Transfer policy still a shambles!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:51 pm

killerp » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:01 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:12 am wrote:30th Jun 2014
beginning to think that without the suarez money lallana was our marquee signing  :down:

People saying 100 million to spend...

Lambert 4mil
Can 10mil
Lallana 25mil

39 Million spent

There is still enough financial muscle for 1 solid world class quality player.

James Rodríguez anyone?

I thought it was 60 million plus sales which could wind up closer to 160 million
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:46 am

kazza » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:51 pm wrote:
killerp » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:01 pm wrote:

I thought it was 60 million plus sales which could wind up closer to 160 million

I didn't include sales in that figure and naively kept Suarez in our squad.

If Brendan can't bring in one unquestionably brilliant player with that amount.... All the noble senators will gather around our leader with their daggers at the ready :glare:
killerp

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Twitterphere reporting Origi is done and will be loaned back out.
Kopite-Jud

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:01 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28188589

Not sure how I feel about this.

Iv'e seen Origi only at the World Cup and looks decent,  i've never seen Markovic but looking at him on Youtube (that normally makes Djemba Djemba look like Messi) i'm not impressed.  When your "best clips" show over hit passes and shocking shooting, with a 25 million price tag im a bit worried.

Half the Suarez money spent on these two.

Hope im wrong but im hardly stilled with confidence.
Kopite-Jud

Postby andy_g » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:54 pm

i like lallana, i like the look of can, i like the look of markovic, and i think that origi is a good player who will be good for us in the season after this one. i think lovren is probably an improvement on skrtel. i'm expecting that llori (who is a very good player) will be back, enrique will slot back in, and ibe will see a few more games. so going into the 14/15 season the squad in general is looking stronger, as it needs to. the ongoing problem is that we still have a big suarez shaped hole up front and we really need to bring in a genuine, gauranteed and recognised class player to try and fill it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:56 pm

andy_g » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:54 pm wrote:i like lallana, i like the look of can, i like the look of markovic, and i think that origi is a good player who will be good for us in the season after this one. i think lovren is probably an improvement on skrtel. i'm expecting that llori (who is a very good player) will be back, enrique will slot back in, and ibe will see a few more games. so going into the 14/15 season the squad in general is looking stronger, as it needs to. the ongoing problem is that we still have a big suarez shaped hole up front and we really need to bring in a genuine, gauranteed and recognised class player to try and fill it.

Agree with this and on the subject of Emre Can, reading reports from training today he was awesome and topped it off with a belting overhead kick goal  :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Markovic is a genuine marquee talent and I'm just happy to see us in for a player of that calibre.
I just wish all our signings/targets were in that bracket.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:47 pm

From what I've seen from Origi in the World Cup he wasn't that great, but then again he was pretty isolated. He was playing instead of fully fit Lukaku though so maybe he's worth a try for the reported 6-10 million. He's similar to Sturridge so maybe he'll be suited to our system.

As for Markovic, I've seen him play a few times this season and I've also seen him at the stadium here when we played Serbia. Looked like a good prospect but 25 million is too much for him. He's got the potential but I'm not as excited as some are on here.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:34 am

Good article. The author highlights the reason why so many of us possibly consider the signing of new players as our managers poorest attribute.

For example.
sic "If Origi is signed that will make it £38 million that has been spent on players that have been sent out on loan (Borini, Assaidi, Illori, Alberto, Origi), thats'  £38 million spent on players that failed to improve to the first team.

£38 million btw represents a third of the money spent on transfers under Rodgers"

No wonder some of us consider our forays into the transfer market as a bit of a shambles or as someone said   " seems like BR just throws sh'it at the wall, hoping some of it will stick "

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:11 am

Arsenal might sign Khedira now and have already signed Debuchy and Sanchez.

3 players that will improve their starting eleven instantly.

What are we still doing? why are we buying young prospects? what's the point?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:37 pm

metalhead » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:11 am wrote:Arsenal might sign Khedira now and have already signed Debuchy and Sanchez.

3 players that will improve their starting eleven instantly.

What are we still doing? why are we buying young prospects? what's the point?

dont think rodgers wants to sign proven players MH, i think he'd rather buy along the lines of what we have so therefore his management style picks up all the plaudits. its surely not about money because we have overspent numerous times on players to sit on the bench.
the quality of players coming into this club have been lowered considerably and most of our business in the last 3 years has been dire. borini is a classic example, he's embarking on his 3rd year in the red and still not good enough, allen included. 2 years ago they where the future  :eyebrow. alberto is gone on loan and are we supposed to believe he's going to come back a world beater if he gets enough games. llori is another who could be following him out on loan again and you'd have to wonder how a lad is going to be the future if they never kick a ball for us. now it looks like this lad origi is going to be bought and loaned straight back out again  :suspect:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:09 am

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... al-benfica

Markovic inbound for a medical, there goes another 20 million on a punt.

I am legitimately worried about our immediate future on the pitch. Gerrard needs replacing too not just Suarez.

We are not even being linked to any decent players in the papers...
killerp

Postby Santa » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:16 am

DEFENCE, DEFENCE, DEFENCE...and don't tell me to stay calm because this is just early July, judging by all the players that we are getting in (Lovren aside but I can see another Moreno situation happening all over again where we walk away from our main target for small valuation difference but willing to sell our biggest asset at a big discount?) already. I would hoped that we are linked with another one or two more defensive players seeing that was our biggest weakness last season.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:34 am

Santa » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:16 am wrote:DEFENCE, DEFENCE, DEFENCE...and don't tell me to stay calm because this is just early July, judging by all the players that we are getting in (Lovren aside but I can see another Moreno situation happening all over again where we walk away from our main target for small valuation difference but willing to sell our biggest asset at a big discount?) already. I would hoped that we are linked with another one or two more defensive players seeing that was our biggest weakness last season.

Micah Richards & Alderweireld have been mentioned and I sure as hell would not pay 20+ million for Lovren, Mats Hummels maybe!

Having so much money to spend and not addressing our defence would be a crime.
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion