Down and out? - Race over mid oct.............

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Madmax » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:26 pm

4 defeats this early is a bad sign for any team challenging for the title. We are struggling atm we lack depth and quality. Wierd how well we performed last season when our stars were missing but this season it seems like we have lost the plot.

What is going on??! Is it rafa? is the our transfers? Is the the owners?

At this rate we will be lucky to finnish 4th.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:29 pm

yeah so start a thread to show that you have given up on the team you support... nice going... :bowdown
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Its just the result of a club being mismanaged from top to bottom not all rafa faults not all the owners fault and of course the players most of them are utter sh.it.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:31 pm

maguskwt wrote:yeah so start a thread to show that you have given up on the team you support... nice going... :bowdown

Stop trolling if you can't add to the topic fu.ck off.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Dazzer wrote:
maguskwt wrote:yeah so start a thread to show that you have given up on the team you support... nice going... :bowdown

Exactly... All i would like to know is what the feck is going on and  to see what others views are.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Rafa - Partly to blame, but its not really his fault. I still believe he is the right man for the job
Our transfers - Partly to blame, but we really didnt have any choice with the recent climate and.....
Our owners - Partly to blame, they are cunts but I do feel some sympathy for them (and US!) for the untimely economic crisis.

Overall, it is not as if there are huge problems that we have that we can realistically do anything about. Our results have been worse then our performances, but probably the worst thing we could do is panic and over-react. Hopefully we can turn the recent poor run of results around, confirm a CL spot for next year and make a final in a major cup.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Dazzer wrote:

and you added to the thread?  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby access » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:03 pm

I certainly dont like 'jumping on the bandwagon' and saying our title aspirations are over ... I certainly dont think so yet.

We could win the next three or four Premiership matches and things could inevitably change Chelsea are struggling for form as are United you cant tell me they are both the teams they were... but I watched the match today even if it was on a poor stream and we looked fairly poor and clueless in the end ... I am sure we are seriously suffering from the lack of 'Alonso' appeal and it appears he added more to the heart of the team than I ever thought.

I am now more worried about the potential strength of the other top six Premiership teams ... it used to be beat the likes of United Chelsea and Arsenal and you could probably figure you have the strength to finish top 3 or 4 but now the Premiership has changed and this concerns me ... Man City - Spurs - Aston Villa and today Sunderland have real aspirations and streangth and depth

I know this sounds negative but I wonder now because we have lost the four matches already the doubts start to creep in especially in our play ... last year must have hit the players hard especially after finishing so close.

All the doubters on here could be proved wrong if we beat the Mancs next week and other results go our way and we put a run of games together.
access

Postby maguskwt » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:07 pm

access wrote:I certainly dont like 'jumping on the bandwagon' and saying our title aspirations are over ... I certainly dont think so yet.

We could win the next three or four Premiership matches and things could inevitably change Chelsea are struggling for form as are United you cant tell me they are both the teams they were... but I watched the match today even if it was on a poor stream and we looked fairly poor and clueless in the end ... I am sure we are seriously suffering from the lack of 'Alonso' appeal and it appears he added more to the heart of the team than I ever thought.

I am now more worried about the potential strength of the other top six Premiership teams ... it used to be beat the likes of United Chelsea and Arsenal and you could probably figure you have the strength to finish top 3 or 4 but now the Premiership has changed and this concerns me ... Man City - Spurs - Aston Villa and today Sunderland have real aspirations and streangth and depth

I know this sounds negative but I wonder now because we have lost the four matches already the doubts start to creep in especially in our play ... last year must have hit the players hard especially after finishing so close.

All the doubters on here could be proved wrong if we beat the Mancs next week and other results go our way and we put a run of games together.

forget it... let's all give up when we have 29 games more to play...  :no
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eonerf » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:31 pm

The way I see it selling Xabi Alonso has brought us downhill quite a bit which is weird because it wasn't until last season where he became nearly as important to the team as much as Gerrard and Torres are. Ideally we need Aqualini ASAP and see what he can do as we haven't got much other options. I mean we are limited by the fact that Torres seems to do best as a lone striker so we now need to sort out the midfield as well as our defence.
eonerf

Postby sgs » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:02 pm

We could never have lost this game on the basis of superior tactics or players by Sunderland. It was always going to come down to heart and intensity.

The dissapointment is seeing us go thru the same things we've done in such circumstances, always leaving it to the 60min to make a sub; always leaving to the last few minutes to raise the tempo..It almost feels like we are going thru the same all too familiar motions...

You watch United and Chelsea in such circumstances and they ALWAYS look more likely to come back than us...

Its sad to admit but Rafa still has not mastered the mentality of the English game.
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Madmax » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:07 pm

After we conceded we should have raised the game to another level just like we did in the last few mins. Its a shame that we placed with poor pace and lacked creativity. Alot of poor performances i guess.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Look, Aqualini isn't going to make a titch of feckin difference.

The squad is threadbare and we rely far too heavilly on just two players. Our centre midfield is impotent much of the time and our attack is too easilly blunted.

Liverpool's squad is just not good enough to win the title. It's that simple.

The bloody rose tinted glasses need to come off and we need to get in some good "fit and ready" players at Christmas if we're to at least save a CL spot, cos we I think we CAN say goodbye to the title at this stage, because there is nothing to suggest that we have any chance of winning it...not unless Utd or Chelsea's campaign comes off the rails in a really serious way.
tonyeh

Postby Dazzer » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:34 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Dazzer wrote:

and you added to the thread?  :laugh:

Yeah I did if you bothered to read my post before that one really get a life.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Clearly to win a league you must do a lot of things right, and having 4 defeats in 9 games is something that cannot invite to optimism despite stranger things and come backs I've seen in football.

Rafa has some of the guilt. He signed Aquilani injured, and that means he had confidence in players like Lucas. Even if Aquilani was ready from the beginning, at some point of the season we'd need that the players that substitute the key players when injuries or otherwise come, are decent substitutes.

Babel is not ready for that, Lucas is not ready for that, and that Rafa bet has gone pear shaped. The history of Babel in this club is the history of lots of chances wasted. He count himself lucky because most players on a red shirt hadn't that many chances.

Rafa has then part of the guilt, players that should be showing more when our usual saviours are not available, and the owners, every one of them have a piece of the blame.

I think that we have a very good manager, and we won't witness a disaster like occupying the 8th place we're right now when the season ends. I think we'll come back but definitely so far, this is not good enough. Also I don't know what's going on with Riera, he was important enough last season, and this season he should be more present, especially in days in which the key players are not available.

It would be good we punch the table at Old Trafford to bring back some optimism.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion