Rafa support poll ii - How much support has rafa got left?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Stay, for the simple reason is that I'd fear for this club if we got a Martin O'Niel or god forbid an Alex mcLeish.

Yeah, lets keep the current manager because we're scared someone might be worse?

I say get rid, or hopefully he walks, and we get a manager with some balls
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Lets just agree to disagree to save us going round in circles- you have you opinion and i have mine

Noone will know the absolute truth unless we ask the players themselves .

Fair enough mate, but it was an actual quote from Kuyt at the time. 

I am just waiting for the first pro rafa poster to disagree with Rafa for saying he has made "regrettable mistakes"   :D
account deleted by request

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:52 pm

s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Lets just agree to disagree to save us going round in circles- you have you opinion and i have mine

Noone will know the absolute truth unless we ask the players themselves .

Fair enough mate, but it was an actual quote from Kuyt at the time. 

I am just waiting for the first pro rafa poster to disagree with Rafa for saying he has made "regrettable mistakes"   :D

The people who support Rafa have also recognised he has made mistakes .
Benny The Noon

Postby roberto green » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:51 pm

STAY
RedbeerGoggles(New entry)
Reg(New entry)
Lee2k6
GOAT
ruskiy playmaker
kazza
RobinHood6969
Sabre
Penguins
NANNY RED
Benny The Noon
yolz
GRAHAM01
maguskwt
J*o*n*D*o*e
Kukilon
Sir Roger
JBG
Emerald Red
Number 9
Keris
kunilson
fivecups
Espionage
redhayesy
Milo the Monkey
Dex

GO
Dundalk
maypaxvobiscum
lakes10
s@int
ConnO'var
Kharhaz
bigmick
red_guy
shawnk
metalhead
killerp       
The_Rock
teamleader1
Owzat
club_Levis
Judge
LiverpoolMadman
mramo
Ben Patrick
Greavesie
tonyeh
Ola Mr Benitez
dawson99
Boocity
Lee J
Thinkpad
Rockthekop
Madmax
Toffeehater
Big Niall
Festy
Sarge
Kash_Mountain
Bad Bob
DAV
darwisigila
shitonutd78
Festy
The Good Yank
Bavlondon(changed from stay)
Andy g (new entry)
Octsky(New entry)
Sir Roger(New entry)

UNDECIDED
TheLad
SouthCoastShankly
Red H
Roberto Green(changed from stay)
leep33(new entry)

I hope this is the most updated one if I haven't included you in the right category or you want to change your mind or as a new entry let me know and I'll change it

--------------
roberto green

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:52 pm

I'm sorry but...wtf?

STAY
RedbeerGoggles(New entry)
Reg(New entry)
Lee2k6
GOAT
ruskiy playmaker
kazza
RobinHood6969
Sabre
Penguins
NANNY RED
Benny The Noon
yolz
GRAHAM01
maguskwt
J*o*n*D*o*e
Kukilon
Sir Roger
JBG
Emerald Red
Number 9
Keris
kunilson
fivecups
Espionage
redhayesy
Milo the Monkey
Dex

has to be some sarcastic 'stays' in there!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:58 pm

dawson99 wrote:has to be some sarcastic 'stays' in there!

Like who?

???
roberto green

Postby Dundalk » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:00 pm

A load of them dont even post on here anymore and got there name in there the last time the poll was done
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:00 pm

dawson99 wrote:I'm sorry but...wtf?

has to be some sarcastic 'stays' in there!

I think they just mean till the end of the season mate  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:40 pm

dawson99 wrote:I say get rid, or hopefully he walks, and we get a manager with some balls

:laugh:  Reminded me of that bit in Mike Bassett England Manager when they sent the coach to borrow a football of the local kids !  :laugh:
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 pm

tonyeh wrote:
Penguins wrote:And I believe next season will end just as bad if we just stand still with the squad and just watch our rivals invest,
Sell to buy policy is a one way ticket to middle table obscurity down the road no matter who is the manager.

I don't believe a new manager can just take this squad with no improvments, right the ship, and make us title challengers again.
If you stand still in football you will be overrun. A good enough squad 2008 to challenge is not even close to be good enough to challenge 2011. That is football for you....

But, unfortunately, Benitez just cannot be trusted with funds Penguins. He has a proven track record in that area.

At least there is the possibility that a new manager might have the intelligence enough to be able to deal with the squad with have already. Which is a decent starting 11, assuming Aquiliani and Benayoon can get a look in and the deadwood like Lucas is gotten rid of.

Problem is Benitez is just too stupid to acknowledge the glaring error of his ways...and change them.

If Benitez stays, the only result will be more of the same...and I am not talking more of this year's football. This year is the nadir of the Benitez style of management (the rebound of his past mishandling, as it were). No, I am talking about the whole 6 seasons of generally boring, tedious, conservative, negative football, that has utterly deflated the team.

Liverpool are a terrible team. They're awful to watch. That is down to Raphael Benitez. His stamp on the has been woeful and for the next fella in, it's going to take some cleaning up.

But that step must be taken. It HAS to be taken.

Otherwise Benitez will continue to drag the team down into the mire, which will be harder to escape from as time goes on.

Oh...I'm "go" by the way.  :D

Yes his spending has been hit and miss at times but ask yourself this:

If we had been able to buy Silva in the summer do you think we would still be where we are now?

What about if we had the money for Vidic instead of having to go for Skrtel?

Or Simao instead of Pennant?

You all seem to forget he knows what it is to win a league and European Cup so he knows what is needed. He has made mistakes too but at the end of the day if he was given the same funds as his fellow top 4 managers we wouldn't be where we are now.

FFS We have the manager himself and even players crying out loud for funds to be made. Does that not say anything to you?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:Yes his spending has been hit and miss at times but ask yourself this:

If we had been able to buy Silva in the summer do you think we would still be where we are now?

You all seem to forget he knows what it is to win a league and European Cup so he knows what is needed. He has made mistakes too but at the end of the day if he was given the same funds as his fellow top 4 managers we wouldn't be where we are now.

FFS We have the manager himself and even players crying out loud for funds to be made. Does that not say anything to you?

bav i take your point but those players ended up costing alot of money.
They may not have been first choice but he still bought them and they were still bad signings.
At the end of the day if our manager cant get his first choice players then he has to do better with who he does buy
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby rocky29 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:55 am

i would rather have gary megson at this moment in time than rafa?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:57 am

bavlondon wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
Penguins wrote:And I believe next season will end just as bad if we just stand still with the squad and just watch our rivals invest,
Sell to buy policy is a one way ticket to middle table obscurity down the road no matter who is the manager.

I don't believe a new manager can just take this squad with no improvments, right the ship, and make us title challengers again.
If you stand still in football you will be overrun. A good enough squad 2008 to challenge is not even close to be good enough to challenge 2011. That is football for you....

But, unfortunately, Benitez just cannot be trusted with funds Penguins. He has a proven track record in that area.

At least there is the possibility that a new manager might have the intelligence enough to be able to deal with the squad with have already. Which is a decent starting 11, assuming Aquiliani and Benayoon can get a look in and the deadwood like Lucas is gotten rid of.

Problem is Benitez is just too stupid to acknowledge the glaring error of his ways...and change them.

If Benitez stays, the only result will be more of the same...and I am not talking more of this year's football. This year is the nadir of the Benitez style of management (the rebound of his past mishandling, as it were). No, I am talking about the whole 6 seasons of generally boring, tedious, conservative, negative football, that has utterly deflated the team.

Liverpool are a terrible team. They're awful to watch. That is down to Raphael Benitez. His stamp on the has been woeful and for the next fella in, it's going to take some cleaning up.

But that step must be taken. It HAS to be taken.

Otherwise Benitez will continue to drag the team down into the mire, which will be harder to escape from as time goes on.

Oh...I'm "go" by the way.  :D

Yes his spending has been hit and miss at times but ask yourself this:

If we had been able to buy Silva, would be any guarantee that Benitez would even have played him properly?   :)

Look, I don't think any team in England was going to be buying Silva and the asking price is probably way too much anyway. But the money angle is STILL a poor excuse to cover up really poor decisions on the field by the guy at the helm. I'm not sure that Silva would fit into the current Liverpool set up anyway.

It's Benitez who has steered Liverpool onto the rocks.

EVERY manager would like endless funding to build a super team. I'm sure benitez is no different and it's not as if he absolutely NO money at all since he got here. However, he simply cannot hide behind that excuse and hope to deflect the shocking decisions he has made and CONTINUES to make time and time again.

He refuses to learn from the glaringly obvious.

Anyway, it's not really about "if we had been able to buy Silva". It's more to do with trusting the manager to sign decent players with the money he has available. I mean (and I've asked this before)...was (the brokendown) Aqualini REALLY the ONLY player that we could have signed to replace Alonso. A player that Benitez forced out with his appaling mangement in the first place?

The major problem with Benitez is not just that he's made mistakes (EVERY manager does that), but he refuses to shift his position to rectify those mistakes, even if it's to the detriment of the team.

And THAT is never going to go away.

In addition, Benitez has reduced this team down to its most boring football in a long long time. They're horrible to watch. That's Benitez's stamp on things. Also, we have a good starting 11 (sans Lucas of course). We should have been challenging for the title, or at least a top four position. But Benitez has hamstrung this team into a fearful, one dimensional, obvious blob. His brand of conservative and negative football has guaranteed average to brutal displays of the most tedious football.

That isn't a money issue, that's a problem with the way the existing team is managed today...and I simply can't take any more of it.
tonyeh

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Change me to GO. It's for the best IMO.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:21 pm

rocky29 wrote:i would rather have gary megson at this moment in time than rafa?

every man in his right mind can see that Rafa is better than Megson  :no

I don't want Rafa anymore but this comment is just ridiculous, any opinion you come out with from now on is invalid because of this alone
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion