Happy Birthday to the KING - Kenny Dalglish - Many Happy Returns

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby skatesy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:48 am

I don't think that anyone has mentioned this on here yet, but it is the King's birthday today  :)

I thought I would start this topic so everyone can give him a big birthday wish and maybe share some memories :)
skatesy

Postby puroresu » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:56 am

Legend. Love King Kenny!!
puroresu

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:02 am

Happy Birthday Kenny!

Lord, we've missed you this last decade or so....
ConnO'var

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:06 am

check out general chat mate

we have a birthday thread pinned up
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:55 pm

I thought he may deserve his own thread as the other one is just for 'all' birthdays.  :D
skatesy

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:00 pm

legend, end of

the greatest player to pull on the red shirt and still a red through and through, love the guy and i am one of the lucky ones of a certain age who had the pleasure of watching him from day one, and had the pleasure of watching his testimonial when during a quite moment in the crowd he was heard to shout at a player who played a stray pass "arghhhhhhhh f*cking hell" then look sheepish when he realised the whole kemly road heard it and started laughing    :D
112-1077774096

Postby red37 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:25 pm

Simply the best player this club has had the good fortune to have acquired the services of. On and Off the pitch - a true legend. Oh and who could ever forget 'that' smile...as wide as the Mersey and as genuinely offered as the affectionate adulation the folk who adored his sublime talent, both locally and across virtually the entire footballing spectrum have long since acknowledged. Along with Rushie, Clemence, Digger, Beardsley, Souness (the footballer). The sparingly utilised, yet exquisitely precocious Litmanen. Fowler, Gerrard, Reina, Carragher and now Torres....some of my favourite players to have adorned the Red Shirt.  Dalglish's name will remain constant for all time. Immortalised in the annals of Greatness, which is where he undoubtedly belongs alongside Shanks and Bob.

All the best on your Birthday Kenny. Live long and prosper.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:38 pm

skatesy wrote:I thought he may deserve his own thread as the other one is just for 'all' birthdays.  :D

let kenny post it up himself  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:39 pm

skatesy wrote:I thought he may deserve his own thread as the other one is just for 'all' birthdays.  :D

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:30 pm

"Let's get out of here before they realise what they've done."

Those were Bob Paisley's words to Liverpool chairman John Smith as the pair left the meeting with Celtic officials at which the transfer of Kenny Dalglish to Anfield had been agreed.

What a great signing!!
puroresu

Postby skatesy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:42 pm

Judge wrote:

I just got off the phone with him about ten minutes ago and he told me that if I could post it for him that it would be a huge favour. So after a bit of grumbling and complaining I decided to do it for him  :;):
skatesy

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Why did Celtic sell Kenny?   Never understood it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Kenny wanted a move in 1976.  He felt he had achieved what he could at Celtic.  Jock Stein persuaded him to stay for another season.  With Paisley knowing Keegan was moving on, he got in touch with his friend Stein during season 76/77 enquiring about Dalglish.  Stein told him he was hoping to persuade Dalglish to stay again but he'd give Liverpool first refusal.  In summer '77 Dalglish told Stein he definitely wanted to move on and Stein kept his gentlemans agreement with Paisley.

Also, as a 15 year old Dalglish had a trial with Liverpool in 1966 but Shankley didn't think he was ready to move from Glasgow !
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:54 pm

Sean wrote:Kenny wanted a move in 1976.  He felt he had achieved what he could at Celtic.  Jock Stein persuaded him to stay for another season.  With Paisley knowing Keegan was moving on, he got in touch with his friend Stein during season 76/77 enquiring about Dalglish.  Stein told him he was hoping to persuade Dalglish to stay again but he'd give Liverpool first refusal.  In summer '77 Dalglish told Stein he definitely wanted to move on and Stein kept his gentlemans agreement with Paisley.

Also, as a 15 year old Dalglish had a trial with Liverpool in 1966 but Shankley didn't think he was ready to move from Glasgow !

He also had a trial at west ham didnt he?  The scout that discovered Kenny also said Arsenal wanted him but his dad told him 'He's the only son I've got and I want to see him play football every week'.

Rangers really missed the boat.  His family moved to Govern and Kenny was a Rangers man but the call never came.
puroresu

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:09 pm

Happy birthday to the king , the best player to play for LFC , legend
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion