LIVERPOOL VS PSV EINDHOVEN - Wednesday 19.45

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:43 am

Emerald Red wrote:As per usual, some folks just can't still go with the flow and enjoy what was a very good win. We're looking good all over the pitch now, and we're looking as if we can both control and dismantle teams at will, no matter who. And before any of you cynical feckers jump in with the most wittiest and sarcastic of responses of "but we drew against Stoke," yes, I'm aware of that anomaly in our season, but we hardly played :censored: that day either. Chelsea drew against Cluj FFS. I don't see anyone jumping on that bandwagon, especially the press. The little men of this world are entitled to their 15 minutes of fame the odd time.

Point is, we're looking solid, and gaining some good form and solidity to our play. We've beaten two of our biggest rivals so far, and done it comfortably as well. We're on a roll and long may it continue. You pessimistic fuckers might want to take your coats and head for the exit, because there's just no cause for any negativity from your kind at the moment.

Oh right, so as soon as we lose and the same problems are there we're then knee jerkers right?

The best time to look for improvement is when you're getting things right lad. Thats when you learn the most, thats where you fix potential problems that may arise. Its far better to plan ahead then wait for it to happen then react.

You obviously wouldn't understand this point of view though as you seem to think everythings perfect as it is.

I'm telling you now there will be a period in the season where our weaknesses will be exposed. Where the right side is completely unable to contribute and keeps losing the ball and breaking up momentum, where the lack of arial dominance at the back will cost us points and the lack of ability to stop crosses into the box will cost us goals (as it did tonight).

Instead of planning to eradicate these weaknesses and pointing them out, we should just get on with happy clapping though yes?

Great attitude. A real winner you are lad.

:laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:44 am

Emerald Red wrote:As per usual, some folks just can't still go with the flow and enjoy what was a very good win. We're looking good all over the pitch now, and we're looking as if we can both control and dismantle teams at will, no matter who. And before any of you cynical feckers jump in with the most wittiest and sarcastic of responses of "but we drew against Stoke," yes, I'm aware of that anomaly in our season, but we hardly played :censored: that day either. Chelsea drew against Cluj FFS. I don't see anyone jumping on that bandwagon, especially the press. The little men of this world are entitled to their 15 minutes of fame the odd time.

Point is, we're looking solid, and gaining some good form and solidity to our play. We've beaten two of our biggest rivals so far, and done it comfortably as well. We're on a roll and long may it continue. You pessimistic fuckers might want to take your coats and head for the exit, because there's just no cause for any negativity from your kind at the moment.

Hey the world really does look better with these rose tinted contact lenses I've just put in.  :D
Seriously though I totally agree with you, that was a good performance all round and the team seems to be getting better by the week.
heimdall

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:59 am

Nicely put. Damned if you do, damned if you dont. I must admit, before the season began I wasnt as optimistic but its been a good start, not brilliant performances but enough to win games. Id love nothing more than to see rafa get a new contract at the end of the season because that would mean we have challenged. And rafa will then realise to pick his best each game without the mass rotation. All im seeing now is justification from members picking out players as the weak link to the team so that if it does go wrong its the ole "told ya so" syndrome. At the minute im enjoying our results, our good run and that doesnt make me a happy clapper, it simply makes me a supporter. Dish out the scrutiny when its deserved but have the class to dish out the praise also.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:34 am

Fo Dne wrote:

Oh right, so as soon as we lose and the same problems are there we're then knee jerkers right?

The best time to look for improvement is when you're getting things right lad. Thats when you learn the most, thats where you fix potential problems that may arise. Its far better to plan ahead then wait for it to happen then react.

You obviously wouldn't understand this point of view though as you seem to think everythings perfect as it is.

I'm telling you now there will be a period in the season where our weaknesses will be exposed. Where the right side is completely unable to contribute and keeps losing the ball and breaking up momentum, where the lack of arial dominance at the back will cost us points and the lack of ability to stop crosses into the box will cost us goals (as it did tonight).

Instead of planning to eradicate these weaknesses and pointing them out, we should just get on with happy clapping though yes?

Who's even talking to you?

BlueKipper is this way BTW --------------------------->Talking shyte since 1878 You sound like you belong more there than in here.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:04 am

I suppose thats the most relaxed I have been while watching Liverpool for quite a while. Early goal, poor opposition, and until we went to sleep after celebrating Gerrards goal little chance of them scoring. TBH I am still not sure whether it was Liverpool that were so good or PSV that were so poor. We won so who cares!

A great goal again by Gerrard rounded off a great result , which should be enough to to see us qualify barring any major disasters, although we will need a result against Athletico if we are to finish top of our group.

Scholes out for 10weeks , Drogba possibly out for the same, and things are really starting to look up, a win against Citeh and I will be buying my happy clappy glasses and bidding farewell to the good ship doom and gloom (at least for a while     :p )
account deleted by request

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:26 am

Fo Dne wrote:

Stu can I ask how old you are just out of interest ?
Last edited by LegBarnes on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:42 am

heres the Keane goal! woohoo!
he is so cute the way he jumps on Torres

longer and better version
maypaxvobiscum

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:05 am

In fairness it's not doom and gloom to talk about ways in which the team can improve. What are people supoosed to say after a win? "that's great now we're going to do the quadruple". There will be sterner tests than PSV, and IMHO it's reasonable to not just wollow in the win (nice though it is) but to also think of the next match.

We saw this with the rotation debate. Those of us who thought it was overdone were shouted down, only for the manager to eventually agree the point. Now if you come on and suggest there should be only one change for the next game, you're a doomer and gloomer? people need to get a grip if you ask me.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:06 am

maypaxvobiscum

Postby Thewaykokid » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:28 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:wanna watch someting funny? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FuTMluW6tY&feature=related

I knew it! :D
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:32 am

Thewaykokid wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:wanna watch someting funny? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FuTMluW6tY&feature=related

I knew it! :D

whats ur fave pick-up line ?  :laugh:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Effes » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:35 am

bigmick wrote:In fairness it's not doom and gloom to talk about ways in which the team can improve. What are people supoosed to say after a win? "that's great now we're going to do the quadruple". There will be sterner tests than PSV, and IMHO it's reasonable to not just wollow in the win (nice though it is) but to also think of the next match.

We saw this with the rotation debate. Those of us who thought it was overdone were shouted down, only for the manager to eventually agree the point. Now if you come on and suggest there should be only one change for the next game, you're a doomer and gloomer? people need to get a grip if you ask me.

HERE HERE!
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:18 am

Sabre wrote:
Ciggy wrote:21 games unbeaten and some of you kunts on here moan pahh.

Well in redmen  :buttrock

Well in Dirk lad you feckin workhorse, what a player.

21 games unbeaten is to say something, what is the record?  :buttrock

You might technically claim we are unbeaten in a run of around 20 games if you exclude the ET defeat in the away leg of our semi with Chelsea. If you do exclude that then it's 22 unbeaten in all competitions, if you don't then it's 13.

Last league game we lost would be the manc defeat and that means we're 13 games unbeaten in the Premiership. But instead of worrying about a record like that, let's worry about winning our most Premiership games in one season ever - 27 or so would do nicely  :eyebrow
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:28 am

s@int wrote:I suppose thats the most relaxed I have been while watching Liverpool for quite a while. Early goal, poor opposition, and until we went to sleep after celebrating Gerrards goal little chance of them scoring. TBH I am still not sure whether it was Liverpool that were so good or PSV that were so poor. We won so who cares!

A great goal again by Gerrard rounded off a great result , which should be enough to to see us qualify barring any major disasters, although we will need a result against Athletico if we are to finish top of our group.

Scholes out for 10weeks , Drogba possibly out for the same, and things are really starting to look up, a win against Citeh and I will be buying my happy clappy glasses and bidding farewell to the good ship doom and gloom (at least for a while     :p )

It is a good result in so many ways, our best scoreline of the season and giving us six points with only four more needed. I hope Marseille draw with PSV at least once, we have the two toughies against Atletico Madrid but looking at it another way we have two home games and PSV away to pick up 4+ points. Atletico will probably settle for a draw in one or both of the games, knowing that like us, they don't need to go all out to take points off their main rivals.

PSV look a poor side, I can't believe we drew 0-0 with them a couple of seasons ago. Kuyt got us off to the flier we so often could do with but don't get. Gerrard and RobKeaneho got the goals each wanted for very different reasons, shame Gerrard's 100th couldn't coincide with our Premiership 1,000th. Maybe now he's got to 100 he'll pick up his game and stop slacking  :laugh: All these tap-ins, lucky deflections and shinners are getting ridiculous now!

That was Rafa's 250th game in charge, 142nd win overall (56.8%) and his 120th home game, of which he's won 84 (70.0%)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:51 am

LegBarnes wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

Stu can I ask how old you are just out of interest ?

By the quality of his spelling day in day out i'd say 8.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion