Rafa support poll

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Incessant Rafa bashing becomes awfully tiresome. Dont you know another tune son?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:24 pm

By all accounts Benitez demanded full control over transfers before he signed his contract so I would assume he knows full well how much money he has to play with. The thing with him is he plays the fans off against the owners and this is his get out jail free card when he makes mistakes.I dont care if hes better or worse than the managers before him but what I do know is that he is not doing a good job right now and his record in the transfer market is abysmal.All the money hes spent and clawed back then put back in, the hours of coaching sessions and re arranging back room staff, the full control hes been handed over all matters including the academy and still, after all this, we still have only two players on the books that can turn a game.We are no better a team than when he took over the job.We play rubbish, absolute rotten football.We have no youth players coming through, local lads, foreign lads, not a one worth looking at.We have plan A, then plan A, there is no variation in thought or tactics whatsoever.Some people are loyal to a fault and would sooner see the club rot than change this manager but I think we can do much much better than Benitez.If Rafa ever had it then hes lost it and he wont find it again at Liverpool thats a dead cert.Both he and the club must surely move on in the summer or I fear we are in danger of falling further away under his tired and predictable regime.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:43 pm

parchpea wrote:By all accounts Benitez demanded full control over transfers before he signed his contract so I would assume he knows full well how much money he has to play with. The thing with him is he plays the fans off against the owners and this is his get out jail free card when he makes mistakes.I dont care if hes better or worse than the managers before him but what I do know is that he is not doing a good job right now and his record in the transfer market is abysmal.All the money hes spent and clawed back then put back in, the hours of coaching sessions and re arranging back room staff, the full control hes been handed over all matters including the academy and still, after all this, we still have only two players on the books that can turn a game.We are no better a team than when he took over the job.We play rubbish, absolute rotten football.We have no youth players coming through, local lads, foreign lads, not a one worth looking at.We have plan A, then plan A, there is no variation in thought or tactics whatsoever.Some people are loyal to a fault and would sooner see the club rot than change this manager but I think we can do much much better than Benitez.If Rafa ever had it then hes lost it and he wont find it again at Liverpool thats a dead cert.Both he and the club must surely move on in the summer or I fear we are in danger of falling further away under his tired and predictable regime.

You talk a load of (with due respect) sh!t!!

No youth coming through eh?

How about a certain Daniel Pacecho?

and Martin Kelly?

Yeah Rafa's transfer buys have been dodgy but if he has the money(real money like Chelsea and Man u and Man city) he usually buys good.

I can't be @rsed going on cos your talikng Kack
roberto green

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Im guessing the fact that Rafa thought he would have the 30 mil to strengthen his squad with players like turner and silva helped the choice about wether to let him go .

the key word is guessing

the fact that he was going to sell alonso the summer before for about 14 million tells another story.

But whatever, Aquilani was touted before alonso had been sold, and as a replacement has been nothing short of catastrophic.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby devaney » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:43 pm

roberto green wrote:
parchpea wrote:By all accounts Benitez demanded full control over transfers before he signed his contract so I would assume he knows full well how much money he has to play with. The thing with him is he plays the fans off against the owners and this is his get out jail free card when he makes mistakes.I dont care if hes better or worse than the managers before him but what I do know is that he is not doing a good job right now and his record in the transfer market is abysmal.All the money hes spent and clawed back then put back in, the hours of coaching sessions and re arranging back room staff, the full control hes been handed over all matters including the academy and still, after all this, we still have only two players on the books that can turn a game.We are no better a team than when he took over the job.We play rubbish, absolute rotten football.We have no youth players coming through, local lads, foreign lads, not a one worth looking at.We have plan A, then plan A, there is no variation in thought or tactics whatsoever.Some people are loyal to a fault and would sooner see the club rot than change this manager but I think we can do much much better than Benitez.If Rafa ever had it then hes lost it and he wont find it again at Liverpool thats a dead cert.Both he and the club must surely move on in the summer or I fear we are in danger of falling further away under his tired and predictable regime.

You talk a load of (with due respect) sh!t!!

No youth coming through eh?

How about a certain Daniel Pacecho?

and Martin Kelly?

Yeah Rafa's transfer buys have been dodgy but if he has the money(real money like Chelsea and Man u and Man city) he usually buys good.

I can't be @rsed going on cos your talikng Kack

Can't be a.rsed cos I think you're both talking kack!!! LOL  :D
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Pacheo has hardly kicked a ball for the first team.The managers record in bringing young players through the ranks is shambolic surely theres no argument there.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby leep33 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:21 am

Hopefully Pacheco will be given more of a chance between now and the end of the season, if not then it might be worth loaning him out to a championship side for the rest of the seaso to gain some experience before next season.
leep33

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:43 am

parchpea wrote:Pacheo has hardly kicked a ball for the first team.The managers record in bringing young players through the ranks is shambolic surely theres no argument there.

then why don't you support Arsenal  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Agree with a point made earlier, if you shop in the 20mill + market for players, 8/10 you are successful. If the idiots who sold to the Yanks had gone with the other lot, we would not be questioning our manager - is it right that Rafa has had to manage club finances by limiting his own power to bid for the best players -NO and having been promised the proceeds of the sales made... doh !

So.. go and support Manc City - cos there's always the Portsmouth scneario too !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 5_Starr_Rikki » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:02 am

I'm undecided.
I genuinely WANT to support Rafa, and long for us to do well under him. But things have been so bad this season I just don't know what to think any more. I spent the last couple of years defending the manager when talking to so-called (how I referred to them at the time) fellow Liverpool supporters I know, but nowadays it's a case of "Told you so!" from them and I'm running out of ways to defend him.
Last edited by 5_Starr_Rikki on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
5_Starr_Rikki

Postby boodiddy1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:34 am

I just wish he'd help players confidence. He doesn't though, which is making our team and squad poorer. Some need a arm around them. Let the lads express themselves, stop this two holding midfielders nonsense.

However, i know he wont, he'll keep going on about possibilities, facts etc. Personally, I've had enough, he's hiding behind them two imbeciles and using us fans. We aren't stupid though rafa. In rafa we trust?? Not me, ship has sailed. I want MON or Jose.
boodiddy1

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion