Ryan Babel - What do you think ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:32 am

Lazy :censored:
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:32 am

I said lazy B******
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:34 am

This lad has more footballing talent in his wee finger than any creative player LFC has ever had. But he is the laziest footballer i have ever seen no wonder arsenal and Man U rejected him
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:37 am

The worst part of it it that a player like Nani for Man United with get in our team ahead of Babel because he is a better player and he cant get a sniff for United
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:28 am

about 8m lost on keane in just six months, babel apparantly way over the odds, 10m for kuyt, add in pennant, bellamy and how much lfc money has been wasted on attacking players (i think the jury is out on babel, if he got a proper run in the team).

rafa did well with reina, agger,skrtel, mascherano is okay, but i think he is better at defensive players than attacking ones.

Torres is probably the only sucessful attacking signing.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:16 am

Effes wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Babel is a player with talent , he's strong in the air , got loads of pace , his touch has been slightly better thsis season but his crossing needs to be worked on . All i'm saying is give him a decent run out in the team and we will see whether he can cut it or not , if not loan him and lucas out to where they can get first team football which will help their development

I gotta disagree mate.

Could you please explain to me how/why you think he's strong in the air? Bit baffled.

The few times he has played as a striker , when a balls' launched towards him he always wins it , i've seen him do it against JT and we saw that against real madrid , he should be given a real shot up there as i think he has something to offer
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:17 am

frankp57 wrote:Quite simply he hasn't produced since arriving at the club. Nor does it look as though he will either. It would seem that Rafa prefers to use him as an impact player but has he ever been used regularly in that role before for either Ajax or Holland?. He prefers to play as a striker and strikers are so reliant on confidence. Clearly his confidence is shot at.

So when he is very often used as a last 10 minute sub left-winger what exactly are we expecting from him. What is Rafa expecting from him. Sometimes it makes you wonder what coaches see in a player to think that they can turn him into a totally different player.

In short we signed a centre-forward. Rafa is trying to turn him into a left-winger. He's not a left-winger. So either play him as a centre-forward or get rid.

spot on
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Salty Sock » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:49 am

frankp57 wrote:Quite simply he hasn't produced since arriving at the club. Nor does it look as though he will either. It would seem that Rafa prefers to use him as an impact player but has he ever been used regularly in that role before for either Ajax or Holland?. He prefers to play as a striker and strikers are so reliant on confidence. Clearly his confidence is shot at.

So when he is very often used as a last 10 minute sub left-winger what exactly are we expecting from him. What is Rafa expecting from him. Sometimes it makes you wonder what coaches see in a player to think that they can turn him into a totally different player.

In short we signed a centre-forward. Rafa is trying to turn him into a left-winger. He's not a left-winger. So either play him as a centre-forward or get rid.

Great post :)
You haven't been here long too, quite an inspirational impact friend. Hope you post more!
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby MASTER » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:10 pm

Big Niall wrote:about 8m lost on keane in just six months, babel apparantly way over the odds, 10m for kuyt, add in pennant, bellamy and how much lfc money has been wasted on attacking players (i think the jury is out on babel, if he got a proper run in the team).

rafa did well with reina, agger,skrtel, mascherano is okay, but i think he is better at defensive players than attacking ones.

Torres is probably the only sucessful attacking signing.

But hasn't Rafa always said it is much easier to coach a team to defend properly than attack with creativity and direction.

But I also think if LFC had better plays to retain the ball and create overloads for him and he could easily be a valuable weapon, we have seen flashes of brilliance but possibly lack of confidence.
MASTER

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:28 am

I just think he is a young lad thats was unlucky enuff to get signed by a manager who hates flair players and don't know how to work them into his side. ???
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:31 am

LegBarnes wrote:I just think he is a young lad thats was unlucky enuff to get signed by a manager who hates flair players and don't know how to work them into his side. ???

If it's true that Rafa does hate flair players Barnsey (and I'm not necessarily disagreeing here) I still don't see how that impacts upon Babel. He might be able to spin an empty bottle of Vodka around on the back of his hand for all I know, but on a football pitch his "flair" these days largely amounts to the fact he can run quite fast. When he's in the mood.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:34 am

bigmick wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:I just think he is a young lad thats was unlucky enuff to get signed by a manager who hates flair players and don't know how to work them into his side. ???

If it's true that Rafa does hate flair players Barnsey (and I'm not necessarily disagreeing here) I still don't see how that impacts upon Babel. He might be able to spin an empty bottle of Vodka around on the back of his hand for all I know, but on a football pitch his "flair" these days largely amounts to the fact he can run quite fast. When he's in the mood.

Aye I agree mick he hasn't looked good of late a shadow you might say from what we seen from him in his first season at club ?

Maybe tho on flip side this might just be to the natural tallent rafa seems to have of sucking the confidence out of players ?

I meen its hard for a young lad from holland to come over here but to do well first season and then only get a few subs in the whole first of half of next season and to be exspected to perform is a big ask.

Also Do you feel he has performed any worse then torres has on his return I remeber alot of people saying Torres is back but he needs games for fitness and sharpness but tbh fair when its babel every one expsects him to perform right out of the box.

Its double standards I tell you and for the pro rafas babel as a few others are easy targets.
Last edited by LegBarnes on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:36 am

I think Babel is overated, lazy, a player lacking in flair with no vision, and very litle confidence in his own ability to take players on. Get rid at the end of the season i say.  :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:40 am

REDTILLDEAD wrote:I think Babel is overated, lazy, a player lacking in flair with no vision, and very litle confidence in his own ability to take players on. Get rid at the end of the season i say.  :nod

I say the lad is depressed cos he has a manager with no faith in him If he played for Harry you would see 150% improvement no worries.

In fact its prob what rafa should have done start of last season think to him self I am not gonna play him much loaned him to pompy and see how things went with him.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:11 am

if babel was made of the necessary stuff to succeed at a big club then the lack of playing time or unfamiliarity with a certain playing position wouldn't matter so much. if ryan babel really wanted to succeed at liverpool football club he would put in a little bit of effort when he is on the pitch, wherever he is on the pitch. the fact is that he doesn't and so he won't.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion