THE OFFICIAL KENNY DALGLISH THREAD - Return of the King

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:06 pm

The King is back  - Kenny Dalglish accepted position as non-executive director with LFC

John Henry: "We're delighted Kenny has accepted our offer. He has a unique relationship with the club & embodies everything about the club."
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Redman in wales » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:06 pm wrote:The King is back  - Kenny Dalglish accepted position as non-executive director with LFC

John Henry: "We're delighted Kenny has accepted our offer. He has a unique relationship with the club & embodies everything about the club."

Very good, what's his salary? One out one in  :D
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:38 pm

parchpea » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:37 pm wrote:
Redman in wales » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:06 pm wrote:The King is back  - Kenny Dalglish accepted position as non-executive director with LFC

he wont be on the payroll as an employee but will be getting some sort of fee as a consultant. non exec or independent director are pretty much the same thing imo.  hopefully he has some sort of input into how the club progresses and not just a face to help sell corporate tickets.
all hail the king  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:12 am

Say what you like about our owners. They make the right noises.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:14 am

red till i die!! » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:38 pm wrote:
parchpea » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:37 pm wrote:

he wont be on the payroll as an employee but will be getting some sort of fee as a consultant. non exec or independent director are pretty much the same thing imo.  hopefully he has some sort of input into how the club progresses and not just a face to help sell corporate tickets.
all hail the king  :buttrock

Non-executive directors do get a salary. Normally a nominal amount (in comparison to executive directors) - something between £30-£60K per year.

Kenny may be getting more but it would be an exception to the rule if so. Interestingly note that non executive means part time, he won't be involved in running the club on a day to day basis.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:29 am

Great to see the King back in any capacity with this club   :buttrock
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:23 am

great move by FSG, dalglish belongs at anfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:04 am

What exactly does a non executive director do?
killerp

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:10 am

killerp » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:04 am wrote:What exactly does a non executive director do?

Sounding board for people. No decision making power but FSG and Rodgers can go to him for an opinion and to discuss ideas. Non execs are normally people with a vast amount of experience and knowledge but either don't want to or are not able to commit to being involved day in day out. Perfect move in my opinion and should have been done many years ago.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:31 am

Pig Catcher » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:10 am wrote:
killerp » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:04 am wrote:What exactly does a non executive director do?

Sounding board for people. No decision making power but FSG and Rodgers can go to him for an opinion and to discuss ideas. Non execs are normally people with a vast amount of experience and knowledge but either don't want to or are not able to commit to being involved day in day out. Perfect move in my opinion and should have been done many years ago.

That sounds perfect for Kenny
killerp

Postby killerp » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:31 am

Pig Catcher » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:10 am wrote:

That sounds perfect for Kenny
killerp

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:12 am

Come to think about it, I don't think that will be his role. Nod could if be.
A sounding board for the current manager for new ideas? When the current manager's thinking is decades more current than KK's? Isn't KK a bit more out of touch than Rodgers so what benefit would if bring?
There has to be another function than the above...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:19 am

bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:12 am wrote:Come to think about it, I don't think that will be his role. Nod could if be.
A sounding board for the current manager for new ideas? When the current manager's thinking is decades more current than KK's? Isn't KK a bit more out of touch than Rodgers so what benefit would if bring?
There has to be another function than the above...

he`ll perform the same role as the likes of charlton at united and beckenbauer at bayern i imagine, whenever there`s a function or some sort of uefa meeting or sponsors party he`ll turn up and represent the club.
whenever these suits that own multi national companies have a do they want to see famous faces there, they dont want to see the club sending suits pretty much like themselves (but just wearing a liverpool badge), they want to see great names from their generation. it impresses their mates at canary wharf.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion