RYAN BABEL to join Hoffenheim

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jimmy brighton » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:46 pm

p_i_n_g_u wrote:Thanks but no thanks Ryan. Summed up all that's been bad with LFC the last few years. Terrible attitude, seemed more interested in Twitter and rapping than putting in a shift on the park. Ironically was not one of the many poor Benitez signings in that he might have been good enough if he had anything between the ears. Turns out he didn't..so just added to the number of flops and poor signings brought into LFC the past few years. I looked at a list recently and besides Torres/Mash/Reina and a few others (some are still to soon to make a call on) it really is scary the number of players that have come in that were far from good enough for this club.

Hoffenheim : "We are convinced that he is a big gain for us with his character traits and his sporting qualities."

"Character trails" and "Sporting qualities"..well good luck with that

Yeah but before you make any accusatory remarks towards Rafa, remember his hands were tied, How quickly you forget the two owners we had. Rafa had to rely on selling first
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:57 pm

good luck to lad - didn't have the attitude to succeed here. best end for all parties. hopefully suarez will come in and hit the ground running!
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby p_i_n_g_u » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:04 pm

Jimmy - Listen, it's an old argument but let's say players brought in under the Benitez regime then..whoever's fault it was. Not good enough at the end of the day..which is why we are where we are.
Last edited by p_i_n_g_u on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
p_i_n_g_u

Postby Raoul » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:47 am

Well, disappointed to see Ryan go, TBH - I would have much rather seen him fulfill his potential here. But, in the end he lacked the application to do that, and sad to say, we've lost little with him gone.

Hoffenheim is a good move for him, let's hope it turns out to be a good move for Hoffenheim!
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:00 am

Goodbye and good riddance gangsta rapper, you were never good enough to be here and sadly but painfully just another flop under the Rafa era.

I think Germany and Hoffenheim maybe a really good fit as I hear it has a really good underground rapping scene...................:D
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:01 am

In fairness to Babel, he was never really given the chance to shine. Everytime he had a good game, the best he could hope for was a sub appearance in the next game. I can understand why he gave much of his time to rapping and posting on twitter, as he knew it didnt matter how he performed in a liverpool shirt, he would have time to rap or post. At liverpool he was a wasted talent, for me there is no doubt about that.

Its a good move to get rid of him now, he has become accustomed to the wage and putting his efforts into his hobbies. Its just a damn shame he wasnt given a good run of games to show he is quite a good footballer.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:38 am

how much were Birmingham willing to pay for him the last time? i'm glad he is gone but doesn't anyone think it's too cheap considering what we paid for him and the fact that they have a billionaire owner?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Octsky » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:07 am

Kharhaz wrote:In fairness to Babel, he was never really given the chance to shine. Everytime he had a good game, the best he could hope for was a sub appearance in the next game. I can understand why he gave much of his time to rapping and posting on twitter, as he knew it didnt matter how he performed in a liverpool shirt, he would have time to rap or post. At liverpool he was a wasted talent, for me there is no doubt about that.

LFC and rafa broke him
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:13 am

Kharhaz wrote:In fairness to Babel, he was never really given the chance to shine. Everytime he had a good game, the best he could hope for was a sub appearance in the next game. I can understand why he gave much of his time to rapping and posting on twitter, as he knew it didnt matter how he performed in a liverpool shirt, he would have time to rap or post. At liverpool he was a wasted talent, for me there is no doubt about that.

Its a good move to get rid of him now, he has become accustomed to the wage and putting his efforts into his hobbies. Its just a damn shame he wasnt given a good run of games to show he is quite a good footballer.

One of the more ridiculous posts that you will read. Blaming Rafa for Babel's lack of ambition.... ???
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:03 am

Good luck Ryan Babel.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:33 am

So how much did we get for him?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:35 am

5.8-6m
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:50 am

red37 wrote:Good luck Ryan Babel.

Echoed.

It didn't work out at LFC, but hopefully for Babel he can reignite his career in Germany.

Thanks for that winner against the mancs :)
JamCar05

Postby worcester_red » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:00 pm

Raoul wrote:Well, disappointed to see Ryan go, TBH - I would have much rather seen him fulfill his potential here. But, in the end he lacked the application to do that, and sad to say, we've lost little with him gone.

Hoffenheim is a good move for him, let's hope it turns out to be a good move for Hoffenheim!

What potential? he never showed any!!
worcester_red

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 pm

OneHotRed wrote:5.8-6m

I think it's a fair price... Not good enough in the PL for the bigger teams and the smaller teams couldn't afford his wages I would presume... Came in as the next thierry Henry went out as a speedy Gonzales... Those who are saying he didn't get a fair chance is fooling themselves... He got plenty of chances under Rafa and more recently under Hodgson... When we needed him to proof his talent, he had failed again and again... He maybe blessed with natural physical abilities but he doesn't have a football brain, nor does he try hard... On top of that he is frustratingly one dimensional, one-footed and a one trick pony....

He might succeed in Germany though just like the voronator...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion