If real madrid bid £80m for gerrard - Would you sell?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

If real madrid bid £80m for gerrard - Would you sell?

Yes, willingly
5%
Yes, reluctantly
10%
Maybe
9%
I'd ask for more
11%
No way Jose, not at any price
66%

Total votes : 111

Postby simolonge » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:50 pm

heimdall wrote:His feet wouldn't touch the ground.  :D

With £80 million you could assemble a team to win the premiership although I would miss Stevie.

There is a quote from someone who knows as much about football as Freddie MErcury did about female genetalia if I ever did see one.

100% without a clue.
simolonge

Postby DrPepe » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:00 pm

simolonge wrote:

With £80 million you could assemble a team to win the premiership although I would miss Stevie.

There is a quote from someone who knows as much about football as Freddie MErcury did about female genetalia if I ever did see one.

100% without a clue.

and I always thought that Freddie was just a bit flamboyant Image
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:19 pm

if they offer 35 mil for Gerrard, i will personally  ambush and F the whole bloody madrid cu.n.ts
but our philosophy is, no one man is bigger than the club. if they offered 80 mil, then we can buy 3 world class players, and strengthen the core of the team. we certainly can make a big step towards winning the title.
sentiments aside, it will be a fantastic team. beside we have proved over the season we are not a 2-man team.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Seress » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Without a heart,the body will die.To me,Gerrard is the heart that makes this team tick.You don't try to replace a heart that's healthy.
Seress

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:21 pm

If that happen , G and H will accept the 80M. But with 80M Rafa can buy atleast 5 worldclass player.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby taff » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:32 pm

Ok if we sold SG for 80 million we would have to buy two players who would make the team stronger than it would be with him in it.  The question is who would we get for 80 million. Villa and Santa Cruz maybe and potentially enough cash for a squad player.

To be honest that deal wouldnt break my heart although I want to see SG lift the league with Liverpool.

But he is nearly 30 and we wouldnt get 80 million for him although we might for Torres but that would be an insane thing to do.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:46 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:If that happen , G and H will accept the 80M. But with 80M Rafa can buy atleast 5 worldclass player.

Hmmm, let's look at the math here....80 million divided by 5....carry the integer....reverse the function....and that leaves us with.....................................................16 million pounds per.

Now I ask you, which five "world class players" are worth 16 million quid?  And which clubs are going to sell us said world class players for that bargain basement price knowing we've just trousered (love that phrase, Mick) 80 million for Gerrard?  Answers on a postcard...  :D
Last edited by Bad Bob on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:17 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:If that happen , G and H will accept the 80M. But with 80M Rafa can buy atleast 5 worldclass player.

Hmmm, let's look at the math here....80 million divided by 5....carry the integer....reverse the function....and that leaves us with.....................................................16 million pounds per.

Now I ask you, which five "world class players" are worth 16 million quid?  And which clubs are going to sell us said world class players for that bargain basement price knowing we've just trousered (love that phrase, Mick) 80 million for Gerrard?  Answers on a postcard...  :D

mine bad ... I mean 2-3 ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Well Red » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:23 pm

No. Liverpool football club doesn't sell its true Legends.
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:33 pm

Well Red wrote:No. Liverpool football club doesn't sell its true Legends.

Hunt, Rush, Fowler, Souness ? :D

I agree though mate, even at close to 30 years old I wouldn't sell Gerrard.
account deleted by request

Postby Well Red » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:48 pm

s@int wrote:
Well Red wrote:No. Liverpool football club doesn't sell its true Legends.

Hunt, Rush, Fowler, Souness ? :D

I agree though mate, even at close to 30 years old I wouldn't sell Gerrard.

The club didn't want to sell Rush, he wanted to go. I guess you're right with Fowler, but he was no longer as influential as he once was - whereas Gerrard is still the heartbeat of his team. I'm only 21 so don't know the days of Hunt or Souness from personal experience, only what I've heard.

At the end of the day no man is bigger than the club, that's a given. However certain men make clubs; they give them character, they provide symbolism, and most of all lend them an identity. Gerrard is one of those men and until he retires and goes on to take up some sort of coaching role, he should remain that man.
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:49 pm

I watched the Road to Istambul dvd again last night, its incredible the difference SG makes, takes us from an average team to top class.

Selling him would expose the flaws in the rest of the squad.
Last edited by Reg on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:04 pm

NO!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:07 pm

simolonge wrote:

100% without a clue.

Well considering freddie was bi-sexual I'll take that as a compliment, thanks. :D

How big of you to accept a differing point of view though, you really don't get the concept of an open forum do you.  :no  :no
heimdall

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:58 pm

Deffo not, no way in hell!

And if we did, I'd bet every last penny I had on Rafa not seeing half of the £80 million to replace Stevie with. No doubt Twit 'n Tw@t would make a couple more interest payments with it, but that's for a different thread. :;):
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion