Ryan Babel - What do you think ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:22 pm

bigmick wrote:
stmichael wrote:Riera's suspended against Madrid

Jeez poor fella hardly puts a tackle in and he's suspended, how did that happen?

Accumulation of yellows, he got  yellow in the second half, but I don't remember exactly when.

Ah, yes, it was that unvoluntary hand ball.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oreilly » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:49 pm

I was delighted when we bought him....spent a summer with an arsenal fan raving about him .....they were supposely in the hunt for him until we snatched him , i realise now why Wenger didnt bother following up on him
oreilly

Postby red_guy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:27 am

Sabre wrote:
bigmick wrote:
stmichael wrote:Riera's suspended against Madrid

Jeez poor fella hardly puts a tackle in and he's suspended, how did that happen?

Accumulation of yellows, he got  yellow in the second half, but I don't remember exactly when.

Ah, yes, it was that unvoluntary hand ball.

yeah..shouldn't be a yellow. That ref is an idiot.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:28 am

oreilly wrote:i realise now why Wenger didnt bother following up on him

That's what I've thought too.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:15 am

red_guy wrote:yeah..shouldn't be a yellow. That ref is an idiot.

I blame the footballing authorities who see in black and white, yellow and red, and won't change decisions regardless their consequences.

The FA are bad, I assume UEFA are the same. Player gets a yellow for a red card offence, the FA won't upgrade it to a red. Ref sees an offence and does nothing, the FA won't either. Player gets a red card for a (minimum) yellow card offence, the FA won't do anything. Or put simply, the FA won't do FA about most things in order to "protect" referees.

People make mistakes, normally in a workplace you correct a mistake if one has been made and you know it. But not in football, ref makes a mistake and the FA back them in their mistakes. We lose players through suspension for reffing mistakes, bad enough if it's a sending off in a game (Lucas), but to then have it rubbed in by a suspension takes the P.

As I mentioned a few times before, Ronaldo should have seen at least two yellows against Blackburn, he scored the winner. Should have been sent off, but because the ref saw the incidents and/or acted on them, the FA won't correct that mistake and award him a red and suspension. It's a lottery, some benefit from it and others suffer it.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DanAn » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:16 am

He does not fit at Liverpool IMO. I think we should sell him and but a genuine target man striker like Santa Cruiz and a creative quick left winger.
DanAn

Postby loopyliverpool » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:52 am

DanAn wrote:He does not fit at Liverpool IMO. I think we should sell him and but a genuine target man striker like Santa Cruiz and a creative quick left winger.

Downing would be a good buy I reckon. Knows the premier league, is pacey, can cross a ball, consistent... skill factor a little short but still high quality. Has played well in a relatively poor Boro team. Lets not see another decent player go to Spurs... they seem to snap up everyone these days.
loopyliverpool

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion