Real madrid worry

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:22 am

Well with their 3rd loss on the trot, 3 players sent off last night, and reports coming from Spain is that Real are about to make Rafa an offer he cannot refuse.
So will he or wont he?
Will he see out his contract with us? Worrying times ahead indeed.  Chris Bascombes article incase most of you havent read it from saturdays Echo here it is.

while liverpool reigned in spain on tuesday ,real madrids' campaign began in turmoil.A defeat to lyon has ,strangely caused some liverpool fans to delight in the plight of the galacticos.

This relationship reflects the increasingly tense relationship between the european champions and the spanish club ,whose recent performance on the pitch does not match their success in the transfer market.
madrid defeated liverpool over micheal owen twice in consecutive years and prevented the comfortable passage of luis figo.

Little wonder their result in midweek was met with a jovial response on merseyside.
on reflection ,however, real madrid should immediately become the second team of liverpool fans.
As much as it may hurt to wish the white club goodwill,the better they are, the more stable life at anfield will be in the years to come .

The reason for this ,if or course ,rafa benitez.
When wanderlry luxembourgo is sacked in the next few weeks or months,only one name willtop the wanted list of the madrid press.

Some officials at madrid know it is only a matter of time before benitez decides to pursue his dream of managing his hometown club .

The day will come when pressure from fans is such ,Madrid's ultra arrogant board will decide the time has come to appoint their saviour and bring the increasingly blemished era of the galactico to an end.

When luxembourgo leaves ,there is sure to be a nervous period in the anfield boardroom ,although fortuntely the timing this season is not likely to lead to a calamitous series of events.

As long as fiorentino perez is real madrid president, benitez is too clever to accept the managers post at a club he can see requires as much rebuilding as liverpool when he took over.
Madrid are the opposite of liverpool.They give their manager unlimited millions of pounds rather than plenty of time.

It will take a major shift in the madrid's boardroom ,and the unthinkable prospect of the manager at the bernabeu having full control over team affairs ,before any nightmare scenerio unfolds and benitez accepts their calling.

That said ,theres no room for complacency at anfield .
Assuming benitez will resist whats becoming an annual call for his services back home would be a dangerous miscalculation.
the liverpool manager is happy with life on merseyside for now,but it remains essential for the anfield to do everything possible to indulge the man capable of bringing the premiersip home one day.

the spaniard is trying to to make changes behind the scenes and has found some decisions harder to enforce than others.
Its not going to far to say ,he doesn't fell like everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.

Since the european cup win ,benitez's reputation on the kop has grown immensly and it could be there are those at anfield whose are using their experience of the last era to prevent the manager taking complete control on every decision behind the scenes.Checks and blanaces must always be in place.
in 2001 ,its no exaggeration to point to gerard houllier's reputation,with the liverpool fans at least , was the same as that of benitez.

houllier was sure to win the title ,or so everyone though.
Accurately or not ,the liverpool board gave the impression it was run by him.The manager was allowed too much power in the aftermath of the cup treble.

Every decision he took seeemed to pass unquestioned as his famous temper tended to et its own way .His judgement proved flawed ,in retrospect ,and liverpool voweed never to allow a repeat.

Stung by the recent past ,maybe its understandbale liverpool are taking stock before allowing the same mistakes to be made,although in this instance the difference is massive .
benitez is not houllier .This is not 2001.Liverpool are right to learn from recent mistakes ,but upsetting their current manager would be the biggest c**k up in their history.

The shadow of real madrid looms large and will continue to do so unless a formidable manager is at place at the bernabeu.
So wish the galacticos all the luck in the world ,and pray their minor difficulties behind the scenes at anfield are resolved .
otherwise ,real madrid's theft of micheal owen will seem like an insignificant misdeamor compared to the snatching of the liverpool manager."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:29 am

i had this thought at lunch today lynds when i was reading the paper, how long until real come knocking again.

good post
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:40 am

peewee wrote:i had this thought at lunch today lynds when i was reading the paper, how long until real come knocking again.

There 2 new billion pound signing plus Beckham got sent off, 3 loss'es on the trot with all their Gallaticos, Luxembourgo wont be there much longer, and they will pull out all the stops to get Rafa, but WILL he go there with current board room rulling the manager at the bernabeu and having a say in who plays and who doesnt its a hard one.
But Rafa has won the La Liga twice so he doesnt really have nothing to prove in Spain does he?
He has something to prove in the Prem but with Chelsea already looking likely to be winning the title till Romans rubbles dry up, its a hard task for every manager apart from Maureen in the prem.
Our friend Alan Curbishleyy said on saturday Chelsea have ruined the prem and he was glad SG didnt join them, and something must be done to put a stop to there transfer dealings.
What was interesting was the timing of Chris Bascombes article on saturday, that something is not right behind the scenes at Liverpool and maybe Parry and Moores where not to generous with their wallets in the transfer window just incase Rafa does upsticks and leave, leaving behind players that another manager will get rid of with more millions lost.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:44 am

I agree Lynds its obvious Madrid will come calling again,i just think Rafa is more intelligent to want to put himself in that particular fire that is real madrid
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:18 am

I seriously doubt he'll leave, he isn't the type of man to leave when his job is not even near finished. Add to that the impact on his family, as his young daughters would be just starting to adapt to life in Liverpool, and then he uproots them all again? I don't think so.

Then their is the whole Perez issue. Rafa left Valencia for this exact reason, too much politics and board interference at the club. Real Madrid is very unstable and athough Rafa may be there in the future, he definitely won't be their next manager IMO.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:22 am

LFC #1 wrote:I seriously doubt he'll leave, he isn't the type of man to leave when his job is not even near finished. Add to that the impact on his family, as his young daughters would be just starting to adapt to life in Liverpool, and then he uproots them all again? I don't think so.

Then their is the whole Perez issue. Rafa left Valencia for this exact reason, too much politics and board interference at the club. Real Madrid is very unstable and athough Rafa may be there in the future, he definitely won't be their next manager IMO.

I reckon thats just about right.

Doesnt matter who manages them, if the boards interfearence and Rauls dictating doesnt stop they will never be successful again.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:13 am

CIGGY girl, you knows I loves ya, but this type of post is exactly why women should not follow football.

Knee jerk to say the least, if you think that posting stuff about the manager leaving everytime we or Madrid get a bad result is a good idea, then you are well well well wide of the mark.

Just to reiterate CIGGY, I loves you, but this aint good for you or the other members of the board to be thinking like this.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:22 am

Real Madrid are sh*it, and this is good.
Rafa is our man, and as long a Real slump, I am happy.
Yeah the threat is there that they may swipe him off us, But I believe the great man that is Rafa, will rebuild Liverpool as the Bastion of the Premier League.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:33 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:CIGGY girl, you knows I loves ya, but this type of post is exactly why women should not follow football.

Knee jerk to say the least, if you think that posting stuff about the manager leaving everytime we or Madrid get a bad result is a good idea, then you are well well well wide of the mark.

Just to reiterate CIGGY, I loves you, but this aint good for you or the other members of the board to be thinking like this.

Chris Bascombe is not a woman either and I would'nt say he has a knee jerk reaction, this article was in the echo on saturday, I am just quoting it or is that not aloud ???

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:45 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:CIGGY girl, you knows I loves ya, but this type of post is exactly why women should not follow football.

Chris Bascombe is not a woman either and I would'nt say he has a knee jerk reaction, this article was in the echo on saturday, I am just quoting it or is that not aloud ???

Dont throw a hissy fit.

Chris Bascombe is paid to write stories to sell papers. Everything is OK does not do that, however shock horror, back stabbing and traitors do.

Nuff said.

As I said though, I does loves you CIGGY, just a bit of an over reaction in terms of two points dropped and this thread. If we'd have scored against the mancs, that Bascombe article would not have been posted me thinks.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:46 am

There is no way that Rafa will go anywhere near them, he will lose the total control that he wants over football matters, he will have constant meddling from the board and his contract will not be worth the paper it is printed on.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:51 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Dont throw a hissy fit.

Chris Bascombe is paid to write stories to sell papers. Everything is OK does not do that, however shock horror, back stabbing and traitors do.

Nuff said.

As I said though, I does loves you CIGGY, just a bit of an over reaction in terms of two points dropped and this thread. If we'd have scored against the mancs, that Bascombe article would not have been posted me thinks.

??? Whos a  Back stabbing traitor Leon ???
this very same topic that was posted on RAWK on Saturday before we even played the mancs, I posted it cause Madrid got beat last night, I didnt even mention our game yesterday.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:53 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Dont throw a hissy fit.

Nuff said.

??? Whos a  Back stabbing traitor Leon ???
this very same topic that was posted on RAWK on Saturday before we even played the mancs, I posted it cause Madrid got beat last night, I didnt even mention our game yesterday.

Chill CIGGY baby, I meant stories about those things.

Be  :cool:  CIGGY, be  :cool: .
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:58 am

Anyone would be a fool to take the Real job, even if your successful you'll last 4/5 years top, I can't see them sorting themselves out unless they get rid of the primadonna's :)

I hate Real and hope Rafa tells them to go fu.ck themselves!! :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:03 pm

ahh

I always thought this Ciggy was a fella. Now it all makes sense that ciggy is a girl. The most knee-trembling poster i've ever read about. ???

i remember another thread i read of hers "no wonder gerrard wanted to leave" because we only scored 3 against TNS. :Oo:

Anytime anyone make a post that she doesn't agree with, unless they also also 'add luv yer BTW' or 'your so cute BTW' she rips them "why dont you fu.k off " "i'm more of a supporter than any of you " etc.

Bare Hypocrisy.  And i bet she bites my head off, just for this. no doubt. For making a factual observation.

Just watch as she takes the bait. And throws the kitchen sink at me  :sniffle
109-1093441336

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion