Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:31 pm wrote:
metalhead » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:01 pm wrote:LEGEND

ABSOLUTE LEGEND

HIS REACTION AT THE END AND HIS HUDDLE.... TRUE CAPTAIN

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown

Liability that lad Is...

Find it laughable that people actually wanted Lucas to play instead of Steven...

Absolutely unbelievable to be quite honest.

There's a time to settle scores.. which is not now  :p
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:52 pm

The leader of leaders! The prime example of a captain this man is. I'd be more disappointed for him than for Liverpool if we miss out on this title. No one deserves a prem title more than Stevie. His reaction at the end tells you all about this man and what a prem title means to him. If anyone was wondering what he said when he gathered everyone at the end:

"This does not f*cking slip now. Listen, listen. This is gone, we go to Norwich, exactly the same, we go again. Come on"
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:25 am

Still loving that post match interview..................None of your business  :D

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:38 am

INCREDIBLE performance by the Skipper today, one of his best ever given what was at stake. I don't know how many miles he covered but I can't remember seeing him run so much since he was a young lad starting out. That huddle at the end, I must have watched it 30 times over and find my eyes welling up and the hairs standing up on my arms every time I watch it. Stevie is usually so reserved and controlled so to see it All pouring out of him like that was amazing. This man HAS to win a league title before he retires. It just wouldn't be right if he doesn't.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:47 am

Scottbot » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:38 am wrote:INCREDIBLE performance by the Skipper today, one of his best ever given what was at stake. I don't know how many miles he covered but I can't remember seeing him run so much since he was a young lad starting out. That huddle at the end, I must have watched it 30 times over and find my eyes welling up and the hairs standing up on my arms every time I watch it. Stevie is usually so reserved and controlled so to see it All pouring out of him like that was amazing. This man HAS to win a league title before he retires. It just wouldn't be right if he doesn't.

Absolutely.
Agree with every point made here.
Job is still yet to be done and I am in superstitious mode at the moment so i wont say anything in order not to jinx it.
:D  :D
ConnO'var

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:47 am

Scottbot » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:38 am wrote:INCREDIBLE performance by the Skipper today, one of his best ever given what was at stake. I don't know how many miles he covered but I can't remember seeing him run so much since he was a young lad starting out. That huddle at the end, I must have watched it 30 times over and find my eyes welling up and the hairs standing up on my arms every time I watch it. Stevie is usually so reserved and controlled so to see it All pouring out of him like that was amazing. This man HAS to win a league title before he retires. It just wouldn't be right if he doesn't.

:buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:36 am

Absolute legend. If the team have had to help him at certain time this season yesterday wasn't one of them. Truly immense. Now where are the fkg Kleenex !!!! WELL IN CAPTAIN !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:35 pm

I actually didn't think he or Hendo had the best of games yesterday, Gerrard made some crucial blocks in defence but I felt the midfield as a whole dropped far too deep, when Toure went off our midfield should have grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck but the opposite happened, we retreated to the edge of our box.
As captain he should have been urging everyone to move up the pitch by at least 10 or 15 yards.
To be fair to him I think having this yellow card thing hanging over him like the sword of Damocles hasn't helped, Coutinho seemed to be the only one of our 3 CM's who was really snapping and biting at the ankles of City's midfielders.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:51 pm

If ever anyone deserved a league winners medal it's this guy.

Since the Villa game at home when he was poor he's been absolutely exceptional.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:11 pm

He's finally eclipsed my legendary heroes Dalglish, Souness and others as the greatest player I've seen (in my lifetime) wearing our shirt

He deserved too play in a team superior to the one that over the years he's at times so often had to carry.

Thankyou Steven George Gerrard.

It's been an absolute privilege.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:37 pm

ConnO'var » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:47 am wrote:

Absolutely.
Agree with every point made here.
Job is still yet to be done and I am in superstitious mode at the moment so i wont say anything in order not to jinx it.
:D  :D

His defensive performance was mind-blowing yesterday. He was playing like a CB at the end. It's amazing that he avoided a booking in the last three matches - superb!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:11 pm

A commanding performance from a player that can see himself finally kissing the Premiership trophy becoming more tangible with every passing game.

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:49 pm

i think everyone in the country wants to see him finally lift that fecking trophy  :nod  he has been close before and knows how quickly it can slip away so this time around im sure he will stay firmly grounded and more importantly keep the players around him from thinking its in the bag.
at this point id say the W.C is the last thing he is thinking about
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:25 pm

I don't give a fk what every 'neutral' fan in the country wants.. this guy has been absolutely immense for us this season.  Any one who thinks different needs a fist in the puss.  If his reaction to the win on Sunday didn't make you feel emotional then just fk off.... this isn't the club for you.

YNWA.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:22 pm

JC_81 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:25 pm wrote:  If his reaction to the win on Sunday didn't make you feel emotional then just fk off.... this isn't the club for you.

YNWA.

dont know where you pulled that little gem from ya muppet  :laugh:  bizarre to say the least.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion