Down and out? - Race over mid oct.............

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dazzer » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:48 am

Greavesie wrote:I dont think its over, its certainly getting there tho.

Christ even Zamora scored, :censored: Zamora, surely thats some indication of how bad its been. Surely Zamora scoring will make them see how bad they've been. You cant get a bigger wake up call than :censored: Zamora, if that doesnt do it, nothing will

I agree you know you having a bad day when Zamora scores from 10 yards.  :Oo:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:34 am

It's not over till the fat lady sings. But it is looking like a very very very big mountain to climb and I must admit all the hopes and aspirations at the beginning of the season are now gone. I had a bad feeling when Alonso wanted to leave. I've said again and again that the partnerhsip of Gerrard and Torres were devastating because of Alonso's distribution and passing. I also had a bad feeling when we sold Keane back without bringing in a replacement. But we went on that run to challenge the Mancs all the way last season. Rafa must see that the partnership of Masch and Lucas doesn't work when we need to break down other teams.

Having said that there is still plenty of time left for the season to turn around. All out first teamers could recover from their injuries in time for us to pick up the season. Aquilani is on the verge of being fit. Agger made a good come back during the manc game. Now that we have seen Degen in action, he's not too bad IMO. If all our first choice players become fit again, who knows what will happen to the season...

Right now though our squad looks very very thin... but did it seem like it was over when we were losing 3-0 to Milan in Istanbul? It certainly did. But fortunately, Rafa and the players knew that they still had half a game to play. Well right now, they will have to know that they still have 2/3's a season to play...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:33 am

League campaign over (again).

Now only the FA and Uefa cup (Looks like we won't quailify for the champ league knock-out stages too) to look foward too.

If benitez can get the team to somehow to get back to acceptable level...we could have a decent run in those 2 cups. So hopefully we have more to play for this season. But come end of the season, i hope he walks. He just does not have what it takes to manage a massive club like ours. (He is a coach....not a manager).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:38 am

Done and dusted.... I honestly believe that we're out of it. Here's hoping that either Chelsea or Arsenal step up to the plate and not let the bloody Mancs get ahead of us in the League title count.
ConnO'var

Postby CardinalRed » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:32 pm

I've always admired Rafa from a tactical viewpoint but the plain facts of the matter are that tactics can only be utilised with the best tools and so, so many of our squad are just not up to the task........ Regardless of the money involved, selling Alonso was a foregone conclusion after what Rafa did to him in the 08-09 Season (the Barry affair) and Xabi's leaving has been a step back whatever anyone might think. Rafa's transfer dealings are average at best, I watched Michael Turner up at Sunderland and he just gets better and better, he is a dominant centre-half and a real threat at set pieces...... he was available during the Summer and we got Zorba.....!!! 'nuff said, I really do think we need a little more home grown "backbone" in the side, look how Danny Murphy has blossomed at Fulham, a cheeky bid for him wouldn't have been out of place either but we seem to get young foreign players (Lucas, N'gog, Babel, Degen etc) and they just don't appear to have the mettle for the Premiership........

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:45 pm

The_Rock wrote:League campaign over (again).

Now only the FA and Uefa cup (Looks like we won't quailify for the champ league knock-out stages too) to look foward too.

If benitez can get the team to somehow to get back to acceptable level...we could have a decent run in those 2 cups. So hopefully we have more to play for this season. But come end of the season, i hope he walks. He just does not have what it takes to manage a massive club like ours. (He is a coach....not a manager).

so how is he a coach and not a manager?  ???
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:28 pm

ConnO'var wrote:Done and dusted.... I honestly believe that we're out of it. Here's hoping that either Chelsea or Arsenal step up to the plate and not let the bloody Mancs get ahead of us in the League title count.

Amen to that
I think its time for us to accept that Rafa is not the man to lead us to the PL title. I still think we will qualify for next years CL and I hope he takes the FA cup seriously because that looks like our only lifeline to a trophy
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:41 pm

maguskwt wrote:

Knock yourself out....

1)Sub-par man management skills
2)Not good enough in scouting the right players for this league
3)Bad PR skills with stakeholders
4)Doesn't learn from past mistakes
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:42 pm

The_Rock wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

Knock yourself out....

And theyre just his good points... :wwww
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:42 pm

The_Rock wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

Knock yourself out....

examples?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:02 pm

The treatment of Alonso was a good example of Rafa's man management skills.
From Rafa's point of view he will feel that is the way it has to be.
Gerrard and Carragher both alluded to Benitez's cold manner - now Torres has hinted at it in his book.
You can maybe get too close to the players and become too soft - like Royston seemed to be.
Problem with Rafa there only seems to be one way of going things , no plan b.
THEBARON

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion