Lfc v olympiakos - Shambles

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:50 am

... There will be good days and bad ones.. sat was good today not so... but yes it will get better... and while we all need to let-off some steam... nothing said here today is new... lets hope the investment comes-off to enable a good manager to strengthen and a potentially good team to excel... patience is a virtue.. though having a scream & shout is ok too..  :grinning:
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:02 am

agreed
106-1093504160

Postby azriahmad » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:43 am

This game shows that we still have a very long way to go in the top flight of European football...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:55 am

A.B. wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Tonight we where poor, but it did highlight the problem areas:

Dudek, awful, to the brink of being embarasing. Kirkland is ready, now is the time for the big fella. Dudek insists on diving backwards instead of towards the ball, and his distribution is appalling.

Finnan, not good enough. Nunez needs to get fit and ASAP. Finnan for all his efforts and work rate is avarage at best.

Zonal marking, I will not say it has to go, as Rafa made it work to great effect at Valencia, and knows what he is doing, the system needs time to sink in with the boys.

Collina, no longer the best referee in the World. He gave some herrendous decisions, and he frankly gave the Greeks everytime they looked for a decision. This is not sour grapes.

Squad, not good enough. Diao and Biscan on the bench do not inspire, and there was no one on the bench tonight who  you could look at to come on and truly change the game.

all in all, a poor performance, but some of the expletives you people are using are bang out of order. Did you think we would win the Premeir League and Champs League double in the first season?

Leon you're missing the ****** point, we're not expecting the Reds to win the Premier League or the Champions League we are expecting them to give a ****** fight to their opponents when they play, not slack off and have 2 damn shots on goal in the first half.

Kirkland needs to start against Chelsea. Josemi needs to go back to defending, why the hell is Finnan still here?

Use Warnock for some Premier League matches keep him away from the Champions League. Harry Kewell needs a wake up call.

Somebody needs to step up and be a leader. Alonso,Garcia,Carragher,etc... whoever has the leadership characteristics needs to step up. We can't depend on Gerrard to save us in every game.

You slag my post then agree with it, what is your problem soft lad?

Frustration

I suggested if you are frustrated a "tommy tank" is what you need  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:56 am

chelsea on sunday now becomes a massive game for us. quite simply we have to perform ten times better than we have in our last two away games otherwise we'll get hammered. however it is'nt the end of the world. i said from the start that win all our home games and we'll quallify. if last night was the first leg of a knockout tie it wouldn't have been that bad a result.

kirkland needs to come in for dudek on sunday and finnan needs to be dropped for cisse with garcia reverting to the right flank. and as for defending set pieces, something needs to be sorted out there to.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maximus » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:06 am

On a positive note, not all is lost, we are second in the group, with home ties to come, and our current form at home:

Deportivo @ Home: Deportivo absolutelty struggling like hell. Not the Deportivo of old Liverpool win 2-0

Olympiakos @ Home: I dont think the greeks are great travellers, they have one of the worst away records in Europe. Liverpool win 3-0

Monaco away: Liverpool Draw 1-1

Deportivo away: Liverpool win 2-1

My reckoning with that is we will qualify with 13 points

This will take us to the next phase of Champions League, in the meantime the input of new players in Jan window in preparation.

ALL TOGETHER NOW:

lets sing along:

(Music) Always look on the bright side of life.............The ficklebuggers are f****n rife tonight (whistle, whistle)
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:08 am

Chelsea is outwardly defensive, they defend and score one or two and close the game.

i worry about Drogba who is a real physical menace. His tennacity, coupled with the aerial threats from Terry and Co. and our poorly executed zonal defending system (because our players are clearly not up to it) would mean loads of goals for Chelski.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:13 am

Well Chelski hasnt been hitting in loads of goals so far season against fairly ordinary teams either. Though your point is taken and i be more then happy with a  point from this saturday
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:33 am

We are going to get 'tonked' on Saturday. Drogba gave Carragher a good rodding last season in the Uefa cup.
I fear the worst, I am afraid it could be a complete humiliation.
I might take one of Richard Branson's weekend 'Space Breaks' and come back when it is all over. :blues:  :blues:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Red_Si » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:53 am

shagasaurus80 wrote:Well ab now that YOU reminded me  :D  the lad was kind of special tonight.Be even better when he settles in  :laugh:
Did You see it on tv? :  ENTERTAINED? "
It really could and should have been more .But 6 will do. This D"where you entertained? WHERE YOUOWNWARD SPIRAL is great and long may it continue. :laugh:

It's 'Were you entertained?' not 'Where', you thick Manc drongo.
Red_Si

Postby 106-1093504160 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:57 am

will someone please stick a pick axe handle up that girl shagasaurus a.r.se or front b.um for us.
106-1093504160

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:05 am

Why just the handle Judge ?
:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 106-1093504160 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:06 am

:D MORN YOU OLE DOG
106-1093504160

Postby miniman » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:25 am

Why stop there ? Whats wrong with Red_si getting his very own axe handle :oops:
"Football is not a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that"
miniman

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:58 pm

:bump  This is what we where saying this time last year and went on to win it.
OMG reading through some of the old topics how many bloody injuries did we have last season and still won it  :Oo:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion