Transfer policy still a shambles!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:30 pm

Unfortunately its based over twenty years of transfer dealings and over Rodgers three adda half shocking windows. You maybe happy signing players like aspas, you may fall for it every time we sign this player that will be good in the future but never is.

I've seen it to many times, frankly, am bored of it.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:38 am

Unless its an easy, cheap deal, like Lambert, we will drag it out until faces wither during negotiations to knock
a dollar off, that's FSG.

We wont be ripped off anymore that's for certain but the fear is if we wont go that extra few quid above our
own valuation it will stop us capitalising on our good work last year, which would be a real shame.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:18 am

Apart from coutinho and Sturridge Rodgers is yet to sign anyone that has made us a better side.

Three and a half windows in.

There are a couple like Allen and sahko who dont look bad, but we spent an absolute fortune on two players who aren't good enough to really command a first team place.

Lambert may well prove a good signing and good value. Beyond that I'm struggling.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:07 am

And before any Muppets start that doesn't mean I think he's a bad manager or what he done with sterling and Flanagan isn't quality....

It means exactly what it says above.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:01 pm

What i find laughable about what you say Stu is you often tell people they know nothing about football or Liverpool yet you have quite clearly seen Matteo Darmian only once and that was against England Saturday night hence why you put his name forward on sunday.

I might be wrong but apart from Chelsea and Citeh signing Sagna on a free what business has been done by any other teams ?

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Coutinho and Sturridge were basically no ones before we signed them.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:41 am

Chill guys, no worries it's early days yet. We've been linked to a lot of players...now wait for Spurs (or ManU, and maybe even Arsenal) to come in and snatch them off us then we can always fall back on our traditional backup "panic" mode and sign some duds at "club's valuation" money

And besides, we only need one or two new players to our starting XI...c'mon after all we finished second the last campaign right? We must be good enough...so they think. Now I know why success eluded these fans  :help
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:47 am

damjan193 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:59 pm wrote:Coutinho and Sturridge were basically no ones before we signed them.

I'll call and raise you with Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Ilori, Assaidi and Yesil  :cool:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:32 am

Stu is right
We are sh'it and doomed to relegation
:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:52 pm

Who said that you fu*kin bellend?

Missing the point as always. This team will not finish top four next season without improvement. The names we are being linked with won't improve us.

Just keep living in your bubble. Conceding fifty goals in a season is acceptable to you lot? Since when did our "supporters" become a gang of losers?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:05 am

You're so f*cking right Santa! Everyone knows that it was a stroke of luck that we finished second last season, it had nothing to do with us being the best attacking side in the league and all that. We definitely need major changes to the team that almost won the league. But no, we won't do that, we'll f*ck it up as usual and end up fighting for the title again! Shambles!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:25 am

Damjan its quite clear you completely fail to understand the reality of the situation.

1. For a start, we were not the best attacking side in the league. That was Manchester city.

2. We conceded fifty... I will repeat that... 50 league goals. Thats more than crystal palace and quite frankly god awful. At times it felt like we were conceding two a game.

3. Teams will have learnt a lot from watching the Chelsea game at home and more sides will employ those tactics. It will be more difficult for us to break sides down next season as sides will set up purely to defend.

4. We had no distractions. We had a whole week most games to prepare. This makes a huge difference. Five days in training making
Sure you are well drilled instead of two is a massive difference. Five days is also more time to asses an opposition and get it right. This added at least seven or eight points to our tally

5. What happened last season has little relevance on what will happen. Ipswich town once finished fifth then the season after hot relegated. If you stand still in this league you will lose out very very quickly and could find yourself mid table.

6. Steven Gerrard is another year older and a little bit slower and a little bit less fit. He is only going to get worse from here on in. He is stillta quality player to expect "the same again" is unrealistic.

7. We dont have a sterling or Flanagan waiting in the wings to improve us this season. Hence the reason the signings have to do it.

8. Our shape at times last season was not consistent due to playing two strikers, this is something that we need to address. We need to be able to change shape and still be a threat without having to move our best players out of position. Options with quality is massively important.

9. To expect the same again from Luis is unrealistic. I'm not saying he won't, but to expect a goal a game again near enough is stupid.

10.injuries, form and suspensions. Barring Enrique we were extremely fortunate last season as the majority of the side played most league games. We will hopefully play more games this season and it will take its toll.

11. We played well above ourselves last season.

There is eleven good reasons why we need to strengthen a lot more than you're making out and realise. Had I been on a computer and not a mobile phone I would have given you another twenty....

You keep living in your bubble where all is rosy... By the looks of it our manager agrees with you which is where my frustration comes from. The point is, I'm a football fan, I've seen it before... I've seen sides reluctant to change and fall away, ive seen sides not learn from lessons and I've watched how the best managers keep things fresh.

I've also seen what happens when you win a league... Then fail to improve a side the season after.

Your insistance we will do well next year because we did this year is ***** poor logic. United done alright for twenty years, last year they stood still and look were they ended up. On paper they are easily as good as ourselves. Think some people need to look at the bigger picture.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:17 am

Stu the Red » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:25 am wrote:Damjan its quite clear you completely fail to understand the reality of the situation.

1. For a start, we were not the best attacking side in the league. That was Manchester city.

2. We conceded fifty... I will repeat that... 50 league goals. Thats more than crystal palace and quite frankly god awful. At times it felt like we were conceding two a game.

3. Teams will have learnt a lot from watching the Chelsea game at home and more sides will employ those tactics. It will be more difficult for us to break sides down next season as sides will set up purely to defend.

4. We had no distractions. We had a whole week most games to prepare. This makes a huge difference. Five days in training making
Sure you are well drilled instead of two is a massive difference. Five days is also more time to asses an opposition and get it right. This added at least seven or eight points to our tally

5. What happened last season has little relevance on what will happen. Ipswich town once finished fifth then the season after hot relegated. If you stand still in this league you will lose out very very quickly and could find yourself mid table.

6. Steven Gerrard is another year older and a little bit slower and a little bit less fit. He is only going to get worse from here on in. He is stillta quality player to expect "the same again" is unrealistic.

7. We dont have a sterling or Flanagan waiting in the wings to improve us this season. Hence the reason the signings have to do it.

8. Our shape at times last season was not consistent due to playing two strikers, this is something that we need to address. We need to be able to change shape and still be a threat without having to move our best players out of position. Options with quality is massively important.

9. To expect the same again from Luis is unrealistic. I'm not saying he won't, but to expect a goal a game again near enough is stupid.

10.injuries, form and suspensions. Barring Enrique we were extremely fortunate last season as the majority of the side played most league games. We will hopefully play more games this season and it will take its toll.

11. We played well above ourselves last season.

There is eleven good reasons why we need to strengthen a lot more than you're making out and realise. Had I been on a computer and not a mobile phone I would have given you another twenty....

You keep living in your bubble where all is rosy... By the looks of it our manager agrees with you which is where my frustration comes from. The point is, I'm a football fan, I've seen it before... I've seen sides reluctant to change and fall away, ive seen sides not learn from lessons and I've watched how the best managers keep things fresh.

I've also seen what happens when you win a league... Then fail to improve a side the season after.

Your insistance we will do well next year because we did this year is ***** poor logic. United done alright for twenty years, last year they stood still and look were they ended up. On paper they are easily as good as ourselves. Think some people need to look at the bigger picture.

That is an excellent post and i agree with this almost 100%.

Mate, you need to post like this more often... just facts and rational opinion. It's when you get ***** or ***** off and  start with the insults and we have to wade through all the garbage to get to your point that things start getting lost and frustration on all fronts and parties crop up.

Superb post
ConnO'var

Postby devaney » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:45 am

Cracking post Stu. Totally agree with Conn's sentiments. It is just a real shame that it is in such a depressing thread !! Yes mistakes have been made in the past and far too many with regards to transfers but I really do think that this will get sorted out in the same way as a lot of other things. It is not all doom and gloom as far as transfers are concerned. Torres cost £22m and was sold for £50m. Sterling (your Championship player - sorry Stu but even you get it very very wrong sometimes !!) cost £1m and is probably worth more than £25m. Sturridge and Coutinho cost less than £22m and are both now worth in excess of £50m. Ok it isn't all a bed of roses but it hardly a shambles either.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:44 am

Dev, its a shambles mate, there is no other way to describe it. Since Rodgers has come in the only successes are coutinho and Danny. Both are good players who improved the team.

Allen has done ok, as has sahko at times but we massively over payed for them.... £32,000,000 thats easily a twelve mil over spend.

With regards to sterling he wasn't a Rodgers signing. And yeah, I got it wrong. But the reality is his performances at times were a disgrace until November. The turn around in his attitude has brought forward his tremendous quality.

Rodgers has done some superb things in his time here, he's shown balls using young lads.however he isn't faultless and his dealings in the market have at times been embarrassing. The likes ofBorini and aspas were shocking signings and a waste of seventeen million.

I dont expect perfection... I dont expect usto sign world beater after world beater... But I do expect to see signings that will improve us every window.... So far we've had one successful window. Last summer was woeful. Lessons need to be learnt.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion