If real madrid bid £80m for gerrard - Would you sell?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

If real madrid bid £80m for gerrard - Would you sell?

Yes, willingly
5%
Yes, reluctantly
10%
Maybe
9%
I'd ask for more
11%
No way Jose, not at any price
66%

Total votes : 111

Postby Owzat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:29 am

Surely has to be asked, a figure for a star player in the Premiership has finally come along to use as a benchmark that isn't in the low £30ms and is in fact a world record transfer fee to trump those for Figo, Zidane and Kaka

It's a lot of money, you then offer say £25m to Arsenal for Fabregas and test their resolve, maybe £50m to Barcelona for Messi or £25m for Villa, Messi or Silva. I'm not saying you'd get those players, but at least with £80m you can make "tempting offers" whereas with a cap of around £21m we're likely not to tempt anyone.

We'd lose a great player, but then we wouldn't be forced to go shopping in the bargain basement section and end up with a Dossena, Degen, Voronin, Lucas, N'Gog etc. And maybe go that extra bit towards buying a Silva, Villa, Tevez or Eto'o instead of wasting £20m on Keane.

DISCLAIMER : I'm not suggesting we should sell Gerrard, but when someone's star player is sold for £80m I think it is worth asking the question over one of our's. Notice I didn't go with selling Torres
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:33 am

no
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:38 am

I was just thinking just this yesterday. Not for 80. Maybe 100M and provided Rafa was allowed to spend majority of that on players then yes.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:52 am

The difference is Ronaldo wanted to go, and he wears pink flowers in his hair. It's a resounding NO from me, although I don't think they'd offer it anyway.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby f9Torres » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:53 am

Owzat wrote:Surely has to be asked, a figure for a star player in the Premiership has finally come along to use as a benchmark that isn't in the low £30ms and is in fact a world record transfer fee to trump those for Figo, Zidane and Kaka

It's a lot of money, you then offer say £25m to Arsenal for Fabregas and test their resolve, maybe £50m to Barcelona for Messi or £25m for Villa, Messi or Silva. I'm not saying you'd get those players, but at least with £80m you can make "tempting offers" whereas with a cap of around £21m we're likely not to tempt anyone.

We'd lose a great player, but then we wouldn't be forced to go shopping in the bargain basement section and end up with a Dossena, Degen, Voronin, Lucas, N'Gog etc. And maybe go that extra bit towards buying a Silva, Villa, Tevez or Eto'o instead of wasting £20m on Keane.

DISCLAIMER : I'm not suggesting we should sell Gerrard, but when someone's star player is sold for £80m I think it is worth asking the question over one of our's. Notice I didn't go with selling Torres

With those offers for Cesc o Messi, their team would be laughing at you for ages.

Siva 25 is possible. Villa 35 at least.
f9Torres

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:01 am

bigmick wrote:The difference is Ronaldo wanted to go, and he wears pink flowers in his hair. It's a resounding NO from me, although I don't think they'd offer it anyway.

Kaka didn't want to go but he still ended up going because he knew the money would be valuable to the club.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby f9Torres » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:26 am

bavlondon wrote:
bigmick wrote:The difference is Ronaldo wanted to go, and he wears pink flowers in his hair. It's a resounding NO from me, although I don't think they'd offer it anyway.

Kaka didn't want to go but he still ended up going because he knew the money would be valuable to the club.

Kaka wanted to go since Milan accepted the City offer in January. If he wanted to help his club, he would have gone to M.City. Their offer was 120 million and Real Madrid 65.
f9Torres

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:29 am

Come on seriously Man City? What would he have done there. Man City was never an option and they won't be until they get into the CL.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:31 am

No!
account deleted by request

Postby RobinHood6969 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:36 am

A big No :cool:
RobinHood6969

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:24 pm

bavlondon wrote:Come on seriously Man City? What would he have done there. Man City was never an option and they won't be until they get into the CL.

He is pointing out that Kaka's 'i did it for the club statement' doesnt ring totally true.
As his club could have received far more from city.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Come on seriously Man City? What would he have done there. Man City was never an option and they won't be until they get into the CL.

He is pointing out that Kaka's 'i did it for the club statement' doesnt ring totally true.
As his club could have received far more from city.

My understanding is Kaka wanted to stay at AC Milam but was mpre or less pushed out, the thing is though when city came calling he obviously didn't wanna go but when the Madrid came in, even though he didnt want to leave he knew milan needed the scratch and Madrid seemed a much better prospect than city. So basically i think both parties(kaka and milan) compromised.
RedRoots

Postby heimdall » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:37 pm

His feet wouldn't touch the ground.  :D

With £80 million you could assemble a team to win the premiership although I would miss Stevie.
heimdall

Postby Judge » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:39 pm

where's reg and his pointless thread jibe ??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Glen Quagmire » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:40 pm

No they can F*UCK away off
Glen Quagmire

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion