Rafa support poll

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DrPepe » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:30 pm

JohnBull wrote:"How did we come within a few points with a manager as sh!t as rafa?
Thats right when ever he wins or does well its because he was lucky.... right? "

Out of our 18 illustrious titles not all of them were because we stormed away with the championship. I can remember a few which were lost to us rather than us winning them.
Last season was one which it was offered to us and we buggered it up.
A "couple of points" is as far as a mile when you're second. Celebrating this 4th place competition is a joke. If EUFA lets the top 10 in are we going to be cheering coming 10th on the off chance of another Istambul ?
Ask yourself "just how much would I risk on Raffa winning a Premiership title with Liverpool ?" Your family ? Your house ? your car ? - how about next weeks wages ? How about £100 ?

A "couple of points" is as far as a mile when you're second.

if we were liverpool in their pomp, or the mancs now  :veryangry  then i agree wholeheartedly with this statement

but the here and now is that we haven't finished that high in a long long time, and therefore it is/was a hightide mark for us, and thus an achievement of sorts
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby shawnk » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:40 pm

It's beyond me how people can still believe in Rafa, I understand if they support them but believing in him? I just dont get it.
And I found it strange that people kept finding the excuse of lack of funds on this bad season. Just a reminder that we have lost to the likes of Reading, Portsmouth and etc.
shawnk

Postby shawnk » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:42 pm

teamleader1 wrote:
DrPepe wrote:
it so happens that I had time for evans who served up better football than GH and Rafa Souness I think went to early

I admit iv never heard that particular argument put forward for Souness - would you care to elaborate ?  :D

Its only my opinion but I thought he had more to give us than he actually delivered
To be honest he made his own problems with his big 'I AM' attitude
I don't think he ever understood that not everyone has his passion and commitment.

Maybe I just overlooked his faults because he was one of our all time greats who gave 110% in a red shirt  :D

At least he brought us "god".
shawnk

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Lets not forget his interview with the s*n as well as well as have us in the bottom half regulary - selling players like Beardsley etc
Benny The Noon

Postby teamleader1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Lets not forget his interview with the s*n as well as well as have us in the bottom half regulary - selling players like Beardsley etc

The Sun thing was and still is unforgivable.

As far as selling players out of turn Rafa is up there with the best of them
teamleader1

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:53 pm

So which great player did rafa sell that still wanted to stay at Liverpool ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:So which great player did rafa sell that still wanted to stay at Liverpool ?

we did not have to sell him, will say it again and again.

We were very close last season and should have just told him he was staying.
Doesnt matter what he was being offered at Real like someone above quoted as he was our player. Fergie told Ronaldo he was going nowhere last season.
Fact is Rafa wanted to sell him.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby DrPepe » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:54 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:So which great player did rafa sell that still wanted to stay at Liverpool ?

Doesnt matter what he was being offered at Real like someone above quoted as he was our player. Fergie told Ronaldo he was going nowhere last season.

we don't have to sell anyone who we  have contracted to us - are you suggesting we could have kept him and run his contract down?

given what we know about finances , and the players  wishes that would be extremely stupid imo  :blush:
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:14 pm

teamleader1 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Lets not forget his interview with the s*n as well as well as have us in the bottom half regulary - selling players like Beardsley etc

So Benitez is up there with Souness as far as selling our best players goes? What a complete load of bollox. Some of your posts just sound like downright spite for the man, rather than reasonable grievances. There are no paralles, nothing to compare to what Souness done to us to Rafa Benitez' errors in the transfere market. None. He sold Alonso. Get f*cking over it! Is it that much of a albatross on your back to shake off FFS?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:18 pm

Cisse, Smicer, Diouf? Diao maybe? How about that world beater Troare?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
teamleader1 wrote:

So Benitez is up there with Souness as far as selling our best players goes? What a complete load of bollox. Some of your posts just sound like downright spite for the man, rather than reasonable grievances. There are no paralles, nothing to compare to what Souness done to us to Rafa Benitez' errors in the transfere market. None. He sold Alonso. Get f*cking over it! Is it that much of a albatross on your back to shake off FFS?

Open your fkn eyes lad, how much of Rafas shyte could the next manager sell?

His :censored: poor decision making on who and more importantly when to sell has cost us dear and his choice of replacements has been laughable
Now Im no expert but I will stick my neck out and say that both Keane and Crouch just about get the call over Ngog and Voronin
And 20ml on an injured player to replace Alonso was not a great move

As for only selling players who wanted to leave!
Rafas poor man management shoved them towards the door. he could have kept them all if he wanted to.

Oh and my monies on Aquilani getting moved on the end of next season for less than half the fee
teamleader1

Postby DrPepe » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:16 pm

teamleader1 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
teamleader1 wrote:

His :censored: poor decision making on who and more importantly when to sell has cost us dear and his choice of replacements has been laughable
Now Im no expert but I will stick my neck out and say that both Keane and Crouch just about get the call over Ngog and Voronin
And 20ml on an injured player to replace Alonso was not a great move

As for only selling players who wanted to leave!
Rafas poor man management shoved them towards the door. he could have kept them all if he wanted to.

Oh and my monies on Aquilani getting moved on the end of next season for less than half the fee

no one is saying the aquilani move was great (in the short term) - its already proven costly

not interested in talking figures but without even considering the lesser lights the likes of reina, agger, bennyoun, mascher, torres (all "rafa shyte") would bring in plenty $$$ and go to top clubs. Then there's the second level players like kuyt, riera, skrtl , babel all would likely  meet the fee they were bought for...
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:41 pm

DrPepe wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:

we don't have to sell anyone who we  have contracted to us - are you suggesting we could have kept him and run his contract down?

given what we know about finances , and the players  wishes that would be extremely stupid imo  :blush:

He had 3 years left not 1.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Im guessing the fact that Rafa thought he would have the 30 mil to strengthen his squad with players like turner and silva helped the choice about wether to let him go .
Benny The Noon

Postby teamleader1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:13 pm

DrPepe wrote:not interested in talking figures but without even considering the lesser lights the likes of reina, agger, bennyoun, mascher, torres (all "rafa shyte") would bring in plenty $$$ and go to top clubs. Then there's the second level players like kuyt, riera, skrtl , babel all would likely  meet the fee they were bought for...

Hes been at Anfield for 6 years not 5 minutes!

Do you really think that he deserves a medal for picking up some decent players?
Its also fair comment to say that Liverpools great history helped them decide

Anyway the results of 6 years is there to be seen on the pitch

and its not very impressive is it really?
teamleader1

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion