Fee agreed for ryan babel

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:19 pm

BEN [Holland] wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I think he's a cracking player, one of the most talented youngsters we could have bought, I reckon he'll be a revelation for us. We've needed pace, power and dribbling ability and that's what he'll bring, he's quality. The doubters will always pop up and Stu will always say we should have signed Anelka :laugh: but I have the utmost confidence in Babel and think he will be a top top player in years to come.

Hi Guys, i'm from Holland and a huge fan of Feyenoord Rotterdam. Thanks to Dirk Kuyt i also watch all the Liverpool games.

So back ontopic: Because i live in Holland and know the eredivisie and Ryan Babel very well, i want to say to the fans of Liverpool that the money Liverpool spent on Ryan is a bit too much!! Ryan is a talented player, but not the most talented player in Holland. He played a lot of games for Ajax, but never convinced me! Maybe he will in the future, but i think he has a long way to go.

But i give him the bennefit of the doubt and i'll hope he gives Liverpool a big boost in the front!

how do you compare babel to kuyt?

11.5 is not too bad IMO... sounds alot better than 13 million even thought it's only 1.5 million less...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Happy-Punter » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:45 pm

I dont know anything about this player but I have high hopes for him. If Wenger wanted him, and Rafas now got him thats good enough for me. I just subscribed to Setanta Sports broadband which seems better than the freeview subscription as I get channels 1 and 2 as well as a sports archive of replays. Watching Voronin at the mo from Bayer Leverkusen V Bayen last year and will watch a few Ajax games thats in the archive after for Babels performances.
Happy-Punter

Postby Mike1976 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:55 pm

maguskwt wrote:how do you compare babel to kuyt?

Babel is the complete opposite of Kuyt. Kuyt depends on hard work, small spaces, where as Babel needs space to make use of his speed. When he's not touching the ball it looks like you're playing with 10 rather than 11. Their qualities are totally different.
Mike1976

Postby Babel » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:29 pm

Hi, I am from Holland and I am a big Ajax fan.

We feel that Liverpool spent to much money for Ryan, 17 mlj euro's is a lot of money for a player like Babel. Of course he is a big talent striker, who can also play as a left winger, but the price Liverpool payt for Ryan is a bit too much. Of course I wish him luck and I hope he is gonna make it (in England, my favorite club is Liverpool so .... :D

And about Arsenal: Wenger showt 3 times some interest for this player, and Babel wanted to go to Arsenal. But I think that he chosen now for Liverpool, because of your trainer, from who he got a lot of trust, and because Liverpool didn't only talk, but they were actually doing sometingh.
Babel

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:50 pm

started a new game of footie manager and put torres, babel, benayoun and the ukraine guy at liverpool

torres 4 goals in 10 so far, first teamer

benayoun is a bit part player

babel off the bench is a great option, 4 goals in 7, all sub app

the ukraine guy has barely seen the pitch, he isnt good enough
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGw6lgmYrzo

i can see the comparisons between him and Henry

also babel has been capped by the full dutch team 14 times and has scored 4 times.......didnt know that stat till now

i know you tube compilations can make anyone look good, but i like the look of his pace and touch
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:11 pm

this goal here is like henry in descuise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=

great confidence and feet
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby shanks » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:56 pm

this lad looks talented and a good prospect cant wait till the season starts :;):
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Happy-Punter » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:57 pm

Tom De Mul plays on the right for Ajax and he looks very impressive. How much do the Ajax supporters on this forum rate him? Maybe not as big and quick or as much scope as Babel but his technique acceleration and trickery looked very good to me for a young player.
Happy-Punter

Postby Happy-Punter » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:14 am

Ahh I think Seville have bought this fella so dont worry :)
Happy-Punter

Postby matrix » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:31 am

babel looks real good,  he reminds me of an early anelka...  :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:16 am

Babel will be our star buy, not torres i reckon. Torres has the pressure, babel will just get on with it. of course id like them both to have stunning seasons but i think a few people are under estimating babel
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Babel » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:23 pm

Happy-Punter wrote:Tom De Mul plays on the right for Ajax and he looks very impressive. How much do the Ajax supporters on this forum rate him? Maybe not as big and quick or as much scope as Babel but his technique acceleration and trickery looked very good to me for a young player.

If I should rate Tom de Mul (i'am a ajax supporter) then I give him a 4. He just can handel te level. When the season this year started, he played okay, but the last 3 or 4 months, he played awful.

He was called Tom de Nul (Nul in Dutch means zero in Englisch :;):
Babel

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:17 pm

Don't know much bout him but from his comments on soccernet, he appears to have confidence in his ability.
As long as it is not over confidence, then that's a good thing i reckon....

Anyone know bout his off-field inclinations/activities..... I hope he's not one of those party boys who thinks he's already made it!
ConnO'var

Postby kunilson » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:24 pm

well i read in a paper, that he was once criticised for certain areas of his technique, and his response to this was to get a personal coach and work his @rse off until he smoothed over his faults...he also worked under Van Basten which he described as the best experience of his life....
kunilson
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion