Particularly Lucas but also Ryan Babel, - I know it's early but ..........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:14 pm

Marcos wrote:I am a gremio fan and i feel really happy to see lucas doing so well. I go to many liverpool matches
as i am living in liverpool. Lucas was a good player for us but he is no were near as good as anderson,
this is another example of man scum getting the cream of the crop and liverpool getting the scraps.

:( :( :(

Please , i don't see a great deal about anderson , infact i think he is overrated , lucas is better from what i have seen so far , he can defend and attack also , Anderson can only defend ,also to show u again who was better , Lucas won  an award i can't recall its name ,which was also  won by kaka and also he was the captain of the brazilian under 21 , not anderson. Anderson cost them a whooping 17 million , Lucas cost us 5 million upfront with the price rising to 8 , thats almost 10 million less then anderson . How can u say that liverpool getting the scraps , so lucas is scraps compared to anderson ??
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:57 pm

Marcos wrote:Since anderson has been at man u he has been quality he has benched carrick hargreaves. I went to
the liverpool man utd game at anfield, anderson was awsome in that game liverpool should of got him
instead. :(  :(  :(

I don't believe this, a Gremio fan would never say that.  It's not so hard to bench overrated defensive players like Hegreaves and Carrick.  I honestly don't know how United could have spent so much money on Anderson, he's good but 17mil for him was a robbery. 

Buying Lucas was a much better deal, I have no doubt that he will become a world class player.  Don't forget he snubbed Man U to join us and now Real are looking to steal him from us.  They'll both be great players, but there's no doubt that we got a much better deal.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Marcos » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:58 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Marcos wrote:I am a gremio fan and i feel really happy to see lucas doing so well. I go to many liverpool matches
as i am living in liverpool. Lucas was a good player for us but he is no were near as good as anderson,
this is another example of man scum getting the cream of the crop and liverpool getting the scraps.

Please , i don't see a great deal about anderson , infact i think he is overrated , lucas is better from what i have seen so far , he can defend and attack also , Anderson can only defend ,also to show u again who was better , Lucas won  an award i can't recall its name ,which was also  won by kaka and also he was the captain of the brazilian under 21 , not anderson. Anderson cost them a whooping 17 million , Lucas cost us 5 million upfront with the price rising to 8 , thats almost 10 million less then anderson . How can u say that liverpool getting the scraps , so lucas is scraps compared to anderson ??

Your carzy anderson got the best player in the under 20's
championship. Anderson single hand got gremio to the brazilian league, anderson is quicker stronger he is a better passer of the ball. Lucas is a good player, lucas is not a playmaker he passes the simple then moves around the pitch.
I can not bring my self to think how someone can say anderson cant attack did you watch liverpool man u when he
sprinted away from gerrard. look at this run and tell me lucas
can do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSXNPdVh89A
Marcos

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:14 pm

Marcos wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

Your carzy anderson got the best player in the under 20's
championship. Anderson single hand got gremio to the brazilian league, anderson is quicker stronger he is a better passer of the ball. Lucas is a good player, lucas is not a playmaker he passes the simple then moves around the pitch.
I can not bring my self to think how someone can say anderson cant attack did you watch liverpool man u when he
sprinted away from gerrard. look at this run and tell me lucas
can do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSXNPdVh89A

Bye then wum.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:59 am

i have to agree anderson is slightly above lucas in my view but i rate lucas very highly. lucas is also a couple yrs ahead of anderson. anderson went to europe earlier because of a outstanding under 17 world cup where he destroyed every1.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Marcos » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:11 pm

mungi wrote:i have to agree anderson is slightly above lucas in my view but i rate lucas very highly. lucas is also a couple yrs ahead of anderson. anderson went to europe earlier because of a outstanding under 17 world cup where he destroyed every1.

Plus lucas is 21 anderson is 19 celsinho is more talented than
lucas. This is why liverpool will not challenge for the league agian for a long time, just buy the second rate players.
Marcos

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:44 pm

Marcos wrote:
mungi wrote:i have to agree anderson is slightly above lucas in my view but i rate lucas very highly. lucas is also a couple yrs ahead of anderson. anderson went to europe earlier because of a outstanding under 17 world cup where he destroyed every1.

Plus lucas is 21 anderson is 19 celsinho is more talented than
lucas. This is why liverpool will not challenge for the league agian for a long time, just buy the second rate players.

Ok whatever.... you've made your point..... seeing as you are obviously not a Liverpool fan, what on earth are you doing on our forum?......

Make sure your @rse doesn't meet the door on your way out.
ConnO'var

Postby Paul C » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:48 pm

It's crazy when people talk about Babel and Lucas as being young tallent at the age of 21, makes you realise that players like Rooney (at 16) and Owen (at 17) were pure freaks of nature to come into the prem and make an impact straight away, imo by the age of 19 players should start to make appearences for first teams and start breaking through.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:08 pm

Paul C wrote:It's crazy when people talk about Babel and Lucas as being young tallent at the age of 21, makes you realise that players like Rooney (at 16) and Owen (at 17) were pure freaks of nature to come into the prem and make an impact straight away, imo by the age of 19 players should start to make appearences for first teams and start breaking through.

If they're good enough they're old enough no question, but I think it partly depends on the position of the player. You won't find many 19 year old centre-halves breaking into the starting line-ups of Premiership sides too often. They usually start breaking in at the age of 21 onwards, once they've matured sufficiently physically. Aged 17, 18, 19 they generally require a few more years to build they're strength. The same applies with Goalkeepers.

Midfielders and forwards can really break in at any time, physical stature isn't as much of an issue and pure talent can be enough to get them into the side.

On the subject, I think Babel's a really tough one to call at the minute, he's shown flickers of talent and flair but overall hasn't been greatly impressive, but then again, few of our players have been this season. It'll be next season where expectations will rise significantly, I hope by then we've sorted out the stuation with our forwards (Voronin out/possibly Kuyt depending on fee), signed a left winger and hopefully he can then play through the middle.

I think Lucas is a safer bet in that I think he has the quality, I just think he needs the experience, when and how he'll get that is difficult to foresee (Whether Mascherano stays + his form, Alonso's form).
LFC2007

Postby Paul C » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:17 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Paul C wrote:It's crazy when people talk about Babel and Lucas as being young tallent at the age of 21, makes you realise that players like Rooney (at 16) and Owen (at 17) were pure freaks of nature to come into the prem and make an impact straight away, imo by the age of 19 players should start to make appearences for first teams and start breaking through.

If they're good enough they're old enough no question, but I think it partly depends on the position of the player. You won't find many 19 year old centre-halves breaking into the starting line-ups of Premiership sides too often. They usually start breaking in at the age of 21 onwards, once they've matured sufficiently physically. Aged 17, 18, 19 they generally require a few more years to build they're strength. The same applies with Goalkeepers.

Midfielders and forwards can really break in at any time, physical stature isn't as much of an issue and pure talent can be enough to get them into the side.

On the subject, I think Babel's a really tough one to call at the minute, he's shown flickers of talent and flair but overall hasn't been greatly impressive, but then again, few of our players have been this season. It'll be next season where expectations will rise significantly, I hope by then we've sorted out the stuation with our forwards (Voronin out/possibly Kuyt depending on fee), signed a left winger and hopefully he can then play through the middle.

I think Lucas is a safer bet in that I think he has the quality, I just think he needs the experience, when and how he'll get that is difficult to foresee (Whether Mascherano stays + his form, Alonso's form).

Pretty much spot on there mate, Lucas looks very promising but I think we'll have to wait till next season to see Babel producing the goods.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:25 pm

Kukilon wrote:
Marcos wrote:Since anderson has been at man u he has been quality he has benched carrick hargreaves. I went to
the liverpool man utd game at anfield, anderson was awsome in that game liverpool should of got him
instead. :(  :(  :(

Get your SCUM :censored: off our message board.

yes how dare you mention that a Man Utd player might be better than a Liverpool player, Everyone knows we are the best in the world, our current league position is just an illusion, we have actually won every single game this season.

BTW I'm being ironic but this must be how some of you d1ck heads actually think, leave the lad alone, he was actually making a good point as opposed to the sh1t and abuse most of you lot speak!!  :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry
heimdall

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:00 am

Not another dig at rafa or babel....but this is the reason why i think we need a technical advisor to be in charge of scouting and signing the right players for this league.

Rafa is the best coach in the world...(or at least one of the best)....i give him that. So it makes sense if he concentrates more of his time in this area than delegating his time between various duties...

Babel could turn out to be a world beater in a few years time (or not)... but wouldn't it have been better if rafa had spent the money on someone who could have immediately improved the team now ...... instead of signing someone who could be good in a few seasons...

Once again...its not a dig at rafa. Just think he needs help to take care of non-core stuff....so that rafa can concentrate on getting the team ready on match day..........coaching :D

Bring in King Kenny as a technical advisor..... :buttrock

FROM F365:

Liverpool forward Ryan Babel has admitted that he "can't physically cope" with the pace of the Premier League.

The 21-year-old Dutch international hasn't started a Premier League game since Boxing Day and has told Liverpool's official programme that he needs more time to adapt to the Premier League.

"I can't physically cope with the terrific pace of the Premier League. I invariably face a tall task, even also against the so-called small teams," said Babel.

"I would obviously relish more playing time."

Babel has started only five league games this season since completing his £11.5million move from Ajax in the summer but says he appreciates Rafael Benitez's ideas and believes they will benefit him in the long run.

"I am ambitious and want to play. I am sometimes a bit disappointed not to play but I appreciate Benitez's ideas.

"He adopts a rotation policy, I knew that beforehand. He has his own special ideas. He announces his starting XI one hour before kick-off. He will never give a hint at training whether you start or not.

"But I don't think it is awkward for me not be on the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

"We play compact as a team and must be on the move constantly, closing down opponents all over the park. I must provide cover for the left-back but I never shirk my duties anymore and nobody will ever catch me napping."
Last edited by The_Rock on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:25 am

The_Rock wrote:Babel could turn out to be a world beater in a few years time (or not)... but wouldn't it have been better if rafa had spent the money on someone who could have immediately improved the team now ...... instead of signing someone who could be good in a few seasons...

Look at Arsenal, Wenger buys players that will be good in a couple of years time and look at the football they are producing at the moment. If we had not bought Babel and Arsenal did and in a couple of years he is a 'world beater' for them we would be moaning about why we never bought him.

Rafa just cannot win, when he buys players for the future, he is accused of wasting money and should buy for now, if he does'nt he is accused of neglecting the future
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:15 am

Heimdall ,you are a first class bellend mate.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:59 am

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ill say it again shall i......any1 who doubts that babel will be a world beater 4 us is an absolute retard & shouldnt be puttin their comments on these forums becoz u r making people dumber by reading them & its unfair

anderson is quality but so is babel & dont 4get anderson is playin in a team that is flying & whos scored more goals even though thier playin out of position hmmmmm

look at the start of the season when utd were struggling anderson was playin :censored: & fans where gettin on his bk

lets not 4get anderson cost the same as lucas & babel put together......so i think weve got the betta deal on that 1

people go on about benitez bein given this much 2 spend on the squad but besides voronin all the buys have been quality

torres - world class striker - check

babel & lucas - potentially world class players - check

benayoun - classy player who will get goal that garcia got 4 us - check

voronin - ???
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion