TAKEOVER COMPLETE - H & G Finally Jibbed!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rush Job » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:54 am

NANNY RED wrote:HE LOOKS LIKE HES GONNA BE DEAD SOON  :laugh:

:laugh:
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:04 am

THE ERA OF LAKES BS IS FINALLY OVER!!!!!

I'm more relieved with that than Hicks & Gillett feckin off...

:D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mgabby » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:25 am

badgermit wrote:More importantly - the current Red Sox ownership took an old, dilapidated dump of a ballpark - Fenway park, built in 1912 - and turned it into a place that people actually want to go to now.  They made gradual changes, keeping with the theme of the oldest ballpark in America...all very tastefully done.  And they gradually increased the seating capacity from ~32K people to almost 40K people.  The downside of this is that they are on average the most expensive tickets in baseball.  But they do this because (1) demand and (2) they need to charge more in order to sign the best players.

Fenway has been sold out for something like 8 years....and that means 81 home games per year.  That is a lot of sellouts.

These guys are good....they find creative ways to make money, they stay true to community and the original purpose of the team.  They put smart people in positions for them to excel.  They think outside the box - building excellence throughout the organization to try to sign younger players and develop them as a way to competing with the giants more effectively.  They put ruthless business people in positions where they are needed.  And they know that only winning will bring success and money.  Not only that, but these guys are FANS.

my $.02 - speaking as a huge Red Sox fan and lifelong Boston resident - and someone who has followed Liverpool for years now (I chose Liverpool as the team most like the Sox and the team that I would support when we first started getting English football over here).  This is the best thing for Liverpool, I just know it.

Getting money/free-of-debt is one thing.  But getting management and an organization that knows what it is doing is something MUCH MUCH more valuable.

That is so true. Fenway IS a great ballpark to go to. The changes made kept the taste of old time (as baseball should be) in a great way. I have been to the new yankee stadium, and just hated it (that's the stadium of the New York team - for those who are not into baseball). It is too "modern" with way too many neon sings, too many noise coming out of speakers and not out of fans (who preffer to eat sushi and drink Jack Daniels during the game).
On the other hand Fenway is a place I just love to go anytime I am in Boston. For those of you who never been there, Fenway is located just in the heart of Boston, and to see all the fans walking to the stadium is a great thing. Baseball is played almost every day, so it is so common to see the sea of people in Red Sox shirts walking on Commonwelth Av. or on Newbury. Each one with it's favorite players shirt - I am with my #34 Ortiz shirt :-)
Official Ticket prices starting at 10$ I think (at the bleechers..) but I would normaly try to find a 50$ ticket (closer to the bases) and pay about 100-120$ for it on ebay/stubhub. Good tickets are hard to find in the last few years. BoSox are sold out since 2005, making it the longest streak in baseball...

And as you say, in Henry we got much more than a wallet to buy us players. We got an owner that CARES. I would preffer him over any Far Eastern bilionaire that is doing it due to economical reason. Henry is a great fan of the Red Sox and now a great fan of Liverpool. And that is the most importent thing.
mgabby

Postby Doc Lashed » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:07 am

What a day!!! Was supposed to be off work. Had booked a holiday for my birthday. I'd planned a day in the company of my wife. We'd also be taking in the pub. However, I was called into work for overtime. B*llocks to that. Stiill, I'll be lucky if I have a job on Monday cause I spent the whole day looking at the internet, Sky Sports and BBC News.

Anyway. The deal went through. I was happy.
BUT. . . still had a niggle in the back of my mind. My heart was not totally exhalting.

What if Henry is a Deja Vu? Whats this sh*te about the Billion Dollar damages law suit? Could the 2 Kants scupper us down the road? I'm not a Law expert. Is a possibilty?

Just watched the two interviews with Henry and Hicks.

Henry is saying all the right things. I have cause for optimism. Stay true to your word John. Embrace the fans, the local leaders and the local community and we'll embrace you. We're not asking for miracles. Just some integrity.

As for the Hicks interview, My mind is clearer now. What a complete and utter clueless, lying, delusional :censored:. Was this man really in charge of our beloved reds? Feck me. I knew things were bad but they were worse than I thought. A cunning plan up his sleeve that might scupper us? My :censored:. I have more chance of scoring the winner on Sunday in the 91st minute. And I'm 43. Today.

Tonight . . . . I celebrate my love . . .  for the reds. And raise a glass to the internet terrorists.
Doc Lashed

Postby NiftyNeil » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:11 am

Just watched the Hicks interview. I must have been sleeping while we were spending all that money on players. £300M in 3 1/2 years, £150M net spending?? Pull the other one Tom! The journo should have well picked him up on a few things there.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:24 am

Proud to be an internet terrorist.

LOL Over on RAWK there's a custom title of what level of internet terrorist you are. I'm a level six terrorist (whatever that means). Derka derka!

Hope he realizes that him saying that has just given massive gratification to everyone involved over the three years in the campaign to get rid of the kunt. I'm proud I was a part of one of the reasons of how we got rid of one of the worst things to ever happen to the club.

F*ck you, Tom. We got ye!
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:27 am

Just watched the interviews on LFCTV.

1. Welcome John & NESV. It may be difficult in attaining us initially but I promise you, we will return to you in kind if not more. With us you will experience something, in sport, you will not be able to get elsewhere. Our history, our passion and our kop. There is a long way to go in terms of development on and off the pitch, but with your knowledge & expertise this journey which we will embark on will be something special & exciting. Can't wait to get started. :laugh:
how soft spoken is John W Henry, and he leads a multimillion dollars co-operation?, if I was that soft spoken I would have been stepped on all over

2. A special thank you to Martin, the BOD and to everyone involved with the takeover, for all their hard work, especially Martin, although there was the financial incentives & being a Chelsea fan, he really didn't need to get involve with us, but he did, he took up the challenge & not only did he worked hard on our behalf, making sure we get the right owners (not necessarily the richest) but he persevered through all the difficult/crucial times. Personally, a lesser man would have just walked away. So for me, Martin should get a seat after his name in our stands. My gratitude to you.
p.s Go on then Martin, forget Chevski, you know you got hooked on us :p

3. And to the fans of the club, SOS, all you that attended the demos, all of you that stayed back in the stadium, singing your lungs out & clapping your hands numb, all of you that typed the email campaign and all you 'internet terrorist' :pirate, you beauties, what can I say. I shall not try to describe you or summarized what all of you have done for the club. Words does not do you justice. Safe to say, Bill, Bob and Joe would have been very proud with all of you. My cup runneth over. Thank you.

Exciting times for the football club.
Onwords and Upwards Redmen. :buttrock  :bowdown
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:02 am

Where has Lakes gone - WAS HE MARTIN BROUGHTON IN DISGUISE ???? ???
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:07 am

Scottbot wrote:I didn't catch all of the slugs interview on SSN but it struck me that the interviewer was completely sh...i...te and was asking all the wrong questions, did he even ask about the lies about not putting debt on the club? About "not being like the united buyout"? That's what all this is truely about you stupid fat f...u...c...k. Is he really that clueless or just a great actor!?

I hope he's got a stomach ulcer to go with the empty bank account and the wounded ego.

Got me ticket for Blackburn next weekend!!! Wake up Anfield we finally got sumthing to sing about!!!!!! :buttrock

IMO the interview would have been heavily restricted by Hicks's people. It was a coup for Sky to get an exclusive and they would have accepted a lot of censorship in order to secure it. And yes, I think Hicks is a superb actor - noone could lie as much and to such effect if they were unable to act. The think for us is we know that he is a pathological liar so for that reason I quite enjoyed watching his performance, and for the fact that his integrity and reputation has been severely dented by the assault from the 'internet terrorists'.

Also, cracking match to get tickets for mate. The atmosphere is going to be special......one of those ones where you can say 'I was there!'.
Last edited by fivecups on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:16 am

jono wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:i remember reading it was something like 162ish mil but recouped back 153ish in sales.there net spend was 3.5mil a season since they came.
pretty sure it was this thread i read it in a while back.

would love the link

In Hick's interview last night he said they spent $ 300 million gross and $ 150 million net which further into the interview became £ 300 million and £ 150 million. Lfchistory says:

In

Lucas Leiva £5,000,000
Krisztián Németh Undisclosed
Mikel San José Domínguez £270,000
Sebastian Leto £1,800,000
Fernando Torres £20,200,000
Andriy Voronin Free
Yossi Benayoun £5,000,000
Ryan Babel £11,500,000
Charles Itandje Undisclosed
Emiliano Insúa £1,300,000
Lauri Dalla Valle £600,000
Martin Skrtel £6,500,000
Javier Mascherano £18,600,000
Philipp Degen Free
Andrea Dossena £7,000,000
Diego Cavalieri £3,500,000
David N'Gog £1,500,000
Robbie Keane £19,000,000
Albert Riera £8,000,000
Glen Johnson £17,500,000
Alberto Aquilani £17,100,000
Sotirios Kyrgiakos £2,000,000
Daniel Ayala £160,000
Maxi Rodriguez Free
Jonjo Shelvey £1,700,000
Milan Jovanović Free
Joe Cole Free
Danny Wilson £2,000,000
Fábio Aurélio Free
Christian Poulsen £4,550,000
Brad Jones £2,300,000
Raul Mereiles £11,500,000
Paul Konchesky £3,500,000

Total In: £172.08m

Out

Florent S.-Pongolle £2,700,000
Daniele Padelli Returns from loan
Danny O' Donnell £100,000
Boudewijn Zenden Free
Jerzy Dudek Free
Robbie Fowler Free
Luis Garcia £4,000,000
Djibril Cissé £6,000,000
Craig Bellamy £7,500,000
Mark Gonzalez £3,500,000
Gabriel Paletta £1,200,000
Chris Kirkland £3,500,000
James Smith Free
Mohamed Sissoko £8,200,000
Lee Peltier Free
John Arne Riise £4,000,000
Harry Kewell Free
Anthony Le Tallec Undisclosed
Peter Crouch £11,000,000
Danny Guthrie £2,250,000
Scott Carson £3,250,000
Steve Finnan Undisclosed
Robbie Keane £16,000,000
Jack Hobbs Undisclosed
Paul Anderson £250,000
Astrit Ajdarevic Free
Sebastian Leto £3,000,000
Jermaine Pennant Free
Miki Roque Free
Álvaro Arbeloa £3,500,000
Xabi Alonso £30,000,000
Andrea Dossena £4,700,000
Andriy Voronin £1,800,000
Nikolay Mihaylov £1,500,000
Mikel San José Domínguez £2,600,000
Fábio Aurélio Free
David Martin Free
Yossi Benayoun £6,000,000
Albert Riera £3,300,000
Diego Cavalieri £3,000,000
Krisztián Németh £1,000,000
Javier Mascherano £17,250,000
Lauri Dalla Valle £750,000
Alex Kacaniklic £750,000
Damien Plessis Panathinaikos Undisclosed

Total Out: £152.6m

Net Spend: £19.48m

Someones telling lies.........
Last edited by fivecups on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:51 am

I have to confess I was quite 'moved' by Hick's speech.....and just thinking about it now I need to go to the toilet again!
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:19 am

Am looking forward to directing some of that internet terrorism in the direction of the law firm set to represent the two slugs in court. They're talking about a war of attrition, well lets see how well the rest of their business operates with 10,000 emails hitting their servers every week.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:28 am

Scottbot wrote:Am looking forward to directing some of that internet terrorism in the direction of the law firm set to represent the two slugs in court. They're talking about a war of attrition, well lets see how well the rest of their business operates with 10,000 emails hitting their servers every week.

We can also target his business partners, lenders until he leaves us the f'uck alone. We know the banks hate this sort of attack so we keep it going until he hates the thought and sight of us.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:38 am

fivecups wrote:
Scottbot wrote:Am looking forward to directing some of that internet terrorism in the direction of the law firm set to represent the two slugs in court. They're talking about a war of attrition, well lets see how well the rest of their business operates with 10,000 emails hitting their servers every week.

We can also target his business partners, lenders until he leaves us the f'uck alone. We know the banks hate this sort of attack so we keep it going until he hates the thought and sight of us.

Deffo mate, i'm seeing the real beauty of the internet right now :cool:

Maybe these guys don't realise who they're taking on. I'm still not 100% sure what their case is based on, i'm guessing they finally drummed up the money to pay the debt after striking up some sort of a deal with mill financial and their case is based on the premise that (despite it being at the 11th hour) they should been able to do as they pleased with the club. Fortunately for us we had a very dignified man in Broughton who rightly saw his role as finding the best custodians for the club rather than lining the pockets of these self-serving magots.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:12 am

maybe that interview wasn't the best thing to watch with my morning tea. you have to marvel at the nerve of the fella though, and his complete disconnection from reality. its amazing he now has the cheek to sit there and play the victim in all this, and to theatrically sit in front of a picture of the proposed stadium as if to say 'this is what i could have given you'. but actually tom, nice one for reminding us how many promises you broke concerning this new stadium, and how you managed to make another 60 million disappear in 'planning' it.

some soft headed types might fall for your bullshít, but the vast majority of us are reveling in your sorry state. as far as i'm concerned you can keep making these interviews. each one just makes us feel better. twát.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion