STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:49 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:40 am wrote:
RedAnt » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:36 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:14 am wrote:Apparently Gerrard has also said that its only a matter of time before either Barcelona or Real Madrid come in for Coutinho.

As much as I like Coutinho, I'm not sure he's good enough for Real or Barca. He's a great little player but not of that quality. Fact is he's not been excellent for us when he's been surrounded by better players. He shines out more now because of the sh*t surrounding him. I'm not putting him down, but I think he'd vanish at the biggest teams.

I disagree, I think he's already better than a lot of players that have played for Barcelona in recent years and he's only just turned 23. I mean would you swap Coutinho for Pedro? I certainly wouldn't.

I'd not swap him for anyone, I don't think. He does tend to go missing though. He can turn a game with a moment of magic but he's not on the same level as Ronaldo, Suarez, Neymar and so on. At least I don't think so.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:12 pm

I always felt the same that the next to move will be Coutinho.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:54 pm

I'm afraid father time has already caught up with Stevie G. He admits that the MLS season was tough due to travelling and different conditions and next season maybe the last for him as a footballer.

He really does look haggard on the field.

Good news is that he may be back training with Liverpool. It'll be really good for all these young players to learn from him.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:27 pm

maguskwt » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:54 pm wrote:I'm afraid father time has already caught up with Stevie G. He admits that the MLS season was tough due to travelling and different conditions and next season maybe the last for him as a footballer.

Good news is that he may be back training with Liverpool. It'll be really good for all these young players to learn from him.

I agree - No harm in Stevie G being back at LFC training with the lads.
It's one of those situation that will reveal the true in-depth inner mind set of our new manager.
Will he or won't he bring back SG into the LFC set up in some capacity?
I for one don't really care as any decision made now will be for the immediate / future benefit of the team and LFC.
In JK I trust!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:43 pm

maguskwt » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:54 pm wrote:I'm afraid father time has already caught up with Stevie G. He admits that the MLS season was tough due to travelling and different conditions and next season maybe the last for him as a footballer.

Truth is he hasn't been the same player for years, when he was about 30/31 he had a terrible groin injury which left his upper leg muscle hanging on to the bone by a thread, the injury was so bad it nearly ended his career there and then, when he eventually recovered from it he found he couldn't run as quick as he once did and he couldn't strike the ball as hard as he once did.
That injury basically robbed him of any chance of his powers waining slowly.
In his prime though he was simply the best and it's good to see he will soon be back at Melwood, the club should either offer him a job in the coaching set up or if Jurgen only wants his own men around him then he should be given an ambassadorial role.
Having two footballing icons like Kenny and Gerrard going around the world together meeting sponsors, representing the club at official functions and generally promoting LFC would be terrific for the image of the club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:28 pm

Bring back Carra not Stevie, its a no brainer IMHO.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:23 pm

Sky Sports are saying that Jurgen has ruled out the idea of Gerrard playing for Liverpool again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:15 pm

I'd take gerrard for 20 minutes every week over milner in a  :hearts beat. If he was here now I guarantee he would be top scorer  :nod

Anyway its good news that he will be training with the squad during the MLS break.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:40 pm

Train yes, advice yes, help with free kicks yes, playing, absolutely not.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 am

To what extent have we missed Stevie G?
Klopp has come in and instilled his style of football (which is too fast for an ageing SG), let players have their heads (Allen, Origi, Can and the back 4) which wouldn’t have happened if the traditonalists were still insisting that SG be allowed to play and get ongoing one year contract extensions.
The UEFA Cup Man United and BVB results wouldn’t have happened if SG was still centre piece in the team.
JK has taken over and moved us forward, new methods, new strategy, new player influences, new era.
Nor would I want Stevie back as a coach to be honest, we’ve moved on and the Klopp way forward works just fine.
If Stevie wants to get into coaching and management, he needs to strat off at Bournemouth or as No2 to Rafa or someone and learn his trade. However I don’t think SG coming back to Anfield to presumably teach what he learnt 15 years ago is the way for LFC to win the league.
‘Just saying like.....’
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon May 09, 2016 1:21 am

https://youtu.be/tqL5g-QE6GI

Scored a tidy little goal for the Galaxy today.

I've got to say since Klopp has come in, I've wondered if Stevie and him would've gotten along.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 09, 2016 2:22 am

ethanr » Mon May 09, 2016 12:21 am wrote:https://youtu.be/tqL5g-QE6GI

Scored a tidy little goal for the Galaxy today.

I've got to say since Klopp has come in, I've wondered if Stevie and him would've gotten along.

I think they would have gotten along very well. I remember SG saying he wanted to see what klopp's training was all about. But SG wouldnt have survived in a klopp team. Maybe as a coach he will do very well for klopp. SG was a no non-sense and quietly passionate player and klopp would have liked him.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 09, 2016 9:18 am

Reg » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 am wrote:To what extent have we missed Stevie G?

I miss him every time we get a free kick near the oppo's box !

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:44 pm

So, Gerrard's contract expire next month and he's yet to decide if he's retiring or not.....

Would anyone have him back? He's 36...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:48 pm

Lol doubt he would last 30 mins with Klopps demands. Maybe as a last 10 mins impact sub. But i would rather give time to Grujić so he can adapt.
Last edited by redshade on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion