Race for UCL spot

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby electrum » Tue May 11, 2021 9:41 pm

Its gone I think...99% certain we don't get top 4 now
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 11, 2021 10:30 pm

It would take a minor miracle. Sadly we've dropped too many points to far too many poor sides.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Tue May 11, 2021 11:49 pm

We blew it with the draws against Leeds and Newcastle. We put ourselves in a position to win both games but then didn't have the composure to control the ball and see out the game. More than anything the lack of leadership and composure has been disappointing.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Wed May 12, 2021 2:25 am

We have no one to blame except ourselves, our performances and results since 1st January have been a disaster.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed May 12, 2021 4:09 am

Reg » Wed May 12, 2021 1:25 am wrote:We have no one to blame except ourselves, our performances and results since 1st January have been a disaster.

Very disappointed in the team as the players have let the supporters down. Some players will move on wanting CL football and all will continue to get paid handsomely. This was not a team that did their best, this was a team that completely underperformed. We were a team that hardly ever lost and now we have become average. After years of disappointment we finally got to got to hold our heads high. Can the players ever reach that exceptional level they were at again? It sure was nice watching them dominate the world of football. I just hope we don’t have to wait another 30 years to win the title again. Wen you consider next year and all the spending that will go on with the other teams, this team will have to work hard to compete.

Only player that deserves an honorable mention this year is Fabinho, the rest let the team down. Even if Salah wins the golden boot, there were many chances this year where had he passed the ball or finished a little better we would be not be battling for fourth, he seemed more concerned with personal glory than the team.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Wed May 12, 2021 2:11 pm

To be fair if someone offered me the title last year and no CL after the following season I would have snatched their hand off. We have won PL and CL in the last three seasons.

We will be back amongst it next season.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 12, 2021 10:24 pm

So Chelsea lost against Arsenal which gives us a bit of hope. If only City did their job against them it would have been in our hands now. Still, there's a small chance we may get 4th if we win all of our remaining games, with Chelsea and Leicester playing eachother and Leicester having a tricky final day game against Spurs. Tomorrow's match against the mancs is still huge for us.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 12, 2021 11:22 pm

Would love it to happen.  But I just can't see us winning all of our last games. Hopefully the boys prove me wrong
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed May 12, 2021 11:25 pm

All begins tomorrow, If we beat United then we could start talking about potential scenarios.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 13, 2021 10:21 pm

3 games to go. It's almost back in our hands.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:02 pm

7_Kewell » Thu May 13, 2021 11:21 pm wrote:3 games to go. It's almost back in our hands.

I think it already is in our hands. Leicester have a better goal difference by just one goal but we have a game in hand. If they get beat by Chelsea they'd have to trash Spurs in their final game to have a better goal difference than us. If they win or draw against Chelsea then we'd have more points than Chelsea. We just need to win our remaining games and we're very likely in.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri May 14, 2021 2:56 am

Leicester/Chelsea, what a game next Tuesday. At the end of the day the FA cup final on Saturday has a meaningless outcome so both sides will be saving themselves for the league game. You could say that Chelsea will have half an eye on the CL final but this'll be Leicester’s CL final. Massive game. I think we have to pray for a Leicester win and hope we can overhaul the Chavs.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri May 14, 2021 9:24 pm

Reg » Fri May 14, 2021 1:56 am wrote:Leicester/Chelsea, what a game next Tuesday. At the end of the day the FA cup final on Saturday has a meaningless outcome so both sides will be saving themselves for the league game. You could say that Chelsea will have half an eye on the CL final but this'll be Leicester’s CL final. Massive game. I think we have to pray for a Leicester win and hope we can overhaul the Chavs.

I'm predicting a FA cup win for Leicester and a league defeat on Tuesday
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed May 19, 2021 12:01 am

Chelsea 2-1 Leicester.

Would have preferred Chelsea would've tonked them.
Ideally a Leicester win or draw was best.

Anyhow could potentially end on GD, we are 1+ atm, hope we add few more tomorrow.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed May 19, 2021 12:02 am

7_Kewell » Fri May 14, 2021 9:24 pm wrote:
Reg » Fri May 14, 2021 1:56 am wrote:Leicester/Chelsea, what a game next Tuesday. At the end of the day the FA cup final on Saturday has a meaningless outcome so both sides will be saving themselves for the league game. You could say that Chelsea will have half an eye on the CL final but this'll be Leicester’s CL final. Massive game. I think we have to pray for a Leicester win and hope we can overhaul the Chavs.

I'm predicting a FA cup win for Leicester and a league defeat on Tuesday

Got that spot on mate.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion