Dudek to real madrid - No joke

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby pooltogether » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:00 pm

good luck Dudek, will always be hero for me for Istanbul!
pooltogether

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:25 pm

I should think he will suit Spain more so than England, it's not as physical in La Liga but you need good reflexes and he has that.

Undermining all of this is the fact that he probably isn't going to play unless something unforeseen happens to Casillas.

I find it an odd decision, primarily as the reason he gave for leaving was to play football and not sit on the bench in order to get in the Poland national squad again.

Maybe he just wants to mix it with the best and enjoy the Spanish sunshine in his latter years.

Overall I wish him good luck, he did us proud in Istanbul and in Europe along the way.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:46 pm

He's not a player for la Liga quite simply because the level of keepers in La Liga is vastly superior to the premiership level of keepers. Just the same way the level of Centre Backs in the premiership is much better than in Spain, IMO.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:49 pm

Sabre wrote:He's not a player for la Liga quite simply because the level of keepers in La Liga is vastly superior to the premiership level of keepers.

???  I don't think so, I think the level of keepers here more than matches that of La Liga.
LFC2007

Postby redtrader74 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:53 pm

I doubt he will very good for La Liga, there are plenty of good keepers there. He just wants to say i was at Madrid when he retires, and he may get some games, Casillas could get injured, anyhow who gives a sh*t, he did wonders for us that night, thanks Jerzy, but as he's not here anymore i don't really care where he ends up and why.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:28 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Sabre wrote:He's not a player for la Liga quite simply because the level of keepers in La Liga is vastly superior to the premiership level of keepers.

???  I don't think so, I think the level of keepers here more than matches that of La Liga.

doesn't 'More than matches' mean improve?  :)

Well I don't think so. I'm an admirer of Liverpool and the english football ways (I'm hooked in fact) but I'm not whatsoever impressed by the overall level of goal keeping of this league compared to the Spanish one. And to be honest, I've never been, despite I remember names like Peter Shilton, Seaman or Grobelaar.

the Chelsea keeper is very good, but most teams' keepers aren't that good, and some of them are a joke. Anyhow, I haven't done a thorough analysis of the keepers and didn't pay attention to them (when I see once the game I focus on what LFC does and I tend to forget the opposition player's names) so I can't argue passionately, it's just a thought after watching both leagues games regularly.

Goalkeeping in England is something I'd like to discuss in a separated thread somewhere in the forum. I've always found strange that keepers like Seaman defended the goal of the national team maybe too long with no other keeper to substitute him. I always thought that England created quality in the forward, midfield, and centre back positions at a greater extent than good goalkeepers. But this is off topic already.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:33 pm

For what he was signed for and for what we got out of him I think he was a great buy. He made a big mistake in a high profile match against United but I dont think that is all we should remember him for.

All the best Jersey, the best of luck
Last edited by Dundalk on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:42 pm

'More than matches' means at least as good.

I think the standard of 'keepers is very good in the Premiership, Spanish goalies are more technical and flashy, in England they are also technically very good maybe a little slower in their reflexes but they are more commanding than those in La Liga - which is just purely down to a difference in style between the leagues. After Casillas I'm struggling to think of any keeper of high quality, I'm surprised Valdes is where he is, Canizares was decent but is getting old, and that Doblas fella - I thought Peter Enckelman was bad! We have Cech, Reina, Van der Saar, Cudicini even, all top quality. Even the likes of Given, Jaaskelainen, Schwarzer, James, Niemi, Friedel, Carson, are all fairly solid keepers.
LFC2007

Postby eds » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:30 am

LFC2007 wrote:'More than matches' means at least as good.

I think the standard of 'keepers is very good in the Premiership, Spanish goalies are more technical and flashy, in England they are also technically very good maybe a little slower in their reflexes but they are more commanding than those in La Liga - which is just purely down to a difference in style between the leagues. After Casillas I'm struggling to think of any keeper of high quality, I'm surprised Valdes is where he is, Canizares was decent but is getting old, and that Doblas fella - I thought Peter Enckelman was bad! We have Cech, Reina, Van der Saar, Cudicini even, all top quality. Even the likes of Given, Jaaskelainen, Schwarzer, James, Niemi, Friedel, Carson, are all fairly solid keepers.

James a "solid" goal-keeping?

Surely you are taking the p**s right??

:p
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby alxy » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:56 am

Scary thought: we meet Madrid in the final of the CL next season. It goes to penalties, Casillas is injured and Dudek steps up.....
alxy

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:02 pm

alxy wrote:Scary thought: we meet Madrid in the final of the CL next season. It goes to penalties, Casillas is injured and Dudek steps up.....

I'll take Pepe anyday!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:16 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:30 pm

eds wrote:James a "solid" goal-keeping?

Surely you are taking the p**s right??

:p

Now he is, 10 years ago he wasn't.
LFC2007

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:31 pm

alxy wrote:Scary thought: we meet Madrid in the final of the CL next season. It goes to penalties, Casillas is injured and Dudek steps up.....

Dont think so, he had his day now he's a comedy keeper did you not see him agaist Pompy or Arsenal? I  would be supprised if theres a worse keeper in la liga. All the best Jersy hope we see you soon. :laugh:
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:47 pm

:laugh:

I was surprised to hear he'd gone to Madrid....and wondered what on earth they wanted him for.... :D

Despite his mistakes of late, I still thought he had something left to give us...

But anyways as others have said I do wish him all the best... he will always be a hero at LFC.
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion