Kenny dalglish - Should king kenny return?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Personally would love to see him sitting in that dugout, but I'd fear for the man. How long would it be before certain c*nts start slandering him, and the gobsh*te press starts to dismantle his legacy? If he took over and it did go pear shaped for him, it would come as no suprise and I'd place no blame whatsoever on the man. I do think he'd do considerably better than Hodgson and MON, of which if any of those two took over, my heart would seriously sink.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:12 pm

This is an old list, dating back to about April, but here is a list of the most high profile unemployed managers.

Discuss...........

Bernd Schuster

The former Real Madrid boss’ most noted achievement was winning the La Liga title in his first season at the Bernabeu while playing an attractive style of football, much in demand by the fans after succeeding a certain defensive-minded coach in Fabio Capello in July 2007. Two excellent seasons at little known Spanish club Getafe landed Schuster the Real job, but he was on his way out of the Spanish capital come December 2008 and has yet to return.

Mark Hughes

Hughes’s acrimonious exit from Manchester City was widely considered unfair, despite his record of two wins in his last eleven Premier League games. Roberto Mancini has since taken advantage of the foundations left by Hughes and, with a successful four-year spell at Blackburn on his CV, it surely won’t be long until ‘Sparky’ is back in the dugout again. Confirmed on the shortlist for the Ivory Coast position ahead of this summer’s World Cup, Hughes eventually lost out to his predecessor at Eastlands Sven Goran Eriksson.

Jürgen Klinsmann

Known for his infamous ‘dive’ goal celebration as a player, Klinsmann has had mixed results so far in the managerial game. The former Tottenham Hotspur striker was plunged into the spotlight in 2004 after taking charge of the German national side, guiding the host nation to a semi-final in the 2006 World Cup and a third place finish. Pre-tournament criticism turned to acclaim after but Klinsmann handed in his resignation nevertheless. A stint at Bayern Munich in 2008 came to another abrupt end in April 2009 following indifferent league and cup form, but he continues to be touted for other top jobs including the Liverpool post.

Glenn Hoddle

Another fan-favourite at White Hart Lane, Hoddle is more likely to be seen in a TV studio than on the touch line these days but still offers a wealth of experience in the English game. Between 1993 and 2006, the current Sky football pundit managed Chelsea, England, Southampton, Spurs and Wolverhampton Wanderers with mixed results but, after nearly four years out of management, Hoddle was recently linked with a return at West Ham United. Sport.co.uk caught up with the legendary midfielder this week, to read the interview click here.

Marco van Basten

At the end of his playing career in 1995 van Basten said he would never enter management. Nine years later the Dutch footballing legend became coach of his country and in his four year spell reached the last 16 at the 2006 World Cup and a quarter-final exit at UEFA Euro 2008. A year at Ajax followed but failure to qualify for the Champions League lead to van Basten’s resignation. Eleven months out of work is unlikely to continue too much longer.

Alan Curbishley

Curbishley’s 15 seasons at Charlton Athletic remain a blueprint for modest clubs with Premier League aspirations. The former Addicks boss masterminded two promotions to the top tier and, after winning the then Division One title in 2000, ensured they remained there right through to his resignation in 2006. We all know what’s happened since. Curbishley returned to management in December that year with West Ham and helped the Hammers escape impending relegation. He resigned from his post in September 2008 after arguments with the board over transfer policy, and hasn’t been back since.

Kevin Keegan

A man known for his emotional outbursts both as manager of Newcastle and England, Keegan too resigned from his second spell at St James’s Park following a fall out with owner Mike Ashley. Although Keegan’s return to Newcastle was not as successful as his first when in 1995-96 they were beaten to the Premier League title on the final day, his record as a club manager is still fairly impressive with promotions to the top flight with both Fulham and Manchester City.

Michael Laudrup

At 45, Laudrup already has nine years of coaching experience to call upon. In four seasons at Brondby, Laudrup won the Danish Cup in his first campaign as well as a league and cup double in 2005. Having made a name for himself at Barcelona as a player, Laudrup returned to Spain in 2007 to succeed Schuster at Getafe and lead them to a Copa del Rey final and the last eight in the UEFA Cup.  Resigning for a short-lived tenure at Spartak Moscow proved less fruitful, but Laudrup is still considered a top young manager.

Steve Coppell

Coppell’s name, especially compared to many others in this list, hardly sets the world alight. Yet four spells at Crystal Palace between 1984 and 2000 saw the Eagles reach the FA Cup final, third place in the top tier and a play-off success to secure promotion to the Premier League.  Coppell’s six years at Reading were also impressive with a Division One Championship and an 8th place finish in the top flight the following season. Coppell picked up the Manager of the Year award for both campaigns and, despite relegation in 2008, still has a good reputation throughout the game.

Phil Brown

Brown is more than just a football manager: he saves suicidal women from jumping off bridges and sings - badly - to large crowds. Such an all-rounder is surely worth a mention considering Brown probably thinks he should be and in three years at Hull he did do a good job. First saving the Tigers from relegation in 2007, the following season saw Brown take them into the Premier League via the Play-offs. Hull stayed up on the last day in the 2008-09 season too, sparking scenes of jubilation and shocking ‘harmonies’ from their manager. ‘Gardening leave’ does not seem appropriate for the man - even if he can top up on his tan - so expect some club to take a punt soon.

Bit of a motley crew, but gives us something different to discuss!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:42 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Alan Curbishley

Curbishley’s 15 seasons at Charlton Athletic remain a blueprint for modest clubs with Premier League aspirations. The former Addicks boss masterminded two promotions to the top tier and, after winning the then Division One title in 2000, ensured they remained there right through to his resignation in 2006. We all know what’s happened since. Curbishley returned to management in December that year with West Ham and helped the Hammers escape impending relegation. He resigned from his post in September 2008 after arguments with the board over transfer policy, and hasn’t been back since.

Wasn't he in the driver's seat to replace Houllier for a while there in May of 04?  I guess Hodgson is Curbishley Mark II then? :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:49 pm

All worse than:

Capello, Lippi, Dalglish, Hodgson, MON in that order.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Dalglish's Liverpool record ended with: 515 appearances, 172 goals, 307 as manager, 8 League Championships, 2 FA Cup wins, 3 European Cup wins, 4 League Cup wins, 1 European Super Cup win, and 5 Charity Shield wins. He also won a Football Writers` Footballer of the Year award, a PFA player of the year award, and three Manager of the Year awards.

'What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example'.   Kenny Dalglish
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shabelle50 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:31 pm

It's still a bit mystifying as to why he left particularly as he apparently has said since that he would have gone back within a few weeks if the board had asked him to. I think he would have won more titles had he not left and United wouldn't have had the period of dominance they've had had he stayed.
shabelle50

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Personally would love to see him sitting in that dugout, but I'd fear for the man. How long would it be before certain c*nts start slandering him, and the gobsh*te press starts to dismantle his legacy? If he took over and it did go pear shaped for him, it would come as no suprise and I'd place no blame whatsoever on the man. I do think he'd do considerably better than Hodgson and MON, of which if any of those two took over, my heart would seriously sink.

I agree on everything you say there Ste , an i would be terrified of any abuse he took, and it would happen believe me, with some of our fan base at the moment. Surely even he knowshimself that he has got more savvy about this club than the favoured Woy, he knows us inside out,

Id hate for them two to undermine him, stab him in the back they way they did with Rafa, and yet if someone else like Hodgson comes in will Kenny be happy about it, I mean hes the football man here ,the other two know nothing and Christie a banker , , oh me heads batterd again with itall .
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 pm

quite simply, I love this man. In a man way obviously, steady boys......

But, one thing that worries me is his legendary status bein put at risk by mickey an donald across the pond. However, i'm fairly sure if it scares me, then HE knows th risks HE'S takin - an i'd trust Kenny Dalglish implicitly. He says he wants it, who are we to say no? I dont believe there are managers out there more worthy than him that are FREELY AVAILABLE other than a punt on hughes, an lets be honest if he lost more than 2 games in a row he'd be all the manc c**ts walkin so where would be the sense in that appointment?

Whoever gets the job wont be in it long unless somehow the sale takes forever an we win the PL inbetween times. i'm fairly sure just as at citeh any new owners will only give whoever has th post a short probationary period before puttin their foot down an forcibly suggestin some changes if things aint sweetness an light.

I believe Kenny can keep our stars here, attract other names given some money, and maybe attempt to re-ignite the way we used to play given the right circumstances. but i also hope the great man understands theres alotta JCL fans here from '05 that seem to expect us to be top of the tree regardless of any circumstances/obstacles that have to be worked out.

I dont want Kenny takin the job. I dont wanna see him risk losin what he so undoubtedly earned.
But if he feels he can do it, can take that risk then my feelins become negligible an i stand by everythin he says an does.

Too much trust, emotion, blinded passion? I dont care, like i said at the top;-

Quite simply, I love this man.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:43 pm

Its a hard one in it , ^^^^
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:53 pm

Well, it's all fookin' academic anyway - those two thievin' pikey bastids are gonna opt for a Yes-man anyway....And that would be Woy...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:58 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:However, i'm fairly sure if it scares me, then HE knows th risks HE'S takin - an i'd trust Kenny Dalglish implicitly.

Excellent point.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:00 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Well, it's all fookin' academic anyway - those two thievin' pikey bastids are gonna opt for a Yes-man anyway....And that would be Woy...

Hey.... they narrowly avoided death sacking rafa, to then throw kenny out??  :Oo:

Rafa was a gamble, Kenny would be suicide........  :idea

I bet if Kenny winked at Purslow he'd shít himself.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Reg wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Well, it's all fookin' academic anyway - those two thievin' pikey bastids are gonna opt for a Yes-man anyway....And that would be Woy...

Hey.... they narrowly avoided death sacking rafa, to then throw kenny out??  :Oo:

Rafa was a gamble, Kenny would be suicide........  :idea

I bet if Kenny winked at Purslow he'd shít himself.

You've lost me with your logic - what's your point ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:28 pm

A Yes Man is a far safer option for Bubble & Squeak, if they appointed Kenny and tried/had to remove him it would be teh final straw with the fans.

As I´ve said before, Woy is expendible, Kenny is not.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:51 pm

Reg wrote:A Yes Man is a far safer option for Bubble & Squeak, if they appointed Kenny and tried/had to remove him it would be teh final straw with the fans.

As I´ve said before, Woy is expendible, Kenny is not.

Now that Kenny has made it clear that he wants the job, G&H, if they have much control, will have to give it to him. They might just be deluded enough to think that making Kenny the manager would endear them to us.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion