Kenny dalglish confirmed as Liverpool manager - King and Clarke sign 3 year deals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Thu May 12, 2011 10:31 pm

kennethdalglish: Privileged and honoured to be manager of our club. Thank you for all your support.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Thu May 12, 2011 10:32 pm

Very good news, I can't wait for Sunday!
Zidane

Postby jimmy brighton » Fri May 13, 2011 1:08 am

The last title we won was in 1990 when King Kenny was last in control. Reeks of Deja vu myself. Never felt so happier about circumstances at the club since 1990. Funny that ain't it?
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 13, 2011 1:32 am

Fan-tar-tar.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Fri May 13, 2011 2:17 am

:)
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Fri May 13, 2011 3:04 am

It's fantastic to hear that Kenny is back permanently and the uncertainty of whether he'll be here next season and the next is over. When we were down in the bottom three and relegation was a possibility at one time, who would have thought we would be challenging for 5th spot come season end. Kenny came in January and made a remarkable U turn in results and initially despite getting the results our play showed lack of confidence and coordination and we gave too much possession to opponents. But for the last 2 months the play have improved tremendously epitomised in the 5-0 thrashing of Birmingham and goals coming from different players and Suarez is priceless.

However, I agree with J.Barnes who said the current squad with Kenny in charge is only good enough to progress further and a serious challenger for CL place but still not good enough to win PL unless we make some quality signings in the summer. This I'm sure is what Kenny must do like the way he revolutionised Liverpool to greatness in 87/88 season when he bought J.Barnes, Beardsley, Houghton and Aldridge when Rushie left.

I have this suspicion that FSG is not rich enough to help fund star signings, so far they've not contributed much to buying new players. The funds to buy Carroll and Suarez were from the sale of Babbel and scam money from El Sulko to Chelsea. So this is my only concern for next season. FSG are either thrifty or are not rich enough.
alwayslfc

Postby PabloMedina28 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:42 am

The King is Back for Good
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Fri May 13, 2011 3:49 am

:laugh:  much better with original hair

All hail the king!
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Fri May 13, 2011 5:11 am

^ that just looks weird... at least keep his hair!  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 13, 2011 5:18 am

I don't know about any other Red but I've dreaded the day Steven Gerrard hangs up his boots. For the last decade or so the Reds have heavily relied on their talisman to scrape them out of the s.hit. It's a shame Liverpool teams imo were never built around him but that's a different story.

However, with the second coming of Kenny as Liverpool FC manager, I now feel reassured more than ever that life with Liverpool will continue on without Steven Gerrard. I know it still a few seasons away but its been a subconscious worry for me personally over the last few years, especially when I've looked at the squad and players like Alonso, Mascherano and Torres have all gone.

With Kenny here now I feel comfortable knowing that this man can get the best out of dreadful, mediocre, talented and world class players. I trust the man to build a cohesive team again that can challenge for big honors, he has something about him that no other manager does. His man-management is second to none and with Steve Clarke by his side I'm not really dreading the Gerrard D-day anymore.

In the Shelvey thread people are comparing the young lad to Gerrard, I can see why; he has a similar game. I don't think however he'll ever be as good as our current captain now. But then again I don't think it will matter under Dalglish, we may not need or rely on a player like Gerrard when we have a manager in Kenny Dalglish. Shelvey could become a key midfielder in our team, but the other 10 men in that side will also be key, that's what sets Kenny apart from the likes of recent managers. Every player is confident under him (look at Spearing and Lucas) every player feel valued and every player can express their selves in Kenny's Liverpool sides. There is no need to be dependent on one or two key players anymore, as fans we can be dependent on all 11 key players out there at any one time and that for me is something that has been missing for many years at Liverpool.

It's debatable whether Shelvey will ever be as good, but with Kenny at the helm it won't matter if he is as good as Gerrard or not, we're now a team again!
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:32 am

Gerrard is a one off, there wont be for long time anyone who has the pace, vision, skill, passion, energy and power that gerrard had in his pomp.

Mind you beckham is still playing to a decent level, so if stevies groin holds out then i see no reason why he cant play on and be a force for us well into his mid 30's.

Long enough to bring in number 6 and 19 anyway.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri May 13, 2011 8:24 am

Kenny Kan wrote:I don't know about any other Red but I've dreaded the day Steven Gerrard hangs up his boots. For the last decade or so the Reds have heavily relied on their talisman to scrape them out of the s.hit. It's a shame Liverpool teams imo were never built around him but that's a different story.

However, with the second coming of Kenny as Liverpool FC manager, I now feel reassured more than ever that life with Liverpool will continue on without Steven Gerrard. I know it still a few seasons away but its been a subconscious worry for me personally over the last few years, especially when I've looked at the squad and players like Alonso, Mascherano and Torres have all gone.

With Kenny here now I feel comfortable knowing that this man can get the best out of dreadful, mediocre, talented and world class players. I trust the man to build a cohesive team again that can challenge for big honors, he has something about him that no other manager does. His man-management is second to none and with Steve Clarke by his side I'm not really dreading the Gerrard D-day anymore.

In the Shelvey thread people are comparing the young lad to Gerrard, I can see why; he has a similar game. I don't think however he'll ever be as good as our current captain now. But then again I don't think it will matter under Dalglish, we may not need or rely on a player like Gerrard when we have a manager in Kenny Dalglish. Shelvey could become a key midfielder in our team, but the other 10 men in that side will also be key, that's what sets Kenny apart from the likes of recent managers. Every player is confident under him (look at Spearing and Lucas) every player feel valued and every player can express their selves in Kenny's Liverpool sides. There is no need to be dependent on one or two key players anymore, as fans we can be dependent on all 11 key players out there at any one time and that for me is something that has been missing for many years at Liverpool.

It's debatable whether Shelvey will ever be as good, but with Kenny at the helm it won't matter if he is as good as Gerrard or not, we're now a team again!

:buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex88 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:15 am

KING KENNY!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!

I LOVE KENNY AND CLARKE. MY GODS.
Alex88

Postby babu » Fri May 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Brilliant.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri May 13, 2011 12:03 pm

babu wrote:Brilliant.

kin ell blast from the past, where you been mate ?  :)
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion