STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:32 am

aCe' » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:36 pm wrote:
The_Rock » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:49 am wrote:Good player.....but good ridence too.

The single most reason for why we didn't win the league last season [a] (I am not talking about the slip either). A big reason on why we perform so pathetically this season [b]. One of the reasons why King got the sack [c].

[a] - We would have still scored all those goals even without gerrard. Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge were simply awesome last season. With more defensive stability (Lucas), we would have conceded at less 15 league goals less and would have won the league.

[b] - He has been horrendous this season. And his reason about leaving the club because he wanted to start every game is such a selfish thought. Gerrard would have been an awesome option from the bench. But I can gather that he forced rodgers' hands to start him almost every game (and not to sub him unless it is for receiving applause from the fans). I am not Rodgers' biggest fan...but I reckon, his hands were tied some what with Gerrard in this club. We had Sahin. But we let him go because he played in Gerrard's position. He alienated Lucas because he played in Gerrard's position.

Rafa would not have stood for this......

[c] - Anyone remember Gerrard and Charlie adam as a CM pairing......? Such an horrendous pairing. Yes the King played them. But I know the King. He would not have continuously picked Gerrard as a CM if he had stayed here longer.

This is 9 days overdue, but fck off.

Easy..... He knows the king!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:39 am

I'M SO HAPPY FOR HIM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM1swT-52XE

AND HE COULD PLAY...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Im very disappointed with his recent comments. Why doesnt he just shut up and get on with his fabulous life?
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:46 pm wrote:Im very disappointed with his recent comments. Why doesnt he just shut up and get on with his fabulous life?

Surprising revelation saying that he didn't have a personal relationship with Rafa. And a bit of a put down to say that Rafa was embarrasing and humiliating himself with the "fact" speech and also the overpraising of Mourinho...  :no
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Footballers sometimes like to contradict themselves. Im sure i once heard an interview of his when he praised Rafa and said Rafa was the one that enhanced his game to another level.
Then you hear another time they slate the same manager.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:07 am

Didn't he say Joe Cole can do what Messi does ?

Anyway , Rafa (who I wanted sacked ) is the best LFC manager since Paisley ( not sure on how to rate Fagan) but Rafa is a cold fish.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:12 am

maguskwt » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:29 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:46 pm wrote:Im very disappointed with his recent comments. Why doesnt he just shut up and get on with his fabulous life?

Surprising revelation saying that he didn't have a personal relationship with Rafa. And a bit of a put down to say that Rafa was embarrasing and humiliating himself with the "fact" speech and also the overpraising of Mourinho...  :no

The 'fact speech " is just second to keegans "I'd love it " melt down. Why blame SG ?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:45 am

Big Niall » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:12 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:29 pm wrote:

The 'fact speech " is just second to keegans "I'd love it " melt down. Why blame SG ?

Because he doesn't need to go there...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:05 pm

wow............ Well ...now we know who backstabbed rafa and got him sacked.

Steven Gerrard made his name under rafa as a support striker and right midfielder. And he comes out with this cr@p...... I hope gerrard never comes back to this club again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ez-6437545

Steven Gerrard blasts "stupid" Rafa Benitez for Xabi Alonso sale and reveals worst Liverpool teammate

The former England captain said Alonso was the best central midfielder he ever played with and couldn't believe it when he was shipped off to the Bernabeu for £30million

Steven Gerrard has blasted his former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez over the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid in 2009.

The former England captain said Alonso was the best central midfielder he ever played with and couldn't believe it when he was shipped off to the Bernabeu for £30million.

While Gerrard credited Benitez with bringing Alonso to Anfield, he labelled him "stupid" for letting him leave.

In his new book, My Story, serialised in the Daily Mail, Gerrard said: "It was clear Alonso was royalty after our first training session together in August 2004, and Rafa Benitez, who had been so clever to buy him in the first place, was equally stupid to sell him to Real Madrid five years later.

"He was, by some distance, the best central midfielder I ever played alongside.

"It was a disastrous decision to sell Alonso, and especially for just £30million — which looks a snip now when you reflect on all he has achieved subsequently, both at Real Madrid and Bayern Munich and with Spain, winning the Euros and the World Cup.

"I blame Rafa entirely for the loss of Alonso. He could still have been playing for Liverpool six or seven years after he left in 2009."

A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:10 pm

The_Rock » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:05 pm wrote:wow............ Well ...now we know who backstabbed rafa and got him sacked.

Steven Gerrard made his name under rafa as a support striker and right midfielder. And he comes out with this cr@p...... I hope gerrard never comes back to this club again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ez-6437545

Steven Gerrard blasts "stupid" Rafa Benitez for Xabi Alonso sale and reveals worst Liverpool teammate

The former England captain said Alonso was the best central midfielder he ever played with and couldn't believe it when he was shipped off to the Bernabeu for £30million

Steven Gerrard has blasted his former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez over the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid in 2009.

The former England captain said Alonso was the best central midfielder he ever played with and couldn't believe it when he was shipped off to the Bernabeu for £30million.

While Gerrard credited Benitez with bringing Alonso to Anfield, he labelled him "stupid" for letting him leave.

In his new book, My Story, serialised in the Daily Mail, Gerrard said: "It was clear Alonso was royalty after our first training session together in August 2004, and Rafa Benitez, who had been so clever to buy him in the first place, was equally stupid to sell him to Real Madrid five years later.

"He was, by some distance, the best central midfielder I ever played alongside.

"It was a disastrous decision to sell Alonso, and especially for just £30million — which looks a snip now when you reflect on all he has achieved subsequently, both at Real Madrid and Bayern Munich and with Spain, winning the Euros and the World Cup.

"I blame Rafa entirely for the loss of Alonso. He could still have been playing for Liverpool six or seven years after he left in 2009."

If I rembember rightly, SG talked about this in his first book and how Rafa tried to swap Alonso for Barry. Xabi wanted to leave after that, didn't he?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby redshade » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:15 pm

I have to admit myself Rafa was a d1ck for the way he dealt with Alonso. He basically did push Alonso out.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:59 pm

redshade » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:15 pm wrote:I have to admit myself Rafa was a d1ck for the way he dealt with Alonso. He basically did push Alonso out.

So lets just talk about rafa selling Alonso to real Madrid for 3 times the fee we bought him and forget about everything else he did shall we ?

BTW why doesn't gerrard have anything to say about how Sahin was treated by Rodgers ? or Agger or Reina ?

Why does he have to release a book now ? Whats his intention ? All these revelations is gonna make our club a bigger laughing stock than what Rodgers is trying to do single-handedly.....

Ferguson had treated beckham pretty badly too...but does he bite the hand of the manager who made him what he is today ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:23 pm

The_Rock » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:59 pm wrote:
redshade » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:15 pm wrote:I have to admit myself Rafa was a d1ck for the way he dealt with Alonso. He basically did push Alonso out.

So lets just talk about rafa selling Alonso to real Madrid for 3 times the fee we bought him and forget about everything else he did shall we ?

BTW why doesn't gerrard have anything to say about how Sahin was treated by Rodgers ? or Agger or Reina ?

Why does he have to release a book now ? Whats his intention ? All these revelations is gonna make our club a bigger laughing stock than what Rodgers is trying to do single-handedly.....

Ferguson had treated beckham pretty badly too...but does he bite the hand of the manager who made him what he is today ?

Totally agree with Stevie regarding Alonso.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:21 pm

I personally think he's embarrassed himself ,Its acceptable with theses types of 'tell all' books that its degenerative towards some ex players/managers , but to have a pop at Suarez's relationship with Sturridge ,lest we forget a player still on the payroll is damaging to his own affinity with Liverpool fans.

I mean ,if I'm not mistaken ,I recollect Gerrard stating "What happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room" imo its a shame he couldn't reflect the humility and dignity of Rafa when he paid tribute to Gerrard on his retirement from serious football.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:55 pm

When hes retired and wants to let everyone know what went on behind the scenes, then by all means do a kiss and tell. But why the fu'ck bring all this up now?
Gone down in my estimation and let himself and us down by the timing and the content
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion