Real madrid worry

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DrTNT » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:46 pm

I don't think Rafa will leave because he has started to build a team that in a year or two should be able to win the title. Then there's the politics of the board that go on inside all of the big Spanish clubs its very disruptive to the manager and the team. Rafa left Spain because of these politics and I don't reckon he will go back just to be told who to play and who to sign. Then theres up rooting his family to go to Madrid and possibly a year or two later having to move again when he is tired of the board and leaves or maybe is sacked.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:48 pm

Real Madrid - I f.cking hate that club, No heart, no team spirit, just cold cash and circus show. They kept buing worlds most known players, not the best, just the most known. But they forgot that the team consist also of defence, not only midfield and attack.
Serves them right, I'll be a very happy man to see their season go downhill.

AND REAL F.CK OFF FROM RAFA !! Go get Sir Stupid from Manure  :angry:
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:24 pm

I'm sure Madrid will come calling again, and when they do you can be sure Benitez will tell them to :censored: off.  Do you not think Benitez has seen how many teams Madrid have :censored: LFC over with the transfers of Owen (x2), Morientes and Figo?  Do you not think that irritated the :censored: out of him just like it did us?  Of course it did, and there's absolutely no way he'd go there.

He's 1 season into a rebuilding plan with us, has the full support of the fans and the board.  I see no evidence that all is not well behind the scenes at Liverpool between Moores, Parry and Benitez.  The board have given him the cash for the players he wanted this summer and they supported him in trying to get Simao, Figo and Owen.  It seems to be Benitez who is unwilling to overspend on players, not the board - and if you look at our previous manager that's clear to see.  So I can't see any reason for Benitez to leave, and especially to those :censored:.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:59 pm

I wouldn't look too much into this. As Scott pointed out earlier, Benitez left Valencia because the board was sticking their noses where they don't belong. Real Madrid do that all the time with their managers so it would make no sense if Benitez decided to leave to a team that's currently impossible to manage with all the ego's.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:23 pm

rafa  has a plan for l'pool...hes tryin a new system,still wants to buy plsyers for this system i.e RM,CB

am confident he'll stay and win the league in the future :p
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:24 pm

Of course Real Madrid would want Rafa, they also wanted Stevie, but that didnt happend did it?

Not sure if anyone remembers but last year before Luxumbergo was appointed at Real Rafa was linked with the Real Madrd job. He publicly came out on .tv and said that he wishes to only reamin at Liverpool. Too many signs suggest that Rafa is here for the long haul.

His recent youth aqquisitions only mean that he intends to use them over the years to come.

He has no reason to leave and he has said many times that he intends to be here for the duration of his contract even more?

Any im sure before Stevie done the u turn a few months ago Rafa came out and said that his idea is for Stevie to become his assistant and eventually his sucessor when he retires. I do not for one minute doubt those words nor do i doubt his loyalty to the club. Nop club has fans like us that worship a select few players and managers. Real Madrid fans just worshipthe latest big name signing and then forget about him when the next one arrives the next year. Gone are the days where Reals success in the transfer market automatically translated into Silverware. The game has evolved and so has the tactically astute Benitez. He is transforming Liverpool and isnt even half way done yet. Moderators would you please close this thread. Down.

Remember that money cant buy everything. If it couldnt buy Steven Gerrard im sure it cant buy Rafa. Hes not here for the money, hes here to carry on as he started, making history and becoming a ledgend in the process.

The most realistic option is Sven Goran Erikkson for the Real Job.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:28 am

EXCLUSIVE: REAL WANT RAFA
Desperate Madrid plot to Kop Benitez
Martin Lipton
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport....ge.html

CRISIS club Real Madrid are lining up a stunning swoop for Rafa Benitez in a bid to rescue their season.

Sunday's 1-0 defeat at Espanyol has piled the pressure on manager Wanderley Luxemburgo following a 3-0 Champions League hammering by Lyon and 3-2 home defeat to Celta Vigo.

It means that Luxemburgo's head could be on the block if Real lose to Athletic Bilbao on Thursday or at Alaves this weekend.

And while veteran sporting director Arrigo Sacchi is likely to be handed the reins in a caretaker capacity, Liverpool boss Benitez is seen as the man who can turn around the club.

Benitez was sounded out by associates of president Florentino Perez in December before Luxemburgo was appointed.

He has already proved his pedigree in Spain with a successful stint at Valencia and his Champions League success with Liverpool has enhanced his reputation at Real, where he began his career as both player and coach. :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:38 am

Rafa is a true gentleman and would not jump ship, like other have said he has done a lot of building for the future with the likes of Hobbs, Barragan, Calliste, etc, the lure of money would not be a factor to Rafa and the manner that Real conduct their business is not his style either.

Rafa's a red and he's staying a red :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:32 am

The only thing you can believe in the "daily (manc) mirror...is the DATE!  fukk madrid and all the rumours that go with them? personally i hope the sh1ts lose their next ten games!! Rafa has a job to do here, now let him get on with it.  :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:36 am

wow when i said this last year i was almost killed on here....yes he will go if he is given a good offer, he has always said its his dream job. i dont think it would take 1 min for him to say yes..........but he will only take the jobe if he knows he can take the team back to the top i mean he will make sure he dont get the sack in 6 weeks, right now he is on the top of Real's hit list.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:46 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:CIGGY girl, you knows I loves ya, but this type of post is exactly why women should not follow football.

Knee jerk to say the least, if you think that posting stuff about the manager leaving everytime we or Madrid get a bad result is a good idea, then you are well well well wide of the mark.

Just to reiterate CIGGY, I loves you, but this aint good for you or the other members of the board to be thinking like this.

Fully agree.

Raffa will not put himself in jepordy by joining Real so this is a mute point. Real do not need a manager they need a new philosophy and since money (and selling shirts) is their priority, they will never have a manager that will stay for five years plus. If you are a manager with a young family this would be too great a risk.

Raffa will be here for at least ten years, so chill out people.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:53 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
meelan#5 wrote:she took the bait really well, i must say. Bit of reverse always goes well. That only took 9 minutes.

You keep point scoring luv, I'm sure you've got more gems the football world would like to know about.

"No wonder gerrard wanted to leave"  :shifty 

:laugh:

I can hear her knees trembling as i type this.

:D  Well you certainly wouldnt make my knees tremble only real men do that  :;):  :D

Will you lot stop flirting, or get a room or something because there are kids watching.

CGGY remember PM, or does that not apply to you
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:54 am

kazza wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
meelan#5 wrote:she took the bait really well, i must say. Bit of reverse always goes well. That only took 9 minutes.

You keep point scoring luv, I'm sure you've got more gems the football world would like to know about.

"No wonder gerrard wanted to leave"  :shifty 

:laugh:

I can hear her knees trembling as i type this.

:D  Well you certainly wouldnt make my knees tremble only real men do that  :;):  :D

Will you lot stop flirting, or get a room or something because there are kids watching.

CGGY remember PM, or does that not apply to you

f@ck off knobhead.
Meelan is the biggest t1t on this forum. The pair of you havent got a clue.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul_Poland » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:57 am

Real has players who are almost on retire... They just want to get some extra money, before they`ll quit football. They used to be great players, but now they`re not! Mabye Iker is good ( But he`s going to play in Arsenal? Pitty.. I thought that Dudek could go over there... ) , Guti is ok, but the rest of them need to practice more, and less talk and advert for ex. nike ... What do U think? :)
Image There`s only one Jerzy Dudek and one Anfield Road!!!
Paul_Poland

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:09 am

My 2 cents on this issue:

I don't see Rafa in Real Madrid. Right now, Real Madrid is more controlled by players than coachs. Every single coach with a bit of prsonality that has arrived to Madrid, say, Jupp Heynckes, Camacho, John Benjamin Toshack, eventually had to leave because players wouldn't accept to work more than they wanted.

People like Del Bosque or Luxemburgo just fit their thinking to the player's. A coach with personality would have seen Owen's numbers last year and sit down Raul in the bennch, but there are things that are not to happen.

The real danger from Spain concerning Rafa Benitez is the national squad. I think that after we are eliminated (if classified) in next world cup, all the press, all the fans and everybody will press in order Rafa gets the national squad. I think he hardly could say no... but he might. He's the only one who can get us pass the quarters of final.

But definitely not Real Madrid, i can bet, for the simple reason that Rafa could not work there at all.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion