STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:57 am wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:55 am wrote:One more yellow and he serves a two match ban. I'd put money on him picking one up against Sunderland. Our next two games are Tottenham and West Ham. Next after that is Man City.

Spurs are no pushovers and Lucas has played about 2 minutes football since Christmas (he came on in injury time at the very end of the United game).
If (and this is a big if) we find ourselves in a comfortable position against Sunderland it may be wise to bring Lucas on to give him some game time.

Good shout. 

I've noticed Gerrard has been picking up a few yellows and he's been pretty lucky not to see red too. In the Cardiff match he got away with a heavy tackle whilst on a yellow.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't pick up another yellow in the next two games, so getting Lucas up to speed is vital.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:21 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:46 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:57 am wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:55 am wrote:One more yellow and he serves a two match ban. I'd put money on him picking one up against Sunderland. Our next two games are Tottenham and West Ham. Next after that is Man City.

Spurs are no pushovers and Lucas has played about 2 minutes football since Christmas (he came on in injury time at the very end of the United game).
If (and this is a big if) we find ourselves in a comfortable position against Sunderland it may be wise to bring Lucas on to give him some game time.

Good shout. 

I've noticed Gerrard has been picking up a few yellows and he's been pretty lucky not to see red too. In the Cardiff match he got away with a heavy tackle whilst on a yellow.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't pick up another yellow in the next two games, so getting Lucas up to speed is vital.

It's either that or go with a very attacking formation like we did against Everton with Coutinho in midfield.
It would look something like this -

Hendo.            Allen

Coutinho

Sterling.            Sturridge.          Suarez

Very risky to play a formation like that against teams like City and especially Chelsea (who are renowned counter punchers) but then again we are at home, the atmosphere is going to be amazing and let's face it Lucas is going to be very rusty so what the hell maybe we should just go for it.
If we are going to lose the title we may as well go out on our shields.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Its just a chance we have to take ,I'm sure Gerrard will not shirk any challenges ....Lets just say if he plays in any combative sense then he is more
than likely to pick up another card against the Mackem's especially with Cattermole on the same pitch.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:30 pm

I think it would be best if he gets himself booked in this one and miss out on the Spurs and West Ham games. It would be risky but it's the best we can do. We all know how Gerrard is capable of raising his own and his teammates game for important matches so no way we should risk missing him against City.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Why is Gerrard being suspemded he is only on 7 bookings isnt he and isnt it 10 before he gets a 2 game ban and I thought that only occured if he had the 5 before 31st December

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:27 pm

I say let him play ride the bullet whatever happens happens, we are in great shape so no sense changing anything.

If I remember we played good enough when he was out don't need to over calculate.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:04 pm

LFC1990 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:20 pm wrote:Why is Gerrard being suspemded he is only on 7 bookings isnt he and isnt it 10 before he gets a 2 game ban and I thought that only occured if he had the 5 before 31st December

He picked up his ninth of the season against Cardiff ,one more and he incurs a ban.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:58 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:04 pm wrote:
LFC1990 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:20 pm wrote:Why is Gerrard being suspemded he is only on 7 bookings isnt he and isnt it 10 before he gets a 2 game ban and I thought that only occured if he had the 5 before 31st December

He picked up his ninth of the season against Cardiff ,one more and he incurs a ban.

:veryangry  He's a fuc'king liability !!!!

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:02 pm

Dont know why i thought he was on 7

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:48 am

It's either that or go with a very attacking formation like we did against Everton with Coutinho in midfield.
It would look something like this -

Hendo.            Allen

Coutinho

Sterling.            Sturridge.          Suarez

Very risky to play a formation like that against teams like City and especially Chelsea (who are renowned counter punchers) but then again we are at home, the atmosphere is going to be amazing and let's face it Lucas is going to be very rusty so what the hell maybe we should just go for it.
If we are going to lose the title we may as well go out on our shields.

I completely agree with this. We have been out of the title chase for too long for us to start becoming overly cautious now that there is a chance (no matter how remote) of winning the damn thing.
We have come this far playing fearless football and while it has not been good for my heart on occassions, it has worked. If we are going to go down, lets go down with all guns blazing. Just go for it. If Stevie gets banned, then so be it. One game at a time and lets see how the cards fall.

I would rather go hell for leather to ensure that we are in a position to still be in the hunt when we meet Citeh then rest Stevie or have him pull his punches and then potentially regretting it cause we may already be out of it when we face Spurs and them.

Sunderland are no pushovers and we cannot be taking them lightly and look to the next game/s.... I am of the opinion that we address the here and now first. We don't have the quality in depth of squad to be able to take risks with squad morale through regrets and "what ifs". And if we lose to Citeh? So what? We would likely have done enough to sew up 3rd spot if we beat the teams leading up to there..... and nobody can fault the team for lack of effort. While I do want to win the league, I am very happy with the progress with the team... Just go for it! If we make it, great and I will be over the moon and thousands of pounds in the black... if we don't, I will still be so proud that my heart could burst out of my chest for what we have already done.

COME ON YOU RED MEN!!!!!!!
ConnO'var

Postby kartiek » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:57 am

F*cking H*ll, I just saw the highlights of Everton v Newcastle. Is Ross Barkley the next Steven Gerrard? I mean, I hate to say that, but the boy has that same physique and technique that reminds of the early days of Gerrard's career.
kartiek

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:43 am

kartiek » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:57 am wrote:F*cking H*ll, I just saw the highlights of Everton v Newcastle. Is Ross Barkley the next Steven Gerrard? I mean, I hate to say that, but the boy has that same physique and technique that reminds of the early days of Gerrard's career.
great player.

I'd happily sign him.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:55 am

kartiek » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:57 am wrote:F*cking H*ll, I just saw the highlights of Everton v Newcastle. Is Ross Barkley the next Steven Gerrard? I mean, I hate to say that, but the boy has that same physique and technique that reminds of the early days of Gerrard's career.

His playing style is much more like that of Steve McManaman. He's direct and beats players. He's one hell of a player.

Some idiots were laughing at the suggestion he should go to the world cup and play as well...  :laugh:

Give him a couple of years to find his feet, he'll score goals and wouldn't suprise me if he developed a similar way to what Gareth Bale did.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:45 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:58 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:04 pm wrote:

:veryangry  He's a fuc'king liability !!!!

:D

:glare:  :D

Yeah, seven yellow cards in his last ten games is an astronomical rate ,its such a shame he wasn't arsed enough earlier in the season
to show the same conviction,and maybe we'd be less fretful of a ban  :p
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:46 pm

I think Gerrard would do well to pick up his last yellow today. We'll be fine without him against Spurs and whatever the team we have next. But he has to be in contention for City.
kartiek

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion