Peter crouch - It must be his destiny not to score.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red @ Heart » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:02 pm

Poor Peter Crouch It must be his destiny not to score, i didnt watch the game as i had to work, but what i can gather he had a hatful of chances to score including a penalty which was saved, he seems to be getting closer but when will he break his duck?

your views.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:03 pm

he couldnt strike a match at the moment,dont know what the answer is.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:13 pm

The thing is Crouch is a good player but cause this has been going on for so long hes losing his composure/aggression in front of goal. When he gets his goal I can see a couple more flowing after.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kidder » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:25 pm

i feel sorry for crouch in a way. he could'nt score in a brothel at the mo :p

Y.N.W.A. DAD
kidder

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:44 pm

Aint seen the game yet and im looking forward to MOTD! But from what i heard Crouch played well.
Seen him on Soccer saturday after the match and he does'nt seem downbeat about it atal.I think he believes in himself and he commented last week that the support he's had from the Anfield fans keeps him going!Also every time hes interveiwed he seems a really top guy and decent!
I feel that its only a matter of time before he scores when he gets 1 more will follow,he's never gonna be a 20 a season man though and Raffa has even said that he never expected that off him!
It's all about confidence and settling into a new team for Crouch,he was scoring for fun last season at a lesser team!
He's no wonderplayer but he's still way too good not to be scoring!
The goals will come if he keeps working at it although it is hard to be patient at times,this is all we can do!
66-1120597113

Postby Lionheart » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Can't rate Crouch for the life of me. I would like to, don't get me wrong. He does seem like a decent kid but I just don't think he is premiership material.

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:56 pm

Still amazed at the goodwill in this forum that is extended to Crouch . He was never good enough to wear our shirt AND never will be .

F'uck it , what a waste of £7 million . We could have put that in our piggy bank and saved up to  bring  back Mickey . :angry:

ps to all you hand jobs that disagree with my perspective , go fk yourselves (again) .  :talktothehand

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:00 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Still amazed at the goodwill in this forum that is extended to Crouch . He was never good enough to wear our shirt AND never will be .

F'uck it , what a waste of £7 million . We could have put that in our piggy bank and saved up to  bring  back Mickey . :angry:

ps to all you hand jobs that disagree with my perspective , go fk yourselves (again) .  :talktothehand

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:06 pm

He's playing well ! Ok he's not scoring goals and i appreciate that's his job.Im not stupid enough to be blind to the fact that he should have scored by now!
But i just feel that every new player in every team should be given a season to settle properly and find form.Its hard not to judge and be critical when you care but its happened in the past and it will happen again that some players take long to settle then find form,establish themselves and come good!
It may happen with Crouch it may not,i just feel it will come!For £7million it better! :D
66-1120597113

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:16 pm

To be fair he did have a go today, the keeper saved 3 of his shots, but the jury is always going to be out on him. He has recieved so much backlash and he should not have taken that pen he was under so much pressure.

On a brighter note the bitters got battered 4-0 by the baggies :D  :buttrock
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:16 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Its hard not to judge and be critical when you care but its happened in the past and it will happen again that some players take long to settle then find form,establish themselves and come good!

Jeeeeeeeezuz , and the bible never lies .   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:18 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Still amazed at the goodwill in this forum that is extended to Crouch . He was never good enough to wear our shirt AND never will be .

I,ve said the same thing since we signed him,its just i,m getting fed up with argueing how sh!te he is.......so to keep the peace i reply with things like......oh i dont know what the answer is,when really the answer is we should never have bought him or get rid.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:25 pm

Well Rafa said he put his job on the line signing him?
Since he has been with us, we have done better but I am sure there is better out there that can improve us move than we have improved.
We do need to sign another forward and I would love Dirk Kuijt to come but I am not the manager, and his transfer cost has risen from the 10 million we did not want to pay, but in my eyes he is the man.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:27 pm

To be honest with you,for the type of player he was after and the money he spent Dean Ashton from Norwich was a far better bet.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:34 pm

look, its too early to jump into the "judge" crouch debate! he just arrived and he needs to settle and understands rafa's ideas! when he do understand his ideas, he will be a very important player to us. He was really impressive today and last week! he is improving, but i hope his agressivness improves.

drummerphil, we aren't managers, and Rafa bought him to improve his side, he is the manager so he knows what he is doing. Rafa thinks crouch is a good player because he sees him part of his system and thats why he bought him. He has good technical abilities that really helps us! and what i saw against Aston Villa, Crouch can help us in away games because it seemed that liverpool won more possession and Crouch held the ball more to let the team go forward.

his judgment will come till the end of the season.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion