Transfer policy still a shambles!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:13 am

What boarders on ludicrous for me is that skrtel, mignolet and Johnson are first team players at Liverpool.

Lovren would be good, should have got him last summer... Mignolet cost ten million and isn't worth five and Johnson is got his world beating assist (which had a dodgy touch in it)  as usual to convince people he's better than he is and reality is... He's woeful.

I've never seen a professional footballer give a ball away so much at any level.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:08 pm

No deal has been made for Barry infact Everton said his wage demands were too high

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:33 pm

This Transfer window could be absolutely critical especially if the worst happens and one of the Spanish giants prizes Luis away. The word is after the World Cup they are going to come in for him big style and you can bet your bottom dollar that if Barcelona are clearing the decks by getting rid of quality players like Sanchez and Fabregas then they are lining up someone pretty special as a replacement.
Gerrard looks just about done as a top class footballer to me as well.
We might need to replace two of the best footballers to ever grace the English game so we really, really need to aim high.
That means going for the likes of Sanchez and Markovic not Lovren and Lallana IMO.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:23 am

Yakka you are badly underrating lovren mate, he's an excellent centre half. Not completely top draw, but he's quality. I do agree with your sentiments though. If we do lose Luis we will struggle big time to qualify for the champions league.

Gerrard I dont think will be as big a loss as he would a few years ago. I do agree he's starting to look slower with every game now and finally he looks finished. I think when we do replace him... If its with a quality player we may actually improve slightly.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:36 am

Whilst last season was one hell of a ride for any LFC fan you don't have to a footballing Einstein to realise where we need to add some quality player's.

When you score 101 Goals in 38 Games the problem isn't going forward.

When you concede 50 ( 1 less than West Ham who finished 13th ) its a problem.

I'm of the opinion that Mignolet may well come really good after a season behind some hapless defenders. Flanagan had a very good season for a lad of such youth and he will only get better.

Sakho may prove to be a solid defender but after that I think we are struggling big style.........
Skirtel, Agger and Johnson need replacing.

Lovren impressed me no end last season which leaves a decent right back ? Johnson has stank the place out at times this season !

Midfield and up top we need better squad player's than Aspas and Moses !

I've heard good things about Ibe as one to watch and he has played the season before last on the final game against QPR and he looked quick and skilful.

Hold onto Suarez, Continho and develop Ibe.

Lucas will command a decent fee if sold as will some of the aforementioned defenders and with the increased revenue from CL and PL it's not the amount of money we have available but how best to spend it !

Brendan bought well on Sturridge and Continho (12M and 8M respectively) so there is quality out there for less than silly money.

Walk on
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jesus » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:32 am

The manager has. Not really brought in any big names really yet, mostly fringe players. Moses, sturridge, etc.

How about some big names please
Jesus
LFC Basic Member

Postby andy_g » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:28 am

Jesus » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:32 am wrote:The manager has. Not really brought in any big names really yet, mostly fringe players. Moses, sturridge, etc.

How about some big names please

jesus christ.....

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:41 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:33 pm wrote:This Transfer window could be absolutely critical especially if the worst happens and one of the Spanish giants prizes Luis away. The word is after the World Cup they are going to come in for him big style and you can bet your bottom dollar that if Barcelona are clearing the decks by getting rid of quality players like Sanchez and Fabregas then they are lining up someone pretty special as a replacement.
Gerrard looks just about done as a top class footballer to me as well.
We might need to replace two of the best footballers to ever grace the English game so we really, really need to aim high.
That means going for the likes of Sanchez and Markovic not Lovren and Lallana IMO.

The WORD is ????????????
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Dalglish » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:36 am wrote:Whilst last season was one hell of a ride for any LFC fan you don't have to a footballing Einstein to realise where we need to add some quality player's.

When you score 101 Goals in 38 Games the problem isn't going forward.

When you concede 50 ( 1 less than West Ham who finished 13th ) its a problem.

I'm of the opinion that Mignolet may well come really good after a season behind some hapless defenders. Flanagan had a very good season for a lad of such youth and he will only get better.

Sakho may prove to be a solid defender but after that I think we are struggling big style.........
Skirtel, Agger and Johnson need replacing.

Lovren impressed me no end last season which leaves a decent right back ? Johnson has stank the place out at times this season !

Midfield and up top we need better squad player's than Aspas and Moses !

I've heard good things about Ibe as one to watch and he has played the season before last on the final game against QPR and he looked quick and skilful.

Hold onto Suarez, Continho and develop Ibe.

Lucas will command a decent fee if sold as will some of the aforementioned defenders and with the increased revenue from CL and PL it's not the amount of money we have available but how best to spend it !

Brendan bought well on Sturridge and Continho (12M and 8M respectively) so there is quality out there for less than silly money.

Walk on

:nod  :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jesus » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:06 pm

Im.not expecting miracles from mr rodgers, as I dont reckon he the contacts to do.big deals.
Llalana, Lambert so far.
If that is a signal of intent im a worried man.

We will be lucky to repeat last seasons efforts.
Jesus
LFC Basic Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:01 am

Jesus » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:06 pm wrote:Im.not expecting miracles from mr rodgers, as I dont reckon he the contacts to do.big deals.
Llalana, Lambert so far.

So you're saying that miracles are impossible then?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:33 am

damjan193 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:01 am wrote:
Jesus » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:06 pm wrote:Im.not expecting miracles from mr rodgers, as I dont reckon he the contacts to do.big deals.
Llalana, Lambert so far.

So you're saying that miracles are impossible then?

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jesus » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:53 pm

We are never in the bidding/ market for these players, your sanches's, costas, fabregas and the likes. We are however, in the market for the Ricky Lamberts, Llalana, Moses, Cissoko, Sakho, Joe Allen, etc etc. I dont see Chelsea, city or the mancs coming in for that lot.

We will never win the league with that lot, im telling u now. Never in a million years.

We rode our luck at times last season, and shipped a load of goals at the back.

Some fans seem to have an inferiority complex and a defeatest attitude, as if are our club isnt big enough for the Ya Ya Toures of this world, who id love to see in our midfield.

But hey, we've only won 5 European cups, whilst City have won how many........yes, NONE!!!

When Rafa came, he had the contacts from Spain and brought in an influx of Spanish players, Reina, Torres, Garcia, Alonso, Nunez, Pellegrino, etc etc + we got to two champ lge finals. + a host of other useful players,Sissoko, Babel, Zenden, etc some good, some not so good, but I dont see that with BR. It feels all a bit hit and hope.
Jesus
LFC Basic Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:12 am

30th Jun 2014
Rodgers' summer transfer update
Brendan Rodgers expects Liverpool's summer transfer business to ensure 'a really exciting time' for the Reds before the new season gets underway in August.

The Northern Irishman has so far swooped to complete a switch for England striker Rickie Lambert, while a deal has been agreed in principle to bring in midfielder Emre Can from Bayer Leverkusen.

"I think there has been a lot of work that has been done," the boss told Sky Sports News. "If you look at us as a club and recruitment, we haven't been resting over the course of the off-season - a lot of great work has gone on.

"We've targeted players, we've signed some and we'll have more signings to come over the course of the pre-season. The idea is by the end of August we'll have the squad together and it will be a really exciting time for us next season.

"Next season will be equally as tough, we knew it would be tough, we had an incredible performance level and we'll have players who want to prove themselves and the beauty is that we as a club will improve too.

"We've a lot of young players who will have gained experience last season and we will bring in more players with added quality so we will also improve as well and that's something I'm really looking forward to seeing."

Rodgers, who guided the club to second place in the Barclays Premier League and Champions League qualification last season, added: "We still have signings to make to ensure we have the squad strength to cope.

"Obviously returning to the Champions League is fantastic for the club and for the supporters, but we're into four competitions next season and we want to do really well, and that's going to take a few more signings to bring in."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest- ... fer-update

A really exciting time  :lookaround
beginning to think that without the suarez money lallana was our marquee signing  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:01 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:12 am wrote:30th Jun 2014
beginning to think that without the suarez money lallana was our marquee signing  :down:

People saying 100 million to spend...

Lambert 4mil
Can 10mil
Lallana 25mil

39 Million spent

There is still enough financial muscle for 1 solid world class quality player.

James Rodríguez anyone?
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion