to say the refs and the linesman were horrondous. Its like each of them were bribed tons and tons of egg tars.... with their biasness to the home side.

1)The fu@king thug should be sent off along with babel....he was the one being aggressive. If anyone keeps charging at you....it is only natrual you will retaliate. Both of them should be sent off.

2)The 1st penalty is so "weak"

3)Was kuyt offside for the disallowed torres goal ? Even with television replays....its hard to make a decision. So how did the f@ckin ref disallow that goal ?

Anyway....uefa cup is a 2nd rate competition with 2nd rate match officials. If they a 2nd rate team team like benfica to progress....hey good luck with the TV revenue.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:33 am

:D ......hopefully they get kicked out of the competition. What a load of cr@ppy supporters they have.......Crying like little b1tches when they score a goal via penalty. Kick Benfica out. And lets make sure the ref and his linesman quit football for good. (Like what mourinho did when chelsea got knocked out by barcelona)

http://www.uefa.com/europaleague/mat...678/index.html

UEFA have tonight launched an investigation into missile attacks at the officials in the Europa League quarter final clash between Benfica FC and Liverpool FC. The home side have been in a "probationary period" since their home clash with Villareal in September 2008 when the match day referee was struck with a coin thrown from the home crowd. Under the terms of their probation Benfica FC had agreed to maintain complete safety at all home games in UEFA competitions. If UEFA find that Benfica FC have breached their 2008 agreement they will be immediately eliminated from this years competition and face possible bans from all UEFA competitions for the 2010/2011 season.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:56 am

Benfica raised the roof there last night and made it hostile for the visiting team and officials.Lets face it we will be doing the same second leg. Babel didnt have to get involved and though I felt the red was harsh you have to be professional enough not to give the officials oppertunity, especially in couldron like that. Both pens where easily giveable and he gave them so I am personally not complaining too much about that. The Benfica lads and fans scrapped for everything and tried every trick in the book to get the result and they deserved it on the night, but I really do fancy us to turn it around second leg.It will be our turn to turn the heat on the officials and I think we will turn them over and advance to the semis.They wont fancy it at our place.Its a tough call when you go down to 10 me so early but I felt we could have been slightly more expansive going forward just to the take the heat off.The ball just kept coming back and the outcome was inevitable.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:05 am

parchpea wrote:Benfica raised the roof there last night and made it hostile for the visiting team and officials.Lets face it we will be doing the same second leg. Babel didnt have to get involved and though I felt the red was harsh you have to be professional enough not to give the officials oppertunity, especially in couldron like that. Both pens where easily giveable and he gave them so I am personally not complaining too much about that. The Benfica lads and fans scrapped for everything and tried every trick in the book to get the result and they deserved it on the night, but I really do fancy us to turn it around second leg.It will be our turn to turn the heat on the officials and I think we will turn them over and advance to the semis.They wont fancy it at our place.Its a tough call when you go down to 10 me so early but I felt we could have been slightly more expansive going forward just to the take the heat off.The ball just kept coming back and the outcome was inevitable.

Great post!

No use in whining on the Refs or Benfica Fans and players.

Babel idiotic move left us very much exposed to an attacking team but the final result gives us hope for the next match.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games