Race for UCL spot

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:49 am

Interesting article showing the main contenders run in, we have a very favourable last 9 games to be honest....  :buttrock

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 17494.html
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:38 am

Reg » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:49 am wrote:Interesting article showing the main contenders run in, we have a very favourable last 9 games to be honest....  :buttrock

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 17494.html

I really think we need to win every game left, we can do it. If we can just string some wins together, momentum will carry us through including a win against ManUre who think they let as off the hook at Anfield by being negative, if they dare and attack I think the match is ours for the taking. We just need to get our mojo back!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:31 am

How many have we gone on international duty ? Are they even allowed to leave the country.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:42 am

red till i die!! » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:31 am wrote:How many have we gone on international duty ? Are they even allowed to leave the country.

Looks like it mate, it’s World Cup qualifying and as far as Europe, North America and Central America are concerned there seems to be a full list of international fixtures (England are away to Albania, Ireland play Luxembourg, Scotland play Israel though for some reason Wales and N.I are playing friendlies (v Mexico and USA) and not qualifiers).
All South American WC qualifying games seem to have been postponed though and I’m not sure what the score is with Africa. I don’t think our players leave for another week anyway, we haven’t got a game but it’s the FA Cup this weekend and there are two or three prem games as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:56 pm

Cheers Yakka, just reading there that Keita is heading off anyway but will be back early as Namibia is on the uk quarantine list so he wont be involved there.

Of all players to go I cannot believe we let him. He has barely proved his fitness here and just returned from injury. If hes not fit enough to start for us then he shouldn't  be fit to start for them. If he gets injured again we have only ourselves to blame.

It's totally ridiculous that these internationals are allowed to happen in the first place.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:22 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:56 pm wrote:Cheers Yakka, just reading there that Keita is heading off anyway but will be back early as Namibia is on the uk quarantine list so he wont be involved there.

Of all players to go I cannot believe we let him. He has barely proved his fitness here and just returned from injury. If hes not fit enough to start for us then he shouldn't  be fit to start for them. If he gets injured again we have only ourselves to blame.

It's totally ridiculous that these internationals are allowed to happen in the first place.

Yeah I couldn’t agree more mate, allowing players to leave the protective bubble that surrounds them at their club sides to go jetting off to all points of the compass in the middle of a global pandemic just seems to be asking for trouble to me.
You only need one player to come back with it and the whole squad could potentially have to go into quarantine. I don’t think there’s a country that isn’t in some form of lockdown so Covid is pretty much everywhere, this is not the time to be travelling.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:48 pm

Over here if your caught more than 5k from your house it's a hundred euro fine for each person.  If you try to fly off on holiday it's a couple of grand per person each way  :laugh:  Klopp couldn't see his sick mother before she passed and Ali couldn't be with his family after an absolute tragedy but it's ok to play silly internationals. I dont think anyone really gives a fook if there is a W.C next year or not.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:52 am

Borussia Dortmund v Chelsea
Porto v Liverpool
Paris Saint-Germain v Real Madrid
Manchester City v Bayern Munich

:eyebrow

We are due some good luck
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:54 pm

3. Leicester - 56 (7 games remaining)
4. West Ham - 55 (7 games remaining)
5. Chelsea - 54 (7 games remaining)
6. Liverpool - 52 (7 games remaining)
7. Tottenham - 49 (7 games remaining)
8. Everton - 47 (9 games remaining)

Leicester to play: Manchester United, Chelsea, Tottenham (3 out of 7 remaining)

Chelsea to play: West Ham, Manchester City, Arsenal, Leicester (4 out of 7 remaining)

Liverpool to play: Manchester United (1 out of 7 remaining)

West Ham to play: Chelsea, Everton (2 out of 7 remaining)

Tottenham to play: Everton, Leicester (2 out of 7 remaining)

Everton to play: Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham, Manchester City (4 out of 9 remaining)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have got a great opportunity to snap a UCL spot, we just need to keep plugging away and let the others take points off each other.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 pm

We have the easier run in. And leicester seem to be in free fall. I quite fancy our chances to finish 3rd.  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:50 pm

So it's turned into 2 from 6 and we definitely have the easiest run in. With us likely to be knocked out the CL on Wednesday we'll just have 1 game a week to concentrate  on. As long as we don't get injuries to any key players I fancy us to make it now.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:35 pm

United and Leeds away are tricky for us. Leeds are unpredictable and with their style of play they will definitely aim to bombard our defence.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:36 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 pm wrote:We have the easier run in. And leicester seem to be in free fall. I quite fancy our chances to finish 3rd.  :nod

Wouldn't be surprised if Rogers screws it up again like last season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:53 pm

With West Ham 2-0 down and with a red card at the moment against Newcastle, they're likely to drop 3 points today so it's a great opportunity for us to get to 4th if we beat Leeds on Monday. We'll be a point above Chelsea and a point behind 3rd placed Leicester, albiet both having a game in hand. Still, a victory on Monday will be huge and also a big morale boost.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:33 pm

West Ham have lost and we can go 4th (and 1 point behind Leicester) with a win on Monday.

I'm still confident that we'll nab 3rd.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion