PEPE REINA - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:06 am

Stu the Red » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:49 pm wrote:
aCe' » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:17 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:22 pm wrote:His form and age is against him now. 31 is too old for liverpool and the form he's in would cement 3rd choice here for him. He'll find another club no doubt.

You've got to be joking. surely.

Unfortunately aCe, I don't think he is, this seems to be the standard of poster on here these days. How anyone can suggest Mignolet is in the same stratosphere Pepe is is so far beyond explanation its unreal!

not sure what your on about Stu, I didn't suggest that
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:10 am

leeroy74 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:06 am wrote:

Unfortunately aCe, I don't think he is, this seems to be the standard of poster on here these days. How anyone can suggest Mignolet is in the same stratosphere Pepe is is so far beyond explanation its unreal!

not sure what your on about Stu, I didn't suggest that[/quote]

Good, because you would be wrong if you did! :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:26 am

Just in case someone thought Reina was going to make some sort of emotional return to take his spot back.....middle finger salute by Rodgers.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... Reina.html
killerp

Postby eds » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:52 am

Burnt his bridges with his treacherous Farcelona remarks and now this letter, which I didn't even know about.

Sorry Pepe, unlike Suarez you aren't a required commodity at Liverpool FC.

All the best in your career, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:20 am

he had his time here and we should thank him for his contribution.

we move on in a forward direction...
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:34 pm

killerp » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:26 am wrote:Just in case someone thought Reina was going to make some sort of emotional return to take his spot back.....middle finger salute by Rodgers.

dont think many expected him to be back anyway.
for some reason i dont think him and rodgers get on and the relationship has probably passed breaking point. these comments now about the letter pepe wrote are harsh seeing as he was finished as soon as he bought mingy.
“He’s already written his letter,” said Rodgers.
“He wrote a goodbye letter didn’t he? I was surprised a loan player wrote a letter. I would suspect that he should come back but obviously Pepe made it very clear when he went to Napoli that he was looking to move.
"He penned a great big letter saying he was going to work with the best manager that he’d worked with and thanked us for his time for Liverpool. So for me it probably sounded like he’d made his decision there.”

is he really trying to imply pepe had still got a future here until he penned that letter ?
reina never even got to meet up with squad last summer, was told his wages was too much to sit on the bench and then put out on loan because of it. im fairly sure the writing was on the wall before that letter.
anyway he's been a good servant and best of luck to him wherever he ends up.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:42 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 am wrote:
killerp » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:26 am wrote:Just in case someone thought Reina was going to make some sort of emotional return to take his spot back.....middle finger salute by Rodgers.

dont think many expected him to be back anyway.
for some reason i dont think him and rodgers get on and the relationship has probably passed breaking point. these comments now about the letter pepe wrote are harsh seeing as he was finished as soon as he bought mingy.
“He’s already written his letter,” said Rodgers.
“He wrote a goodbye letter didn’t he? I was surprised a loan player wrote a letter. I would suspect that he should come back but obviously Pepe made it very clear when he went to Napoli that he was looking to move.
"He penned a great big letter saying he was going to work with the best manager that he’d worked with and thanked us for his time for Liverpool. So for me it probably sounded like he’d made his decision there.”

is he really trying to imply pepe had still got a future here until he penned that letter ?
reina never even got to meet up with squad last summer, was told his wages was too much to sit on the bench and then put out on loan because of it. im fairly sure the writing was on the wall before that letter.
anyway he's been a good servant and best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

Its got nothing to do with his wages.  Last summer Reina's agent told BR that a bid from Barca was coming and Pepe would want him to accept it.  Hence we went out and bought another keeper...only thing is, Valdes  decided to see out his contract and the bid never came. Hence Pepe was packed of to Napoli.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:02 pm

You don't ditch your girlfriend so you can woo another woman, only to return to your ex and try to fix things when it doesn't work out.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby babu » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:41 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:02 pm wrote:You don't ditch your girlfriend so you can woo another woman, only to return to your ex and try to fix things when it doesn't work out.

wtf?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:16 pm

babu » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:41 pm wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:02 pm wrote:You don't ditch your girlfriend so you can woo another woman, only to return to your ex and try to fix things when it doesn't work out.

wtf?

You don't get it?  :(  It's simple really.

Reina wanted to go to Barcelona, Valdez changed his mind about leaving and Reina was stuck. Meanwhile, Liverpool had to protect their interests by getting a new keeper in case Reina left.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:42 pm

I absolutely loved the fella,possibly one of the most passionate personalities we've had at the club foreign or otherwise ,so I for one would
have made allowances and welcomed him back in much the same respect as Suarez after his much publicised plea to leave the club.

Its a shame Rodgers cant show an equitable amount of clemency  for one of the best keepers I've seen at Anfield since Ray Clemence.

I suppose the rumours he turned on Gerrard and Carragher ,and even grabbed the latter by the throat has nothing to do with it  ???

Just saying like .....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:21 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:42 pm wrote:
I suppose the rumours he turned on Gerrard and Carragher ,and even grabbed the latter by the throat has nothing to do with it  ???

Just saying like .....

Really? What did you hear?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:31 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:21 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:42 pm wrote:

Just saying like .....

Really? What did you hear?

"Well" *Folds arms* it was way back when Torres still played for us ,and allegedly our two main protagonists in the story were audibly blaming our poor
form on our Spanish contingent ,notably and specifically Torres when Reina forcibly interceded.....Or so rumour has it  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:08 pm

Oh :D

The only one I knew about for certain was when Reina and Carra were arguing and the comparison with Franz Backenbeaur came up. I'm sure Carra has had a few arguments with Arbeloa as well.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:56 am

Pepe didn't exactly cover himself in glory when he left, there was no need for the open letter to the fans (he was only going on loan) and throwing in asides like 'I'm going to work with the best manager I've played under' just makes him sound bitchy, particularly when he'd just spent the previous year working with Rodgers.
You have to look at it from Brendan's point of view, don't forget when he first got the managers job here most of the surveys commissioned by the Echo / local radio stations etc showed that the fans (the local ones at least) overwhelmingly wanted Rafa Benitez back and after a less than stellar first season in charge the last thing Rodgers needed was one of his senior players basically saying 'I'm off to play under a better manager'.
The fact that manager was fans choice Rafa Benitez made that sly dig even worse.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion