Real madrid worry

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:39 am

Can we once and for all nail this "cos you're a girl" nonsense? Jeez, "technical knowledge" don't even get me started. Football is the one subject above all other that most nonsense gets talked about. In a ground full of 40,000 people how many people REALLY know what's going on? About 1,000 tops, and that's probably over and above.
If you want technical knowledge then my advice is not to come on here because you won't learn a lot. Any technical point is rarely debated. People either aren't interested or don't understand the technicalities. Don't believe me? sift back through to the zonal defence stuff at the start of last season or the more recent "english teams tend to defend only the back post" in another thread. I'd be happy to debate technical issues with absolutely anybody on here 'till the cows come home but that's not why I come on here really. I get on here to hear a different opinion, hear some gossip or rumours. Most of all though, as an OOTer who almost never gets to games these days, I like to feel the passion and emotion of real fans. It makes me feel good. On all of the above CIGGY is one of the leaders on the forum. Hers are one of the posts that I make a point of reading. If I started a debate on whether the move towards 4-5-1 in the Prem is almost a throwback to the Catanaccio era, then I don't suppose she'd even read it, never mind contribute. Funny thing is, some of those who talk about technical knowledge wouldn't either.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:26 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
Chelsea forever. wrote:look at the bottom 3

And...............?
Rafa said yesterday when he won the best European manager award, (THE SPECIAL ONE WILL BE JEALOUS  :;): ) he is very happy at Liverpool and will not be going to RM. :p

That wasent the reason i posted this, it was because Madrid are in the bottom 3 - which is a rare site.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Sabre » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:43 am

That wasent the reason i posted this, it was because Madrid are in the bottom 3 - which is a rare site

They have a match less, today they're going to receive Bilbao. I hate both teams so let they draw.

Besides having a bad start, they're complaining about the ref being against them, which for any supporter of Spain, is some sort of bad joke.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:49 am

lol

It was good to see Perez himself hold the press conference and say that they respect the ref and the tradition of the game and will accept the result.

I think they have a good squad (obviously!) but I also think they need to make some changes.

Once Zidane is back I think Luxy will play a daimond (as he has gotten rid of all the wide players)

----------Ronaldo-----------Raul

-------------------Zidane

------Baptista------------------Beckham

----------------Graverson/Garcia

----this is where the problem lies---------

------------------Cassilas

They have a super keeper, best player for them last season and I rate this fellow higly, he is right up there amongst the best in the world. Sort out the defense and you will be on your way to another La Liga title...

... better yet just hire me as manager :laugh:
Chelsea forever.

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:40 am

bigmick wrote:If I started a debate on whether the move towards 4-5-1 in the Prem is almost a throwback to the Catanaccio era, then I don't suppose she'd even read it, never mind contribute. Funny thing is, some of those who talk about technical knowledge wouldn't either.

You are right, because in this fast paced world we live in, time is at a premium and I tend to choose the information that intrests me, and that does not. Frankly I do not get your point, because that issue does not determin one's technical knowledge but rather one's interest (which in this case for me is not there). You start a topic like that, and I would not be questioning your technical knowledge, but rather how much fun you must be at a party. :;):  :laugh:

The "lack of technical knowledge" thing was a result of being told I have no clue (generally because I told her to pm) and I stand by what I said. I too do appreciate the rumours and gossip (which CGGY adds to) but having lived through the Gerrard saga in this forum since last year I could not handle a long drawn out Raffa one.

Big Mick you talk about wanting to hear other opinions, yet you object to mine.It is irrelavent to me whether a person is a certain sex or race, all that is relevant to me is what they say (or type) because that is who they are. Whether you are mates is a mute point.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:07 am

----this is where the problem lies---------

I'm not so sure of that. I think that even if you put Franco Baresi and Beckenbauer at his best, they would be weak in defence.

Defence is not only about to have good defenders. Defence is about the midfielders and forwards doing a proper pressing too. This is what lacks Real Madrid. Ronaldo does not press, Raul does not press, Beckham recovers few balls.... With 6 or 7 men thinking only about shining you cannot do a proper defence. They have signed up Gravesen and Pablo Garcia for that "dirty" work, but the whole stuff is too much for them. They must defend as a team.

Anyway for me, this is the triumph of football. It's a clear message to those Tycoons of football that this game is a lot more than just wasting insultant amounts of money.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:27 pm

kazza wrote:You are right, because in this fast paced world we live in, time is at a premium and I tend to choose the information that intrests me, and that does not. Frankly I do not get your point, because that issue does not determin one's technical knowledge but rather one's interest (which in this case for me is not there). You start a topic like that, and I would not be questioning your technical knowledge, but rather how much fun you must be at a party. :;):  :laugh:

The "lack of technical knowledge" thing was a result of being told I have no clue (generally because I told her to pm) and I stand by what I said. I too do appreciate the rumours and gossip (which CGGY adds to) but having lived through the Gerrard saga in this forum since last year I could not handle a long drawn out Raffa one.

Big Mick you talk about wanting to hear other opinions, yet you object to mine.It is irrelavent to me whether a person is a certain sex or race, all that is relevant to me is what they say (or type) because that is who they are. Whether you are mates is a mute point.

The point is quite a simple one really and I thought it was quite clear in the original post, the forum is not really about "technical knowledge". Your retort about "not being  interested" in the Catanaccio system demonstrates it perfectly really. Technical, schmecnical.
I also made the point that I would put my technical knowledge against most others on the forum but so what? It doean't give anybody the right to sneer at another persons lack of tactical expertese. Once more, that's not what the forum is about. FWIW I quite enjoy reading your posts and think you make some good points but todays events with the daft PM's have demonstrated the slippery slope of slanging matches and they should be avoided.
BTW you're right about the party. You wouldn't want to get sat next to me. I'd be old, boring and like as not off me head.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:32 pm

i read today that wenger is real's number 1 choice to be their new manager.

just imagine the exodus at highbury if wenger left.

personally, i think henry will be at barcelona within the next 18 months anyway but if wenger left now they'd be uproar.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:03 pm

stmichael wrote:i read today that wenger is real's number 1 choice to be their new manager.

just imagine the exodus at highbury if wenger left.

personally, i think henry will be at barcelona within the next 18 months anyway but if wenger left now they'd be uproar.

That wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if Wenger went.
After him selling Vieira and not bringing in any big names.
Things dont seem right at Highbury, he has won all he can in England...well all he needs, he must be able to see that they will never get near the champions league.
And with Chelsea so strong i think it may be coming to the end of his reign at Highbury.
I actually predicted them to win the league before they sold vieira, but they really look like they will struggle this season imo, and if i was Arsene i would fancy a crack in Spain.
Then they might leave Rafa alone  :angry:

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:31 pm

Real getting beat again, Woodgate superb own goal on his debut.  :kungfu:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:31 pm

:D  :D  :D
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:38 pm

I had a tenner on a 3-nil Madrid win.......and bloody woodgate heads a superb own goal on his debut  :angry:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:41 pm

drummerphil wrote:I had a tenner on a 3-nil Madrid win.......and bloody woodgate heads a superb own goal on his debut  :angry:

I thought ya done  3-1  phil ffs
66-1120597113

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:49 pm

Real Madrid are a joke, the club is going to crumble to the ground as long as they sign players based on what fans want and whichever player can dribble the best.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:54 pm

Real look absolutly useless they look as bad as the bitters  :kungfu:  Tell them to f@ck off Rafa if they come knocking, or I hope  the crow Wenger goes there.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion