Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:51 pm

A good result. Let's keep it up.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:08 pm

lakes10 wrote:I would not be shocked if Blackburn beat Chelsea 1-0

They dont seem as organised as last season. Obviously a different manager and one of their best players has left but they could still help us out. Hopefully Santa Cruz is fit.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:12 pm

The_Rock wrote:Whoa....awesome...

Tell it to someone who cares....  :talktothehand

And this was needed for what?  If your that desperate for attention why don't you try posting something about football that isn't nonsense for once, then maybe people might reply!   :oh:
SupitsJonF

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:13 pm

Anyone notice when that Madmax isn't around we are back to our winning ways?  And with a overall good performance, especially Keanes goals!
SupitsJonF

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:17 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:Anyone notice when that Madmax isn't around we are back to our winning ways?  And with a overall good performance, especially Keanes goals!

LOL

dont remind bav that, he may go hysterical :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:17 pm

Just seen the above vids - beautifly taken second goal should do wonders for his confidence.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:34 pm

Good performance in the end which was helped by West Brom actually coming to the game and trying to have ago . Much kudos to them for it aswell . This obviously played into our hands and after the first 20 25 mins we started to dominate . I'm absolutely made up for Keane because he was starting to look like his low confidence was getting the better of him . The way he took his goals by the way smacked of oodles of confidence .

Where's stu when you want to argue about arbeloa , doesn't overlap and get forward my @rse .

Good to see Torres back and getting some playing time . Keane led the line very well today and looks far more threatening playing on the shoulder rather than deep . Don't know how him and Torres are going to work that one out ,but that's for another day . Defense played pretty well apart from one or two aberations but we were pretty solid .

I've got to say that this season when we have played Gerrard in centre mid i much rather have Alonso next to him as they dominated the midfield better and Alonso's distribution is alot better than mascherano's . Also Gerrard doesn't defend as much when playing with mascherano and leaves alot of the donkey work to him . When Gerrard plays with Alonso he gets up and down alot more and does his fair share of defensive duties aswell . Another one for rafa to sort out .

We had good width again today with Riera and Yossi both being supported well by the fullbacks . Good win to start us of on another run and to start putting pressure on the other 3 for once . Onwards and upwards.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:44 pm

metalhead wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:Anyone notice when that Madmax isn't around we are back to our winning ways?  And with a overall good performance, especially Keanes goals!

LOL

dont remind bav that, he may go hysterical :D

:D  we were talking about it earlier. anyone notice whenever Maypax doesnt post in a match thread, we lose?  :p
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RedBlood » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:46 pm

good result, keane gets his first prem goals, a great goal from arebola (very under rated), top of the league BUT we let west brom off from a real hiding imo because we played like it was a training match in the second half and was too obcessed with getting robbie the hat-trick
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:30 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Good performance in the end which was helped by West Brom actually coming to the game and trying to have ago . Much kudos to them for it aswell . This obviously played into our hands and after the first 20 25 mins we started to dominate . I'm absolutely made up for Keane because he was starting to look like his low confidence was getting the better of him . The way he took his goals by the way smacked of oodles of confidence .

Where's stu when you want to argue about arbeloa , doesn't overlap and get forward my @rse .

Good to see Torres back and getting some playing time . Keane led the line very well today and looks far more threatening playing on the shoulder rather than deep . Don't know how him and Torres are going to work that one out ,but that's for another day . Defense played pretty well apart from one or two aberations but we were pretty solid .

I've got to say that this season when we have played Gerrard in centre mid i much rather have Alonso next to him as they dominated the midfield better and Alonso's distribution is alot better than mascherano's . Also Gerrard doesn't defend as much when playing with mascherano and leaves alot of the donkey work to him . When Gerrard plays with Alonso he gets up and down alot more and does his fair share of defensive duties aswell . Another one for rafa to sort out .

We had good width again today with Riera and Yossi both being supported well by the fullbacks . Good win to start us of on another run and to start putting pressure on the other 3 for once . Onwards and upwards.

Nice report, many thanks Igor.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:45 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:I've got to say that this season when we have played Gerrard in centre mid i much rather have Alonso next to him as they dominated the midfield better and Alonso's distribution is alot better than mascherano's . Also Gerrard doesn't defend as much when playing with mascherano and leaves alot of the donkey work to him . When Gerrard plays with Alonso he gets up and down alot more and does his fair share of defensive duties aswell . Another one for rafa to sort out .

Can't say I agree with you mate. Whether Gerrard plays with Alonso or Masch that is just how I want him to play. I thought he had a cracking game today, positive in everything he did, getting the ball early and playing the ball FORWARD, with innumerable through balls that could have led to 5 or 6 goals.

When you are playing against teams  and you have no height up front it was the perfect way to get the ball to Keane and Kuyt. I know Keane will get m.o.t.m. for his goals, but in truth Gerrard was my m.o.t.m. I thought he was outstanding today.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:24 am

s@int wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:I've got to say that this season when we have played Gerrard in centre mid i much rather have Alonso next to him as they dominated the midfield better and Alonso's distribution is alot better than mascherano's . Also Gerrard doesn't defend as much when playing with mascherano and leaves alot of the donkey work to him . When Gerrard plays with Alonso he gets up and down alot more and does his fair share of defensive duties aswell . Another one for rafa to sort out .

Can't say I agree with you mate. Whether Gerrard plays with Alonso or Masch that is just how I want him to play. I thought he had a cracking game today, positive in everything he did, getting the ball early and playing the ball FORWARD, with innumerable through balls that could have led to 5 or 6 goals.

When you are playing against teams  and you have no height up front it was the perfect way to get the ball to Keane and Kuyt. I know Keane will get m.o.t.m. for his goals, but in truth Gerrard was my m.o.t.m. I thought he was outstanding today.

That's fair enough saint ,but one thing we will agree on is that whomever plays alongside him ,he has to play centre midfield.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:28 am

fab win happy to see keane score and good to see torres with a little run in... common ya reds also good of the mancs results ... 2-1 2-1 2-1 2-1
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:19 am

Delighted with the win and happy with the performance from our lads here. It seems we do have 'Bounceabackability' and I was personally happy for Robbie Keane. Its amazing how goals breed confidence for a striker, in saying that though he did look 'well up for it' even before he scored.

Some credit must go to WBA for their intent in trying to play football at Anfield. Of course it made it much easier for us to find the space inbetween their midfield and defence and down the channels etc. But they did pose something of a threat themselves. Had they come to Anfield and played a 'Stoke' game we would of struggled I reckon.

Keane for me looks better playing alongside a striker than he does on his own, he looked better even when he wasnt scoring earlier on in the season partnered with Torres. His movement was really good, as was Kuyts and its good to see that Keane by his own admissions has got that "Monkey off his back".

I thought we looked very complacent and lack lustered in the first twenty minutes or so, but after that we began to gain control of the game with our passing.
Once we went two nil up, for me it was a case of just enjoying the second half rather than seeing us try and claw a defisit back.

Arbeloas goal was a real nice finnish, neatly taken. And of course it was good to see Torres back, and have the belief in his fitness to skin their fullback down the side line. I thought he'd hold back on his sprinting, but he didnt wish surely must mean he now thinks he's fit to get the gate rate going.

Well in lads, job done.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:16 am

Madmax wrote:fab win happy to see keane score and good to see torres with a little run in... common ya reds also good of the mancs results ... 2-1 2-1 2-1 2-1

Interesting, we won and you weren't here!!

Superstition 1 - Madmax 0
SupitsJonF

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion