STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:27 am

In light of yesterday's anniversary

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue May 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Well, next season will be one of the 1st in a very long time we won't have any world class players(not that Gerrard was world class this season).
Just saying how spoiled we've been having had one of the best for over a decade.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed May 27, 2015 9:50 am

Open letter from SG in the Echo to all us fans...

http://interactive.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ ... index.html
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sat May 30, 2015 6:27 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Stevie lad
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:56 pm

A day late but happy birthday captain!

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun May 31, 2015 7:04 pm

Wow, that's a class wee YouTube vid. Wonderful to watch.
Although having said that, I have to say that I found it increasingly sad as I was watching it.
All those names, all that fabulous link-up play between the players, SG's deadly strike rate...... I know he's past his best now an' all, but that's not my point, it's the whole team.
Who's gonna do that for us now? Who's gonna get the commentators screaming their name like that?
I really fear for what next season has in store for us, I really do.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Sabre » Sun May 31, 2015 7:53 pm

Soupyzrx wrote:Wow, that's a class wee YouTube vid. Wonderful to watch.
Although having said that, I have to say that I found it increasingly sad as I was watching it.
All those names, all that fabulous link-up play between the players, SG's deadly strike rate...... I know he's past his best now an' all, but that's not my point, it's the whole team.
Who's gonna do that for us now? Who's gonna get the commentators screaming their name like that?
I really fear for what next season has in store for us, I really do.

This post sums up well the feelings while I've seen the goodbye of Gerrard, it's been a tad sad. Gerrard is the kind of legend that it's not just a Liverpool legend but also a legend abroad. He is one of the big names, like Pirlo who get that world wide credit besides the credit he gets from his own supporters.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun May 31, 2015 9:17 pm

I feel the same and how long has it been since we never had a scouser in the first team, (I know we have Flanno but as he's half decent Rodgers most probably won't play him) so it must be at least the 60,s. The future looks very grim
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 31, 2015 9:33 pm

We are crying out for a few good local lads to make the jump up to the first team. With Stevie gone,  no one apart from Flano that really identifies with the club imo.
Doeboy

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:49 am

Good player.....but good ridence too.

The single most reason for why we didn't win the league last season [a] (I am not talking about the slip either). A big reason on why we perform so pathetically this season [b]. One of the reasons why King got the sack [c].

[a] - We would have still scored all those goals even without gerrard. Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge were simply awesome last season. With more defensive stability (Lucas), we would have conceded at less 15 league goals less and would have won the league.

[b] - He has been horrendous this season. And his reason about leaving the club because he wanted to start every game is such a selfish thought. Gerrard would have been an awesome option from the bench. But I can gather that he forced rodgers' hands to start him almost every game (and not to sub him unless it is for receiving applause from the fans). I am not Rodgers' biggest fan...but I reckon, his hands were tied some what with Gerrard in this club. We had Sahin. But we let him go because he played in Gerrard's position. He alienated Lucas because he played in Gerrard's position.

Rafa would not have stood for this......

[c] - Anyone remember Gerrard and Charlie adam as a CM pairing......? Such an horrendous pairing. Yes the King played them. But I know the King. He would not have continuously picked Gerrard as a CM if he had stayed here longer.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:07 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/gerrard-surprised-liverpool-exits-pascoe-9418405

Reds legend interested to hear reasons behind changes to Brendan Rodgers' backroom staff

Steven Gerrard has admitted to being “surprised” by the departures of Colin Pascoe and Mike Marsh from the backroom staff at Anfield.

The exits of assistant manager Pascoe and first team coach Marsh were announced last Friday, in the same week it was confirmed that Brendan Rodgers would continue as Liverpool manager next season.

That followed an end-of-season review conducted by club chairman Tom Werner and FSG executive Mike Gordon after Liverpool finished a disappointing sixth in the Premier League and failed to progress out of their Champions League group.

Gerrard said: “I was surprised Brendan Rodgers made changes to backroom staff at Liverpool. I will be interested to hear his reasons why.”

Sources have suggested the changes to the backroom team at Melwood were done with the mutual consent of Rodgers, Werner and Gordon.

Gerrard was unveiled today as a new pundit for BT Sport as they take over Champions League coverage next season, joining former Liverpool colleagues at the channel including Steve McManaman, Michael Owen and David James.

Gerrard also spoke about Raheem Sterling at the launch and insists staying at Anfield would be in the 20-year-old’s best interests.

“I hope Raheem stays. For his development and stability. The frustrating thing for me would be if he went to another team and was just a squad player.”
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Wasn't really sure where to post this, so decided on this thread...

Steven Gerrard, Glen Johnson, Brad Jones, Jordan Lussey and Marc Pelosi officially confirmed as released from the club.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:36 pm

The_Rock » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:49 am wrote:Good player.....but good ridence too.

The single most reason for why we didn't win the league last season [a] (I am not talking about the slip either). A big reason on why we perform so pathetically this season [b]. One of the reasons why King got the sack [c].

[a] - We would have still scored all those goals even without gerrard. Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge were simply awesome last season. With more defensive stability (Lucas), we would have conceded at less 15 league goals less and would have won the league.

[b] - He has been horrendous this season. And his reason about leaving the club because he wanted to start every game is such a selfish thought. Gerrard would have been an awesome option from the bench. But I can gather that he forced rodgers' hands to start him almost every game (and not to sub him unless it is for receiving applause from the fans). I am not Rodgers' biggest fan...but I reckon, his hands were tied some what with Gerrard in this club. We had Sahin. But we let him go because he played in Gerrard's position. He alienated Lucas because he played in Gerrard's position.

[c] - Anyone remember Gerrard and Charlie adam as a CM pairing......? Such an horrendous pairing. Yes the King played them. But I know the King. He would not have continuously picked Gerrard as a CM if he had stayed here longer.

This is 9 days overdue, but fck off.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:17 pm

aCe' » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:36 pm wrote:
The_Rock » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:49 am wrote:Good player.....but good ridence too.

This is 9 days overdue, but fck off.

:buttrock  :bowdown
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:30 pm

The_Rock » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:49 am wrote:Good player.....but good ridence too.

Interesting theory...
:)
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion