LIVERPOOL VS PSV EINDHOVEN - Wednesday 19.45

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:21 am

Just saw the game today , i thought we played well and we deserved the 3 points , the goal we conceded was very sloppy and i think skrtel could have headed that out but he was ball watching , bar that he bad moment , he has been consistent and solid so far this season . Stu brought up a valid point , about our defenders bar hypia lack aerial presence and i think their goal was a good example . Enough with the bad , now for the good points , of course robbie keane getting his first goal , brilliant ball in by torres , the two are starting to show more convincing signs of gelling together , Stevie hitting his 100 goal for the club , what a record , and what a way to get it . Dirk kuyt , special praise for him , got a goal , it came of the keepers' knee but so what , his job was to score and he did , he also set up and indirect assist by dribbling 3 PSV players and passing the ball for torres who than set up keane's goal . I don't think kuyt should be dropped , he was good last night . Athelico will be the real test , aguero scored again tonight , and if we can keep him quiet for 2 games , we will win unless little luis pops up with one of his spectaculars for them . 6 points , roll on athelco
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:21 am

Fo Dne wrote:Agreed, the only change I'd make at the weekend would be Pennant for Kuyt.

Lost the plot lad.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:34 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:wanna watch someting funny? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FuTMluW6tY&feature=related

this is my favourite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rJuznpwkCM&feature=related

"IN YOUR FACE!!!!"
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben1988 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:36 am

LegBarnes wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Ive got 2 worrys about our team .

1: The internatinal shit.

2:  Breaking teams down who park the bus.

If my reds over come that obsticle this season then its out fuckin year.

Do it lads.

Here we go! :no

We aren't good enough. Deal with it.

Why dont you fuck off for good?

I'll second that. 

Can I say I 3rd it ?  :D

and here comes a 4th.... :no pessimists
Ben1988

Postby Ben1988 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:38 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Agreed, the only change I'd make at the weekend would be Pennant for Kuyt.

Lost the plot lad.

agreed.

Kuyt isn't brilliant but hes doing a good ish job, pennant would be a step backwards in my opinion. maybe starting bable right or gerrard in a 4man midfield, but not pennant.
Ben1988

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:56 am

Ok here´s my comments from being at the game last night.

1. The lads played with total confidence and never allowed PSV to get into any rythmn.
2. PSV had no answer to our quality passing, the space we created and the speed of closing them down when they did get the ball.
3. There were some rock solid performances last night, big Martin put in an excellent game and Agger must be wondering how he´s going to get his place back. Arbeloa and Aurelio were very handy in both defense and pushing forward. Thirty times last night Aurelio was in front of Reira yet also back to cover. Alonso played as good as he ever has done, thank god we didnt sell him and emphasising we didnt need to buy Barry. I dont think Barry could of played any better last night than Xavi so all credit to him. Torres was desparate to score but it wasnt his night. Keane palyed well, always active but seems he hasnt worked out just yet where he fits in just yet. (Gerrad pushing up, Kuyt buzzing around as well as other modfielders pushing forward so not sure whether keano feels he should be creating the goals or waiting to score them). Kuyt my MOTM, dominated the right side and effectively closed that avenue for PSV for large parts of the game. Stevie was Stevie. Reira had a quiet one, didnt seem to share the same buzz as the other lads.

Only disappointments for me were the substitutes - Yossi hung off and didnt dominate in his sector, I dont see the benefit of taking Reira off if Yossi played no better. Lucas..... I always want our players to do well but he stands out like a sore thumb, he´s Wigan quality to tell you the truth and I´d move him on. I dont think he´ll improve with age nor fit  in with our style nor team.

PSV were dominated from the outset and never found any rythmn. I´m convinced half their team didnt even break into a sweat. They played with NO sense of urgency at all, I really dont get it. If I was their manager or one of their fans I´d be well upset this morning.

Overall very competent and confident perfomance, we need to keep it going on sunday against Ci-teh.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:29 am

why people still wanting babel right ? He had a little cameo there last night and spent most of the time cutting inside again . He doesnt take players on the outside and just heads for the box
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben1988 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:39 am

If Bable cant do it, as it seems, then it has to be Kuyt....  id rather see garrard in the middle, pennant isnt up to the mark at the moment and yossi although sometimes plays better than he really should, is still an average player. It all comes down to the formation.

I do not like seeing dirk playin wide right in a 4man midfield so i would prefer gerrard wide, alonso and masch in the iddle with nando and keane upfront.

In a 451/4231 i think kuty can play the right mid fielder role, as havin 3 central midfielders gives him more of a licence to roam and link up well with nando on the defenses last man.

anyway.... wrong thread really
Ben1988

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Babel came on as the third sub and immediately took a knock, I was watching the lad and think he got the signal that the bench not to risk himself as we were already well up so just played out the remaining minutes which is why I didnt mention his performance above.

Playing Keane means we dont have to play Kuyt on the inside, effectively pushing him out wide to create space. I honestly wouldnt worry about it, its working well and the lads are creating chances and scoring - if it aint broken etc....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Well without apology I'm gonna be a "happy clapper" for today. F'uck formations and personnel and inquests into who didn't play that well. Last night we made a champions league match against the Dutch champions look like a training session, and I for one loved it.  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 pm

Reg wrote:Only disappointments for me were the substitutes - Yossi hung off and didnt dominate in his sector, I dont see the benefit of taking Reira off if Yossi played no better.

Rafa tends to take the left sided player off more often than not. Maybe because Kuyt runs and works for the full 90, it seems to be predetermined most of the time. It would explain why you see a player taken off and wonder why someone having a worse game wasn't taken off

- and no fo dne, I am not talking about Kuyt  :laugh:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:19 pm

Liverpool last night looked like the old Valencia. Sign for better things to come!
whylongball?

Postby taff » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:54 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Well without apology I'm gonna be a "happy clapper" for today. F'uck formations and personnel and inquests into who didn't play that well. Last night we made a champions league match against the Dutch champions look like a training session, and I for one loved it.  :buttrock

As Uncle Bob would say get the win and go home.  Three points in Europe and if we are in the semis or the final this game wont really be remembered, except that we were home and SG scored his 100th goal and Keanes first goal and that useless donkey who should be in the vauxhall conference scored a goal in Europe.  Oh, didnt he score in the champions league final :p
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:59 pm

Fo Dne wrote:where the lack of arial dominance at the back will cost us points

another cry for sami lead boots :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:00 pm

stu hangs himself in spectacular fashion :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion