LUIS ALBERTO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Just one thing needed along with that list - ability

There are thousands that want to play for the club and level headed etc Spearing is a perfect example or Flanagan who will respect the club etc but just fall short on the ability needed.

Alberto is a big unknown to most - young lad who has played second div football but has gone for a lot of money. We have the same sort of players in the squad already - Suso , Sterling , Ibe , Sinclair plus a few more up and coming youngsters. I just hope signing players like Alberto doesn't harm the chance of the youngsters we already have.
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:52 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:34 pm wrote:I am well pleased with the signings so far. Good, grounded, level headed young men who want to play for the shirt and the fans and have respect for the club and the manager.
The futures bright...
:nod

“I feel very excited, I’ve never felt so excited before but I’m very happy. I think I am the happiest man on earth".: Luis Alberto

I don't think he could honestly come across as more elated...... I don't think I have seen the reds act this quickly in the
transfer window for a very long time. I think its refreshing to have our respective new players in early so Rodgers can
integrate them into the team,and our haste could reap its rewards if they gel quickly .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:34 am wrote:I am well pleased with the signings so far. Good, grounded, level headed young men who want to play for the shirt and the fans and have respect for the club and the manager.
The futures bright...

That's what I've liked most about Aspas, is he's clearly wanted to come here.  He said no to spurs and some Italian league clubs who've came after him because as soon as we said we wanted him, that was it.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Did Aspas actually get an offer from Spurs to say no to - same with any other clubs rumoured to be after him.
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:41 pm wrote:Just one thing needed along with that list - ability

There are thousands that want to play for the club and level headed etc Spearing is a perfect example or Flanagan who will respect the club etc but just fall short on the ability needed.

Alberto is a big unknown to most - young lad who has played second div football but has gone for a lot of money. We have the same sort of players in the squad already - Suso , Sterling , Ibe , Sinclair plus a few more up and coming youngsters. I just hope signing players like Alberto doesn't harm the chance of the youngsters we already have.

Sorry, I thought that it would have been a given that we sign players with ability 
"He is seriously sh'ite, but he's very level headed..."
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:50 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:41 pm wrote:Just one thing needed along with that list - ability

Sorry, I thought that it would have been a given that we sign players with ability 
"He is seriously sh'ite, but he's very level headed..."

Well you never know - we signed both Konchesky and Poulsen in the past.
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:00 pm

You are definitely insane
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:00 pm

Insane ???
Benny The Noon

Postby redno7 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:49 pm

insane?  not a word I'd use but i agree. 

just can't speak highly enough of the clubs quick movement in the window. it's refreshing and well done to BR
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Luis's first interview

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Judgement definitely reserved until he has played , all the sound bites and nice words and you tube vids will count for nothing unless he produces the goods - we had a mass hysteria about Gonzalez from You Tube vids and he was awful.

Can't get away from the price tag for him, such a lot of money for him. I could understand it for players like Tello or Defaflou ( sp?)
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:27 pm

redno7 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:49 pm wrote:insane?  not a word I'd use but i agree. 

just can't speak highly enough of the clubs quick movement in the window. it's refreshing and well done to BR

I only use it for people who constantly say mad things, a la BTB

Refreshing is a word I would use, definitely
Thommo's perm

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:47 am

Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:59 pm wrote:Judgement definitely reserved until he has played , all the sound bites and nice words and you tube vids will count for nothing unless he produces the goods - we had a mass hysteria about Gonzalez from You Tube vids and he was awful.

Can't get away from the price tag for him, such a lot of money for him. I could understand it for players like Tello or Defaflou ( sp?)

Your first post in this thread declared Alberto a "good signing" since then it's been a barrel of negativity - what happened?
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:31 am

Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:47 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:59 pm wrote:Judgement definitely reserved until he has played , all the sound bites and nice words and you tube vids will count for nothing unless he produces the goods - we had a mass hysteria about Gonzalez from You Tube vids and he was awful.

Your first post in this thread declared Alberto a "good signing" since then it's been a barrel of negativity - what happened?

I thought his situation was different - thought we were stealing another Barce kid on the cheap - not spending 8 mil on a player at loan to Barce B.

Great that we are buying youth - but £8mil ?!
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:40 am

Cheer up Benny FFS...     :suspect:  :suspect:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion