Ryan Babel - What do you think ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:41 pm

How many top clubs would want Babel? Ajax perhaps, not that they're necessarily a top club at the moment or unbiased. I certainly don't believe we snatched him before anyone else got him, he's way off being good enough that if we sold him we wouldn't make a loss
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Its rafas fault now babel is playing like a donkey ? whatever the feck will he get blamed for next ? global warming ? credit crunch ? ffs some peoples hatred or dislike of rafa totally clouds any proper judgement and its plain to see here
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:45 pm

GYBS wrote:Its rafas fault now babel is playing like a donkey ? whatever the feck will he get blamed for next ? global warming ? credit crunch ? ffs some peoples hatred or dislike of rafa totally clouds any proper judgement and its plain to see here

Band wagon ?
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:50 pm

I think babel would do great at a team like spurs or pompy.. The lad has got no vision or a footballing brain.. His like forrest gump.. Get the ball and run my a.ss off.. He has been given some opportunities upfront but does not deliver..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:50 pm

you want to blame the bandwagon ?

Its called seeing what is in front of me and seeing that babel has been a big dissapointment because of babel himself, you rattle on and spout on about depressed and all the bullsh it without having any facts to back up any suggestions .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:01 pm

GYBS wrote:you want to blame the bandwagon ?

Its called seeing what is in front of me and seeing that babel has been a big dissapointment because of babel himself, you rattle on and spout on about depressed and all the bullsh it without having any facts to back up any suggestions .

na i am tierd today can't be assed to go looking on stats sites to show you his record last season as it was good for time on pitch/goals and assist.

Plus do it ya self in stead of asking me I ain't ya slave.

You like one of those kids I see following round mummy asking question after question go work it out for ya self.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Owen was talented, Fowler, Rush, Torres, Kenny, Keegan, Tosh, Aldo, Beardo et al.....  I dont see any of that in Babel.

We dont need a nice lad, we need a precision striker.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:04 pm

Reg wrote:Owen was talented, Fowler, Rush, Torres, Kenny, Keegan, Tosh, Aldo, Beardo et al.....  I dont see any of that in Babel.

We dont need a nice lad, we need a precision striker.

Be nice to see tho what babel be like when he moves to a club with good coachs rather then our sub standard ones.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:06 pm

STOP TALKING UTTER B0LL0CKS
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:08 pm

He's kak

Can 't assed saying anyhting else about the lad, we all know he is talentless!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:11 pm

I would be fascinated to see how Babel gets on at another club, under a different manager--preferably in England, to keep the comparison strong.  It would at least bring this debate closer to a reasonable resolution.  IMO, he'd be a decent player in a mid-table side but would never hit the heights.  He'd be a cut below the Ashley Youngs, SWPs, Aaron Lennons and David Bentleys of the league primarily because he lacks the bottle to truly excel in English football.  Move him over to the continent and he may raise his game another notch given the less physical approach.  Top class player, though?  Never in a million years. :no
Last edited by Bad Bob on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Spot on bob - was really happy when we got and thought he could be a really good player with his skills and ability but these days he just reminds me off gonzalez - lots of pace but no brain to actually do something with it . was positive about the lad for a while but he just never seems to cut it .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Remarkably Babel has played some part in each of our last 15 games, shame the last time he scored was right at the beginning of that 15 game run!

Babel Goals & Appearances

2008/09

Appearances : 33 >> P33 W17 D12 L4
Minutes : 1441
Goals : 3
Mins/Goal : 480

60+ mins : 2 goals in 13 apps, 1309 mins (655 mins/goal)
Under 60 mins : 1 goal in 20 apps, 132 mins (132 mins/goal)

2007/08

Appearances : 49 >> P49 W28 D13 L8
Minutes : 2565
Goals : 10
Mins/Goal : 257

60+ mins : 3 goals in 27 apps, 1811 mins (604 mins/goal)
Under 60 mins : 7 goals in 22 apps, 754 mins (108 mins/goal)

Supersub last season, SEVEN of his 13 goals have come in brief cameos of under 30 mins although he played the full game for two of his goals this season - the other a winnnig goal as sub against the mancs.

Hard to believe he's notched up 82 appearances when Liverpool have only played 101 in 07/08 and 08/09 combined. He's made 10 more appearances than Torres, but played 1429 less minutes and played the full 90 mins in just 15 games (four goals)

Anyone has the assists they can easily use the appearances and minutes played to do his assist rate.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Riera's suspended against Madrid and there still no way in a million years that he'll start. I think Benayoun will probably play left side and even if he was injured, Rafa would probably play Insua left back and Aurelio left midfield.

He won't be here next season imo. Considering Wenger was looking at him before we signed him it would have been interesting to see how much game time he would have got at Arsenal compared to here.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:51 pm

stmichael wrote:Riera's suspended against Madrid

Jeez poor fella hardly puts a tackle in and he's suspended, how did that happen?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion