TOTTENHAM vs LIVERPOOL: 11/05/08 3pm - Build up and Match Discussion here.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun May 11, 2008 5:25 pm

s@int wrote:Owen is supposedly available for £3million, ffs he must be worth a gamble at that price. The mancs are already in touch with his agent!

Daily Mail
Newcastle would be prepared to sell Owen for as little as £3m if the former European Footballer of the Year's pride prevents him accepting the £40,000 pay cut which is reportedly a condition of extending a contract with one year to run.

Not sure bout Owen.... I spose yes he's worth a gamble at 3 mill but wud he accept he's second in the peckin order? If he comes then Crouchie wud be gone for sure, and its hard to see what he did wrong!! Voronin....well, no outlay and very little return so hardly a waste of money, he cud certainly go as a direct swop for owen!
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun May 11, 2008 5:39 pm

If only we could go out 8-1 like middlesbrough did, that would be nice  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby KimiK » Sun May 11, 2008 5:54 pm

Goals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4n8lKChn8g
The 2nd one is a fuc**ng beauty. Sheer classs
thx to milankakabaros
Last edited by KimiK on Sun May 11, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KimiK

Postby Owzat » Sun May 11, 2008 5:57 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:
s@int wrote:Owen is supposedly available for £3million, ffs he must be worth a gamble at that price. The mancs are already in touch with his agent!

Daily Mail
Newcastle would be prepared to sell Owen for as little as £3m if the former European Footballer of the Year's pride prevents him accepting the £40,000 pay cut which is reportedly a condition of extending a contract with one year to run.

Not sure bout Owen.... I spose yes he's worth a gamble at 3 mill but wud he accept he's second in the peckin order? If he comes then Crouchie wud be gone for sure, and its hard to see what he did wrong!! Voronin....well, no outlay and very little return so hardly a waste of money, he cud certainly go as a direct swop for owen!

Crouch or Owen - no brainer. The only advantage Crouch has over Owen is height and he doesn't even make most of that. And Owen wouldn't simply be a bench warmer, he could play up front with Torres or in a three pronged attack with Kuyt on the opposite side of Torres.

Owen (Newcastle) - 47 appearances, 20 goals (0.423 goals/app)

I would comment on the game but I haven't seen it so I can't. I can only note who played and didn't, and of course well done to Torres for a super season and sending the horse's record to the knackers' yard. Just a shame the mancs had the ref in their pocket today, Scholes should have been sent off, Rooney was abusing the ref who did nothing and basically the mancs (as always) got away with murder. I bet Bruce didn't worry one bit at the result.

New song for games against the mancs "Everywhere you go, always taking the ref with you"
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun May 11, 2008 5:57 pm

KimiK wrote:Goals
thx to milankakabaros

Wow, Benayoun seems to be pretty successful with through balls to Torres.
SupitsJonF

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 11, 2008 5:58 pm

Liverpools goals , just scroll down a bit

I think we may have to sell Torres now. He is starting to repeat earlier goals...... I thought it was very similar to the one he scored against Chelsea to open his scoring for us.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun May 11, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Sun May 11, 2008 6:00 pm

How cool was Torres finish!! :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun May 11, 2008 6:05 pm

s@int wrote:Liverpools goals , just scroll down a bit

I think we may have to sell Torres now. He is starting to repeat earlier goals...... I thought it was very similar to the one he scored against Chelsea to open his scoring for us.

Ronaldo may be Ronaldo POTY 2008, but Torres is now Torres BTR

Did you know that Tottenham are one of only five current Premiership sides Rafa hasn't lost to? The others are villa, Sunderland, Wigan and Derby. Rafa has also never picked up so much as a point against the Champions (both seasons when Chelsea won it and both seasons the mancs have won it) And bizarrely Rafa has never won an away game against the side that has finished 18th. Top three or four you can understand but relegated 18th?
Last edited by Owzat on Sun May 11, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 11, 2008 6:07 pm

Torres BTR = Torres better than Rudd ? :D
account deleted by request

Postby Owzat » Sun May 11, 2008 6:10 pm

s@int wrote:Torres BTR = Torres better than Rudd ? :D

Clue is in the original post................. although that is also true.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun May 11, 2008 6:11 pm

:D

Roll on the transfer season
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 11, 2008 6:21 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:
KimiK wrote:Goals
thx to milankakabaros

Wow, Benayoun seems to be pretty successful with through balls to Torres.

it wasn't a trough ball mate... it was a ball into the space... torres still had so much to do and he did it very elegantly... what a cool finish... simple and beautiful... and very very cheeky all at the same time... it was as if he said to the goalkeeper " you close me down?" and to the defender " you narrowed my angle?... no problem here you go... tadaa "...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun May 11, 2008 7:00 pm

how did insua play?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 11, 2008 7:04 pm

IM GONNA BOUNCE INA MINUTE

Great :censored: great im made up me legs are killin me again. Deffo gonna be changing my sport to bowls i think.

First ive got to say how great the Liverpool fans where today even a rendition of show them the way to go home  :laugh: It just felt like being at Anfield. Outstanding support from us today. The Torres song is gonna finish me off though great way to lose wieght though

We batterd them in the first half but second half for about 20 minutes they changed there system and came back into it a bit. Good game from the kid Insua and could make that position his own next season. Skrtel was immence again and it was quite funny to see Carra wearing short sleeves, Masherano was Masherano crackin.

Ok Vorinin scored but he did get a nice flick on from Torres.

Torres the man is a genius the way he took his goal so calm and when he chipped the keeper well it nearly brought the house down.

the lad is amazing and hes still learning in the prem he hasnt even settled in properly yet . So cheeky aswell when he scored he ran passed the fans with one little cheeky smile on his face.

The Little Tweedle dum was there today Now i sincerly hope his being there means hes sellin. Our priority now must be to get these two out of our club as quick as .

Get the Money men in and give Raffa a massive transfer budget for world class players not medioca players so we can challenge next season

Get the Tw.ats out of our club
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun May 11, 2008 7:05 pm

Gillett kinda looks like that guy from "Innerspace".

The evil dude in the white suit who was shrunk to 50% of his normal size.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion