Peter crouch - It must be his destiny not to score.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:11 pm

Owzat wrote:He made Benitez think he's worth £7m when Owen apparently wasn't worth £17m but the best way to prove you are worth a fee is to score goals and ACTUALLY win games for Liverpool not by association but by gameplay

im sorry but i disagree about buying owen rather than crouch.

any person who buys someone double the amount that he sold him before has no comensense in Buisness! plus it would hurt our finance.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:23 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Some people obviously dont watch much football if any and write posts based on ar.sehole commentators and so called pundits and the odd flick through a shi.tty tabloid on a monday morning!

That's exactly what's happening Barry.

I'm not saying all the people slating Crouch haven't seen much of him play.  Drummerphil clearly watches a lot of football but doesn't rate Crouch, fair enough that's his opinion.  But there are a lot of tw@ts coming on here basing their opinions of Crouch on what's written in the press and not on what he actually contributes to the team.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:35 pm

IMO Crouch is an intelligent player, works for the team and with a bit more weight on him, can hold of opponents rather than the opponents taking the ball of him all to easily.

Even with all the flak that he has received, he has not let this get to him, which is a good sign, shows that he is mentally strong. His believe is that he will soon score.  To stay positive at such times takes some doing.

I believe that once he gets his first goal, he will come on leaps and bounds and score plenty overs the years.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:53 pm

This Crouch bashing is getting boring now.

Any Liverpool fans who can't see that Crouch adds several hundred percent more to the team already than Milan Baros ever did, just can't be watching the same games as me.

We all know that he's very tall. Get over it, forget about it and watch his football instead.

A bloke sat near to me at the game yesterday made the point that he contributes to the team like Ronnie Whelan did - his fellow pros love to have him in the side for what he adds but some supporters just can't see that. Can't say I agree totally with that, because Ronnie was well appreciated by the Reds fans, but I can see the point he was making.

You can expect the no-nothing fans of other sides who don't see the lad play week-in, week-out and only base their criticism on the fact that he's very tall and he hasn't scored yet, but the fans watching him play ought to know enough about the game to see through that and see what a contribution he is making.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby drummerphil » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:02 pm

john craig wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:Some people obviously dont watch much football if any and write posts based on ar.sehole commentators and so called pundits and the odd flick through a shi.tty tabloid on a monday morning!

That's exactly what's happening Barry.

I'm not saying all the people slating Crouch haven't seen much of him play.  Drummerphil clearly watches a lot of football but doesn't rate Crouch, fair enough that's his opinion.  But there are a lot of tw@ts coming on here basing their opinions of Crouch on what's written in the press and not on what he actually contributes to the team.

hiya John mate....i really want him to prove me wrong,so from now one i will shut up over him and i,m ready to eat sh!t if he delivers.  :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:13 pm

metalhead wrote:
Owzat wrote:He made Benitez think he's worth £7m when Owen apparently wasn't worth £17m but the best way to prove you are worth a fee is to score goals and ACTUALLY win games for Liverpool not by association but by gameplay

im sorry but i disagree about buying owen rather than crouch.

any person who buys someone double the amount that he sold him before has no comensense in Buisness! plus it would hurt our finance.

You buy something for its current value not what was a knocked down price to avoid getting nothing for it. What we sold him for was irrelevant, it is what he is worth to LFC and that is a lot more than £8m

You could also argue selling an asset worth more than £8m for £8m is not good business sense. Nor is paying £11m for a player and selling him for less, but that would be ignoring the fact that commodity value changes and that can be up or down. Owen's value dropped because he was nearing the end of his contract, it was £17m to buy him back because of his goalscoring ability. In truth I think he's worth more, he should be the top England scorer of all time by the end of his career and may even get there before Crouch scores his first (unlikely but you never know!)
Last edited by Owzat on Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:17 pm

stmichael wrote:This Crouch bashing is getting boring now.

Any Liverpool fans who can't see that Crouch adds several hundred percent more to the team already than Milan Baros ever did, just can't be watching the same games as me.

We all know that he's very tall. Get over it, forget about it and watch his football instead.

A bloke sat near to me at the game yesterday made the point that he contributes to the team like Ronnie Whelan did - his fellow pros love to have him in the side for what he adds but some supporters just can't see that. Can't say I agree totally with that, because Ronnie was well appreciated by the Reds fans, but I can see the point he was making.

You can expect the no-nothing fans of other sides who don't see the lad play week-in, week-out and only base their criticism on the fact that he's very tall and he hasn't scored yet, but the fans watching him play ought to know enough about the game to see through that and see what a contribution he is making.

Fans have differing perspectives, I'm bored with hearing about all the things that Crouch brings that quite clearly any Premiership players should be able to do and have. Jesus if a few touches, passes and headers satisfy you then perhaps we should have a team of hard workers with no pace, decent skills and the ability to miss every chance

His height is the main weapon of defence of pro-Crouch supporters, I appreciate good players but for what he brings to the side isn't enough.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:28 pm

Look firstly I am not a huge Crouch fan. But if we are scoring goals and winning games, at the moment I'm not overly concerned if he doesn't score, as embarrassing as it may be for him personally. However if our poor start to the season should have taught Rafa anything, it was that Crouch does the team no good playing up front by himself.

Considering we have won four on the spin, scored 10 goals and kept four clean sheets, people should be talking about all the positives, e.g. zenden's positive performance, cisse's improved attitude, morientes scoring, rather than just banging on about crouch's failure to score again.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:42 pm

stmichael wrote:Look firstly I am not a huge Crouch fan. But if we are scoring goals and winning games, at the moment I'm not overly concerned if he doesn't score, as embarrassing as it may be for him personally. However if our poor start to the season should have taught Rafa anything, it was that Crouch does the team no good playing up front by himself.

Considering we have won four on the spin, scored 10 goals and kept four clean sheets, people should be talking about all the positives, e.g. zenden's positive performance, cisse's improved attitude, morientes scoring, rather than just banging on about crouch's failure to score again.

That Crouch hasn't scored should tell you something. We are in a good run of form but largely because the opposition has hardly been that testing. At the end of the day, whether Crouch scores no goals or 10 goals he is not the quality of player we need. I'm not judging him on his scoring record, it speaks for itself and reinforces what I say which is he isn't good enough to play for Liverpool.

I think a number of fans want to give him a chance, fair enough. What I am sick of is people expecting their support of Crouch to be accepted while jumping on the back of those who do not think he is a good player like they shouldn't have an opinion.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:46 pm

Thats exactly the way i feel myself st mikel. Im definately not a big fan of his, but if rafas happy then thats all that matters.
I think a lot of the problem with him is his style and the way he looks when running etc lol  It makes it worse when we see Rooney and Nistelrooy linking ,doing great things  :down:
But if the team is winning -and the spirit remains ,then im happy enough
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:48 pm

stmichael wrote:Look firstly I am not a huge Crouch fan. But if we are scoring goals and winning games, at the moment I'm not overly concerned if he doesn't score, as embarrassing as it may be for him personally. However if our poor start to the season should have taught Rafa anything, it was that Crouch does the team no good playing up front by himself.

St Mick when we win games people will find some other things to rant on about, it's just the way it is.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:53 pm

i'll be honest, the £7m spent on crouch would have been far better spent on yakubu. he scored his 7th goal in 9 games today. infact in the last 3 years only van horseface and henry have scored more in the premiership.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Mikz » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:04 pm

Better spent on Robbie Keane. I think we all have different opinions on who we shouldve bought :talktothehand what does that tell us eh
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Keane hardly plays well for 90 minutes, thats why he's been a on the bench. Today he got a start ahead of Defoe and hardly threatened the West Ham back four.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:23 pm

Still reckon we could have got Dean Ashton for 3-4 million
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion