PEPE REINA - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:46 am

Apparently has a 4 million clause in his contract
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:59 pm

kazza » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:46 am wrote:Apparently has a 4 million clause in his contract

Have read its 4.2 million to be exact, which is a pain...but then again, i doubt he's worth more than 6 million anyway.

Let him go and move on.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:07 pm

Doesn't play for us anymore.  Won't in the future.

Arsed.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:18 pm

Outstanding for Napoli last night ,and at times stopped Porto running up a cricket score ,of all his attributes that we miss I think his distribution is the most definitive...... I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:43 pm

With Barca now banned from buying players until 2015, it looks like Pepe's 'dream' move is over.  I wonder if he has any regrets, when he considers our performance this season.... ???
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:12 pm

Not arsed about Reina now to be honest and we have moved on, not sure he has.

His planned route to Barcelona is now scuppered but I don't think they wanted him as first choice anyway
and neither do we.

Cracking goalie for us for many years but it rolls on, and we have done magnificently well without him
around this season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:37 am

7_Kewell » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:43 pm wrote:With Barca now banned from buying players until 2015, it looks like Pepe's 'dream' move is over.  I wonder if he has any regrets, when he considers our performance this season.... ???

I don't really care what happens to Pepe now, was a good keeper for a number of years but we have moved on for the better it seems.

Don't know if he stayed would we be sitting on top of the league with 6 games to go.
killerp

Postby eds » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:17 am

Rodgers has moved on and I really think that Pepe's words around Farcelona (last season) will haunt him for the rest of his life if we were to win the league this season.  :p

Classic cliche but don't count your chickens before they hatch. Looks like he might have some egg on his face in a few weeks time, regardless where we finish now.

As any player who is associated with our club you need to be with us in good times and BAD, or you will never be considered a club legend. There is really no difference between batting your eyelashes at other "bigger" clubs  :laugh: or handing in 11th hour transfer requests. It's treachery through and through.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:12 am

eds » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:17 am wrote:Rodgers has moved on and I really think that Pepe's words around Farcelona (last season) will haunt him for the rest of his life if we were to win the league this season.  :p

Classic cliche but don't count your chickens before they hatch. Looks like he might have some egg on his face in a few weeks time, regardless where we finish now.

As any player who is associated with our club you need to be with us in good times and BAD, or you will never be considered a club legend. There is really no difference between batting your eyelashes at other "bigger" clubs  :laugh: or handing in 11th hour transfer requests. It's treachery through and through.

To be fair to Reina he stuck with us through plenty of bad times, he was there through the whole Hicks & Gillette saga and the Broughton/Purslow/Hodgson era too, he was there when we were famously 'two days away from going under'.
He saw Rafa leave and the likes of Hodgson, Kenny and Brendan come in.
Apparently along with Gerrard and Carragher he was one of the leaders in the squad that steered us through some very stormy waters so I think it's a bit unfair for us to gloat in any way, his time at the club had just come to an end and I think we should just wish him well.
If he ever came back he'd get a tremendous reception
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:47 am

Agreed he was great keeper and clubman for our club. For me it is bit of a shame where this situation has ended up between player and club .
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:53 pm

I agree that Pepe was a bit daft to say what he did. He wasn't helped either by his Dad or his agent who also made similar overtures. Should I really trash the guy for his behaviour? I was at Anfield for the Sunderland game and the announcer purposely left Suarez's name to the end.The announcer put a lot more into announcing Luis's name and the resulting cheer was significantly louder than anybody else's. Do we only forgive when it suits us? Torres gave us his best years and we made nearly £30m out of the sale? I have never believed that the move was simply down to Torres. I firmly believe that there was some very impressive manipulation going on that we will never know about regardless of what Comolli has said since the transfer! Treachery? Really?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:17 pm

All due respect, can't compare reina and Torres, IMO

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:53 pm

I am just basing my opinion on Rodger's recent words on Reina, particularly the 'farewell' letter he wrote the fans.

Brendan doesn't usually go out of his way to slate anything or anyone but he obviously feels that Reina hasn't handled himself well since leaving for Napoli, hence the need to say something (which is out of character for him).

That's enough for me to judge that something has happened b/w the two and most of the fault lies with Reina who made stupid comments about Farcelona in the first place, which are inexcusable. Even though he served our club well and steered us through some very tough times I can't sit on the fence and say it was his dad, agent, wife, family cat or bongo the clown who are also to blame for his defection. No that responsibility lies solely with him.

In saying that I have a lot more respect for Reina than Torres though in my eyes both were acts of treachery. Still can't understand how some of you are willing to forgive a rodent who HANDED IN HIS TRANSFER 1 hour before deadline and moved to that soul-less plastic history-less club. Granted he has been sh/it ever since, the fact that some of you point the finger at possibly other people, 'factors', etc for Torres' own betrayal is borderline crazy. In hindsight making money out of a lame duck was a great deal, but his actions at the time were deplorable.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:14 am

He served us well. Seems to be a very well liked person too and is always the life of the party. But he's gone and we're progressing while he's never gonna find another club as illustrious as us. Have loads more respect for Reina, McManaman and Mascherano than I do for Torres and Owen.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby devaney » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:38 am

Eds - if you are happy mate to think that the sale of all the players that you have mentioned was that black and white then that's fine. I just happen to think there was a lot more to it and that the club played it's part. Torres was forced to sign a transfer request for contractual reasons and that is why it was left so late. I wasn't bothered at the time that Torres left and especially for £50m. He had become a complete shadow of his former self. It's not about forgiving. Personally I was glad to see the back of him.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext