Rafa support poll ii - How much support has rafa got left?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:49 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Penguins wrote:"Well, Rafa wouldn't spend it well anyway so they shouldn't give him any money"

That is bull**** as that isn't the real issue, which is that the owners isn't investing in the squad. You really think a new manager would get more money just cause he isn't Rafa?

It is bull. You are right. The amount Rafa has played with doesnt justify us being skint. I'll say now as I said at the start of the season. 17M on a fullback??

The money was there, and thats what it was spent on. Aquilani, injured yes, but the agreements for future fees are there.

Or are you really asking, why cant we have the ludicrous amounts Real Madrid have or Man City.

Blame the owners by all means, I totally disagree however. He has had the money. He has had the players. He has shown he cannot be trusted with either. Will a new manager get more money? no, probably not. But I can hazard a guess he will get the maximum out of whoever we sign for whatever fee.

But please do forget that Alonso and Arbeloa left....
And without them leaving there would had been 0 to spend.
He wasn't even allowed to spend the money from sales straight up either. More like 7 for Johnson and 5 for Aqualini.
I'll tell you where those other 25 million went!

I'll never give in to this point.
There is a HUGE difference to "sell to be able to buy" and just buy and don't worry about sales.

I am not expecting City like summers where the manager can spend 100 million without selling. But I do expect the manager to have around 20-30 million each summer without have to have a garage sale 1st!

Johnson is england international ffs and both Chelski and Man City matched our bid.
What do you expect. Shopping at bargain basement and still expect league title? Real world calling   :no
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:08 am

Penguins wrote:What do you expect. Shopping at bargain basement and still expect league title? Real world calling   :no

Just the real world will do.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:45 am

andy_g wrote:but as in 'thanks for giving it a decent shot at times, rafa, but i don't think you're the right fella for the job anymore'

Surely being the "right man for the job" does not change but rather perspective that has changed due to a bad season (which could be considered "knee-jerk").

I do not like this season one bit but I like who we have become as a team (obviously not this season) under Rafa. We are far more ligitimate under Rafa than we have been for a long while and I would like to see another season with Rafa and pray we can pull the rabbit out of the hat and make CL next year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:54 am

GO!!
club_Levis

Postby TheLad » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:49 am

Still undecided, see if he can land the EL trophy AND grab the 4th place. Failing in either of these means that he has to go as far as I am concerned.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:35 am

I dont like the owners, but we are where we are now because of Rafa and not the owners.
Yes, Rafa was not given a billion dollars to build up his squad but neither is Wenger.

Rafa has always said that Champs league is his priority but withdrawn Torres on the 65th min against Brimingham in a game we must win.
Reminded me when we withdrawn Torres and Gerrard, to rest them against a double header against Chelsh1t and lost 3-1 to Reading a few season back.

Nobody force him to play Ngog (which is the worst youth player i have ever seen), no one force him to sell Bellamy or Keane or to sign Aquaman.
Rafa has lost it. It is best we part company.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby leep33 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:04 am

I am undecided, i think it would depend on who would be available to replace him.
leep33

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:35 am

If he decides to stay or the club decides to keep him we must accept that we will not win the premier league while hes here.
Fact
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:02 am

Octsky wrote:I dont like the owners, but we are where we are now because of Rafa and not the owners.
Yes, Rafa was not given a billion dollars to build up his squad but neither is Wenger.

Rafa has always said that Champs league is his priority but withdrawn Torres on the 65th min against Brimingham in a game we must win.
Reminded me when we withdrawn Torres and Gerrard, to rest them against a double header against Chelsh1t and lost 3-1 to Reading a few season back.

Nobody force him to play Ngog (which is the worst youth player i have ever seen), no one force him to sell Bellamy or Keane or to sign Aquaman.

Wenger hasnt won a thing for 5 years now

Bellamy went to help fund the purchase of Torres

Keane was a mistake
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:02 am

Sir Roger wrote:If he decides to stay or the club decides to keep him we must accept that we will not win the premier league while hes here.
Fact

Do you have a crystal ball ?

Its not fact your statement its an opinion .

You cant say fact about something in the future
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:15 am

Benny The Noon wrote:You cant say fact about something in the future

Wrong! he just did .... fact  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:25 am

Benny The Noon wrote:
Octsky wrote:I dont like the owners, but we are where we are now because of Rafa and not the owners.

Wenger hasnt won a thing for 5 years now

Bellamy went to help fund the purchase of Torres

Keane was a mistake

I think the Wenger/Arsenal comparison is interesting
Yes he has won fu'ck all in five years but has his team "improved" and "progressed?"
The evidence suggests it has- last eight of CL (missing five crucial players and so tonked by Barca) third in the PL and a possibilty of winning it. Young, exciting players with great technical ability and forward, attacking formations and tactics.
Who would you rather have? What would you rather watch?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:47 am

s@int wrote:

pi.ss off

:D
Benny The Noon

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:07 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:

pi.ss off

:D

To be fair mate I think even the most ardent Rafa supporters can see that time is running out. He shows some signs of his decision making becoming rational and the he reverts back to type.
I think most of those who are backing him are only doing so because theyre sh'it scared of what will happen when he goes. We have to be brave.
When Shankly retired it was the end. Then when Paisley retired it was the end. Then when Fagan retired it was the end etc etc.
Better managers than Rafa have gone and were still here
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:16 pm

No need to boot him now. If he doesn't win the Europa league or whaterver that :censored: is called he should go. The only downside I see with this is that the owners will get more time.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion