He just got his Doctorate degree from the University of Ulster

Congrats to King Dr Kenneth Dalglish  :buttrock

ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:18 pm

metalhead wrote:Image

Caption Contest

"Alright You've got ten seconds to take the photo before I take this silly hat off, throw the ball at your nose and then thump you with the diploma."
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:43 pm

metalhead wrote:He just got his Doctorate degree from the University of Ulster

Caption contest:

"Is there nutthin I cannae doo?"
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Is that our new kit?

Well done Kenny, the Knighthood canny be far behind!  :buttrock  :buttrock
Last edited by Ian Rush's Right foot on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Ian Rush's Right foot wrote:

Is that our new kit?

Well done Kenny, the Knighthood canny be far behind!  :buttrock  :buttrock

Its better than the blue one!
Thommo's perm

Postby Kukilon » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:31 pm

Sorry to say this about the King.

That has got to be the silliest outfit I have ever seen. =):D
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:39 pm

http://sacktheboard.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/sir-alex-ferguson.jpg
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:21 pm

Just got round to reading his book 'My Liverpool Home' with the update bit for his return as manager, few tears of sadness, others of joy

This man's passion for Liverpool FC is absolutely astounding  :bowdown

Fantastic read from start to finsih

Kenny, we love you  :hearts

humble as fook

edit - also Purslow and Broughton are c0cks for the way they treated him

honestly there's so much more I want to add to show just how much he is an ambassador for this football club but I don't think words can show it enough
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:22 am

Greavesie wrote:Just got round to reading his book 'My Liverpool Home' with the update bit for his return as manager, few tears of sadness, others of joy

humble as fook

honestly there's so much more I want to add to show just how much he is an ambassador for this football club but I don't think words can show it enough

How did puslow and broughton treat him?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:20 am

Greavesie wrote:Just got round to reading his book 'My Liverpool Home' with the update bit for his return as manager, few tears of sadness, others of joy

humble as fook

My Mum is reading it now, she said she can't put it down. It's a present she has brought me, she's bringing it over from Blighty to Oz in a couple of weeks.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:09 am

maguskwt wrote:

humble as fook

How did puslow and broughton treat him?

he said he put his name on the list for the managers job after Rafa went and they told him he had been out of the game for too long and they had another role in mind for him. He asked what it was and it was simply to help them find a new manager. He said he had a meeting and said 'I want the job' and they said 'we don't want you'. He goes on to say he was borderline pleading for the job.

Kenny said he was peeved to hear they didn't want him but wanted to help the club in any way he could so he agreed. At the conference Broughton was asked about Kenny and again he said 'we have a long-term role in mind for Kenny' and he still didn't have a clue what it was.

Even then he goes on to say there's no resentment and the long term view is Liverpool Football Club

Kenny Kan - it's all football orientated, centres around his time in Liverpool and his affection for the club. From his playing days, managing days, Heysel and Hillsborough. There's an updated version with a little more about how things are so far as well

A really insightful read for someone as young as myself who never got to see the genuis of the old guard that Kenny played with. I've learned a lot more about the likes of Thommo, Jimmy Case, Nealy, Greame 'Champagne Charlie' Souness, Smithy, Clem, Heighway, the Kennedys, Cally and the rest
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Nicked this from another forum

----------

Liverpool Manager Kenny Dalglish today criticised the decision to play the League Cup Quarter-final at Chelsea on November 29th - just 48 hours after the Reds face Manchester City at Anfield.

Said Dalglish:

"It is disgraceful in this day and age that players are being asked to play a key Premier League game and then a League Cup Quarter-final in London just 48 hours later.  It's understandable with the Spurs v PAOK Salonika match and the TUC rally that the Met Police have said that our game cannot be played on the Wednesday. But it's surely the duty of the football authorities to think of other solutions which consider the welfare of the players and this clearly hasn't happened. 

"Manchester City are in a similar position to us with their game at Arsenal and it's for them to argue their case, but it is my job to stand up for the interests of Liverpool Football Club. Here you have two clubs who have treated this competition with utmost respect over the years and they are being treated like this. I'd be interested to know what the sponsors think of the situation and what it does for the reputation of the competition.

"It seems totally irresponsible as well that the Quarter-finals are scheduled in the same week as Europa League games. If Stoke had beaten us in the last round and were through to face Chelsea then the tie gets rescheduled for another date - it's as simple as that. But when we ask the Football League to move our game to a later date, we're told it's impossible. Where's the logic in that?

"What would have happened if all four of the English clubs playing in the Europa League had got through to the Quarter-finals? If the Football League want to devalue their own competition, that's up to them, but they shouldn't then be upset if people use these games to help in the development of young players.

"We've also got the situation that both ourselves and Manchester City were happy for the League game to be moved back to the Saturday so we both had proper time to prepare, but again we are told by the Premier League that this is not possible either for TV reasons and just to get on with it. Ian Ayre specifically consulted with the Premier League who had some discussion with Sky, but neither were able to accomodate our position.

"The one thing I will say to our fans is to think carefully before buying tickets for the League Cup game because we do not want them spending their money and then we decide there is no other option but to use only young players in the tie."

------------

Kenny is bang on, its ridiculious to play a game on sunday, then the day after we have another game away against Chelsea.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:00 pm

Sulk and you are out, Kenny Dalglish tells Liverpool's expensive bench

• Carroll, Downing and Henderson were substitutes at Chelsea
• Manager wants united squad whether players start or not

Tim Rich
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 24 November 2011 22.29 GMT
Article history

Andy Carroll, who cost Liverpool £35m, was a substitute against Chelsea and still has to prove himself worthy of a regular starting role. Photograph: Martin Rickett/PA

Kenny Dalglish has warned his out-of-favour Liverpool players that he will not be afraid to buy replacements if their attitude to being dropped alters.

Dalglish began last Sunday's 2-1 victory at Chelsea with three of his biggest signings – Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson – on the bench. Collectively, the trio, who each featured at some point at Stamford Bridge, cost around £75m and, although the Liverpool manager said he was delighted with the spirit they have demonstrated, he added it would be "their problem" if they were to show any inclination to sulk.

"At the end of the day it is hard for those who don't play," he said. "It is hard to keep them motivated and keep them going. That is understandable. If they come in with really good attitudes and not with petty lips when they are left out, it is helpful to everyone.

"For them to have come in with positive attitudes has shown their determination. It hasn't done anyone any harm. If they are not committed to playing, it is not going to be my problem, it is going to be their problem because we will go and get people who are determined to play."

To illustrate his argument that his Liverpool side are entirely united, Dalglish pointed to a photograph that showed Downing celebrating after Liverpool's last-minute winner at Stamford Bridge. "Did you see Stewart Downing's face when Glen Johnson scored?" he asked. "Print that picture rather than use any words from me to describe how he felt. It says more than I could ever say."

Of the five major signings Dalglish has made, two – Luis Suárez and Charlie Adam – appear at this early stage to be unequivocal successes. Henderson has had his moments while Downing has faded after a bright start. Concern over Carroll, evident at the start of the season, has simply deepened. The former Newcastle United striker, signed for £35m in January, has managed only two goals this term and is the subject Dalglish is most often asked about. On Thursday he said that, despite the fact that Carroll had scored twice against Sunday's opponents, Manchester City, last season, he was not guaranteed his starting place at Anfield .

"You take into account what is happening now," Dalglish said. "Just because he scored twice last season doesn't mean he's going to score this time. We will all start afresh, Andy included. For the record I thought Andy's best two performances were against Stoke and West Brom."

Neither of these matches was at Anfield and nor were they against teams of Manchester City's sophistication. That 3-0 win over Roberto Mancini's side in April would probably count as the high-water mark of Dalglish' s return and featured a clean sheet and a fine performance from Jamie Carragher.

Liverpool have kept one clean sheet in their last six games at Anfield and that was not enough to earn a win over Swansea, while some have seen Carragher's omission at Chelsea as a sign that a great career is drawing to a natural close. "You do whatever is necessary for the team," said Dalglish.

"If we hadn't won at Chelsea, it would have been a bad side. We don't have hindsight to work with. Carra has only been back a week after his calf injury but you know what he has done for this football club. He understands."

Dalglish has ruled Steven Gerrard, who has not played since 22 October because of an ankle infection, out of Sunday's visit of City. "Like we've already said, we are delighted with the progress he's making and we've said that we won't put a date on his return – and we won't put a date on it now," he said of the captain.

Link

---------------

I think this is good stuff from our manager, showing some discipline and giving out of favor players a push to try harder.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:32 am

Well done Kenny. A year back and you already have a trophy in the bag. Let's hope its the first of many.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:50 am

Dundalk wrote:Well done Kenny. A year back and you already have a trophy in the bag. Let's hope its the first of many.

he`s won all the domestic trophy`s now as well which is something even shanks, bob and joe didnt do.
in 2 seperate spells dalglish has manged this club for a total of six seasons and in that time he has won 6 major trophies - 3 league titles, 2 f.a cup`s and now the league cup.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion