Dudek to real madrid - No joke

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GunGod » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:53 am

I read about his impending move to Real Madrid a few days back... but never thought it would really happen  :suspect:

------------------------------------

Dudek set for Madrid unveiling

Jerzy Dudek is set to be unveiled as Real Madrid's latest signing on Friday, the Spanish giants have announced.

The Polish goalkeeper, who was released by Liverpool this summer, is due to land in Madrid on Thursday night before undergoing a medical with the Primera Liga champions on Friday.

If all goes to plan, Madrid expect to present the player at 1300 (local time) on Friday lunchtime, when he will become the fourth new arrival at the Bernabeu this summer following Pepe, Christoph Metzelder and Javier Saviola.

The 34-year-old Dudek will be the backup to Spain goalkeeper Iker Casillas, after Diego Lopez moved to join Villarreal.

Dudek had played for Liverpool since 2001 after moving from Feyenoord, and hit the headlines when his 'rubber legs' penalty saves helped the side beat AC Milan in the Champions League final in Istanbul in 2005.

For the last two seasons, he had been the number two to Pepe Reina at Anfield.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=446678&cc=4716

------------------------------------------------------

From being number 2 at Liverpool to number 2 at R.Madrid, I guess we can still call this a form of career advancement  :D
GunGod

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:21 am

Good luck to the fella and thanks for Istanbul is all I say .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby burjennio » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:05 am

I hope he plays in the derby, against Forlan, so he can endear himself to one half of Madrid (The red half)
burjennio

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:24 am

I find it a bit strange that he was kind of moaning earlier in the year about not getting any games at Liverpool yet he's now going to Madrid where it is a given fact that if he's fit Casillas WILL start all of the major games.  ???

Fair play to him if thats what he wants and after Istanbul I'm certainly not going to have a go at him (apart from when he was shite in the two games against Arsenal last season  :D ).

Good Luck to ya DUDE(K)!
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:32 pm

It's a shame the fact his last two games were awful, but the guy will never be forgotten for what he did in Istanbul

Good luck Jerzy :)
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby Owzat » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:55 pm

I am somewhat bemused the way it seems almost like a key player being signed, hard to imagine anything near that level of fuss for someone who will probably struggle to get a game
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:19 pm

Owzat wrote:I am somewhat bemused the way it seems almost like a key player being signed, hard to imagine anything near that level of fuss for someone who will probably struggle to get a game

I'm also wondering who the hell scouted him, maybe they just watched the 2005 CL final becuase they sure as hell didn't see the games he played for us last season!! :no

In any case good luck to you Dudek and thanks for Istanbul  :bowdown
heimdall

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Don't gt this move.  He complained coz he couldnt get into our first team.. well he is never going to displace Cassius.  I think its all about the $
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:40 pm

Maybe they're going to loan him to Real Madrid "B". :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:16 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Maybe they're going to loan him to Real Madrid "B". :D

More like they will sell him to Newcastle for 18 million!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Rafa D » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:39 pm

I used to think Dudek was ok. Reina's arrival showed him for what he was.

Still be a legend for his heroics in Istanbul but was a bit of a ( :censored:) at the ar.se end of last year with Rafa and co.

Slave my fu.ckin ar.se!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:30 pm

If he wanted to go to (arguebly) a bigger club than us... then real madrid is his only choice. Wish him all the luck.

Dudek will always be a legend.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:34 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Don't gt this move.  He complained coz he couldnt get into our first team.. well he is never going to displace Cassius.  I think its all about the $

He won't pose a competition, he'll be destroyed by the Madrid press if he does a bad game in the cup, he had the possibility of going to Betis and play, but he has preffered the Madrid nights and the money.

Dissapointed with him, to be honest. If he wanted to play Betis was the choice. If he wanted the glory of being in a great club, well, he already has been in Liverpool football club.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:50 pm

It show how far we've come in three years under Rafa. In 2004 when Rafa took over, we lost one of our star players to Real Madrid. 3 years down the line and we a casting of our unwanted players to Real Madrid. On with the Rafalution!

Seriously though, I don't understand why Dudek has chose to go sit on someone elses bench, he's better than that. As Sabre's said, he's already had the opportunity to play for one of the true giants of football in LFC.

With that said, I'd like to wish him all the best for the future and thank him for the Istanbul heroics. Good luck Jerzy, you'll never walk alone.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:03 pm

Sabre wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Don't gt this move.  He complained coz he couldnt get into our first team.. well he is never going to displace Cassius.  I think its all about the $

He won't pose a competition, he'll be destroyed by the Madrid press if he does a bad game in the cup, he had the possibility of going to Betis and play, but he has preffered the Madrid nights and the money.

Dissapointed with him, to be honest. If he wanted to play Betis was the choice. If he wanted the glory of being in a great club, well, he already has been in Liverpool football club.

Bang on, mate--Dudek the glory hunter. :no

Oh how I wish he'd left right after Istanbul--as my esteem for him has dropped considerably since then.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion