Race for UCL spot

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:37 pm

Going to be a tough one this year with few teams in it to grab a spot.

14 games to go...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:56 am

We will come good
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:14 am

Chelsea and West ham won so we sit 6th currently. Everton and Villa 2 games in hand and if both win will find ourselves 8th.

We MUST beat Everton!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:05 am

redshade » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:14 pm wrote:Chelsea and West ham won so we sit 6th currently. Everton and Villa 2 games in hand and if both win will find ourselves 8th.

We MUST beat Everton!

The players need to get their fvcking @rses into gear and stop fvcking around, as much as I love them for what they have done over the past 3 years it’s absolutely sickening watching the press round on the manager like a pack of hyenas.
Forget the City and Leicester games, our manager is having to take all this sh1t, at a time when he is going through a personal crisis and personal crisises don’t come much worse than the death of a parent, because our players can’t beat the fvcking likes of Fulham, West Brom, Burnley, Brighton x 2 and Newcastle. If they would have beaten teams they should have beaten we’d be top now and that’s with the City and Leicester losses factored in.
They need to stop missing sitters/butchering chances at the top end of the pitch and fvcking carrying on like Fred Karno’s at the back. Starting tomorrow against Red Bull they need to stop fvcking around and start acting like the champions they are.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:47 am

Well said, time for them get in gear, fix up and play for Klopp. We've said it countless times, season starts against RB tonight. No more dubious mistakes, lads should play like possessed maniacs.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:04 am

Might as well just delete this thread.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:19 pm

The only way to get to an UCL spot now is through winning the damn thing. I'm not being funny, sure we're awful at the moment but we've only been awful for 2 or 3 months and I'm not going to lose faith in this team after witnessing some absolute miracles in the past 3 years or so. And it's going to take nothing short of another miracle for us to win the UCL this season, but thankfully, the only club capable of such a feat is Liverpool.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:46 pm

damjan193 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:19 pm wrote:The only way to get to an UCL spot now is through winning the damn thing. I'm not being funny, sure we're awful at the moment but we've only been awful for 2 or 3 months and I'm not going to lose faith in this team after witnessing some absolute miracles in the past 3 years or so. And it's going to take nothing short of another miracle for us to win the UCL this season, but thankfully, the only club capable of such a feat is Liverpool.

In all honesty, I don't think we have a hope in hell this season of winning it. Too many key players out, too many games played by too many outfield players, second choice players not good enough.
I actually think City will win the Champions League thus year.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:11 am

We would need to haul back 10 points which just might be to much at this stage but I wouldn't write us off yet. We have 5 days to prepare for Wolves which is a must win and then we have the international break. By the time that is over hopefully we will be raring to go. If we keep winning games and get within a few points the others will feel the pressure.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:37 pm

damjan193 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:19 pm wrote:The only way to get to an UCL spot now is through winning the damn thing. I'm not being funny, sure we're awful at the moment but we've only been awful for 2 or 3 months and I'm not going to lose faith in this team after witnessing some absolute miracles in the past 3 years or so. And it's going to take nothing short of another miracle for us to win the UCL this season, but thankfully, the only club capable of such a feat is Liverpool.

Sorry to say, given the disruption to the squad through injuries and general lack of form no way are we going to win the CL this season. Without even seeing the draw, I'd be f*cking amazed if we even get through the next round.

IMO, we've gotta tighten up and attempt to go on a run in the premiership that will at least secure us a top four finish. As things stand, I have more faith that we are capable of finishing in a CL place for next seasons competition than we are of being CL champions this term.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:04 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:37 pm wrote:

Sorry to say, given the disruption to the squad through injuries and general lack of form no way are we going to win the CL this season. Without even seeing the draw, I'd be f*cking amazed if we even get through the next round.

IMO, we've gotta tighten up and attempt to go on a run in the premiership that will at least secure us a top four finish. As things stand, I have more faith that we are capable of finishing in a CL place for next seasons competition than we are of being CL champions this term.

I think if we are banking on CL football next season by winning the the CL this year, we will most likely come up short as there are some good teams and I’m not sure we are better, we may have struggled against BM last year when we were more dominant. Our real chance is placing top four, not going to be easy but we can still do it, obviously we have to not lose any more matches though and I’m losing confidence that we can do it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:54 pm

There are probably at least 3 or 4 teams still left in the CL who have probably got our number atm (Bayern, City, Chelsea etc) but sometimes you just never know, as I understand it both the Quarter Final and Semi Final draws are sorted out by this next upcoming draw and yes as highly unlikely as it is there is a possibility that we could find ourselves on the opposite side of the draw to all 3 of those clubs.
Even if they end up in our half of the draw maybe 2 of them like Bayern and City or Bayern and Chelsea will draw each other, maybe those clubs will have a major dip in form just as we start to regain form.
We are not the favourites but we do have a chance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:16 pm

During these 6 home losses if only we had at least won 2 of them, how things could've been more closer.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:06 pm

redshade » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:16 pm wrote:During these 6 home losses if only we had at least won 2 of them, how things could've been more closer.

Just drawing against Chelsea and Leicester would have made a huge difference.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:37 pm

Porto, Chelsea and see you in the final  :eyebrow  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion