Wigan Vs Liverpool (Premier League) 29/09 - Pre Match Discussion Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:16 pm

This will be more difficult than the last meeting at JJB. They're far more organized this season from what I've seen.

Personally I don't give a fck who starts where. I just want us to win. This isn't Fernando Torres Football Club, so I could care less whether he plays or not. I just want 3 points, even with Frankstein up front if needed.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:19 pm

stmichael wrote:they're poor. i mean last season we were 4-0 up down there at half time with bellamy and gerrard running riot. since then we've replaced bellamy with torres and they've replaced de zeeuw with titus bramble.

you do the maths.  :D

With Titus Bramble in defence do we even need to turn up to get the three points?  :p

I certainly think that Torres will play on saturday after last nights performance. Rafa possibly made a mistake not playing him against brum (we'll never really know) and I think no matter how stubborn the boss can be he's not that foolish that he won't learn from this mistake (probably   :lookaround ).

I'd really like to see Babel given a run out on the RW or up front this weekend as they seem to be his more comforatble positions on the park. As for the rest of the team the only other variable that I can see is who plays along side Gerrard, will it be Masha or Momo?
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:55 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:I'd really like to see Babel given a run out on the RW or up front this weekend as they seem to be his more comforatble positions on the park.

long term he's definitely a striker for me. not a wide player.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:47 pm

stmichael wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:I'd really like to see Babel given a run out on the RW or up front this weekend as they seem to be his more comforatble positions on the park.

long term he's definitely a striker for me. not a wide player.

Wasn't he used up front by Holland in the U-21 tournament in the summer? It surprised me a bit when I first heard he was gonna be used on the left when he came to us as I was sure the Dutch had used him up front in the summer with that Drenthe (Edgar Davids) down the left. Maybe I'm wrong  :oops: .

The way he's played on the left hand side makes me think that he'd be more suited to a formation like barca use with the 3 front men as he seems to like to come inside a shoot more than get to the by-line and cross the ball in.

With a bit of look he might turn out like another former 'LW' turned striker - cough,HENRY,cough (but probably not).  :lookaround
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:16 pm

Two key players in the game are Gerrard and Torres. Torres is on a high and will be full of confidence getting a hat trick. As you see when Gerrard came on against Reading he linked up with Torres superbly.

the team id go for is

Reina

Finnan
Carragher
Hyypia
Arbeloa

Babel
Gerrard
Mascherano
Benayoun

Torres
Kuyt

ill go for a 3-0 win with Torres Gerrard and Hyypia getting the goals

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:35 pm

peewee wrote:well surely all the wigan manager has to do is tell the press they will play deep and rafa will leave torres on the bench as we all know he can't play in games like that.

wow 22 million for a striker with such limitations

(sarcasm)

Heh  :D

Fortunately enough Wigan seems to be a team that doesn't lay deep, I remember them in the first season, they came to Anfield with the back four quite up and that catched my attention. We won that game I think but I liked them.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:37 pm

----------------Reina----------------

--Finnan---Carragher----Hyypia----Riise----

--Pennant----Gerrard---Sissoko----Benayoun---

-------------Torres------Kuyt-----------

Line up imo that we'll see on Saturday.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby maguskwt » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:10 pm

forget about torres... sami to score a goal with his head from a corner again...:;):

this new team kinda misses his goals... the headers and the simple volleys during corners...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mystery Man » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:31 am

They should get 3 points here no probs - if not - then we are in trouble.

We will make up the ground when we play the team Arsenal won with that 6-0 . Arsenal usually have a run of bad luck after Xmas so we can catch up. Need no more slip ups though.
Mystery Man

Postby eds » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:54 am

A win and ONLY a win will do.

No ifs, no buts, no "but we are still undefeated" rubbish.

WE BETTER FARKIN WIN RAFA!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:05 am

I dont care what is the line up but there are some players must play (like a piller of the team). Torres, Carra and SG.

WIGAN 0 LIverpool 3
LiverpoolMadman

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:58 am

I hope Benayoun starts ahead of Pennant.
Last edited by tubby on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:12 am

need to get a win here. stevie and mash to boss the mid. riise on the left to give stevie some cover while he roams forwaed. torres and vorinin o play up front
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:58 pm

Mystery Man wrote:They should get 3 points here no probs - if not - then we are in trouble.

Did you say that before the home game against Birmingham..........................? It was a home banker, or it should have been
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:12 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:I dont care what is the line up but there are some players must play (like a piller of the team). Torres, Carra and SG.

WIGAN 0 LIverpool 3

I agree, for us to get some kind of consistency going we should be starting every league game with reina, agger(i know he's injured), carra, gerrard and torres and pick the rest of the team around them. Also, i cant see it doing players like babel any good that we never give them a full 90 mins.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion